+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It was very satisfying to see Steve go. Watching him stand alone on the tarmac was a sight well worth waiting for.

Candida was a disaster as a leader, but her team was against her from the beginning. She has come up with ideas in the past. Last week she not only found a wedding dress for Erica, but convinced the woman to bring it to them when Erica said that she did not have time to go to the woman. In gratitude Erica gave her more grief. The phoney wedding would have looked even cheesier if Erica did not have the dress.

Steve on the other hand, doesn't seem to have contributed anything to any of the tasks. Unless you consider becoming increasingly obnoxious a contribution. His little game with Jessica showed what a shallow person he is. On the first episode he said that he was going to make everyone his bitch. If that was his goal I guess he wanted everyone else to use him as a role model.

Now that he has been sent home maybe he will find time to shave.

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    The thing i dislike most about steve was how he is like i went to yale i know all these people, he seems to me to be overly confident. i am very glad he is gone

Steve made the mistake of assuming that all successful business people were manipulative, ruthless and self-promoting -- traits that Branson clearly doesn't admire. Maybe tennis boy watched too much Apprentice?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    yea when i watch this show, i think richard wants a fun person that will have fun with his employees and treat them all equal and yet be assertive. steve seemed like someone who would degrade his employees.

Quote Originally Posted by norm
    One bad thing about the show is the lack of consistency. Sometimes the loser of the final challenge is automatically out, no matter how good they've done previously. For example, this week and the one in the jungle. In other weeks, the challenge seems to have no bearing at all on who stays or goes, and Richard picks on his own. For example, last week's climbing down the building and the previous week's stripping and singing. It's hard to follow. We can't really second guess Richard for his decisions because we barely know where they are coming from.
    I don't see the face-off challenges as being "make or break". Instead, they become one more element by which Richard assesses the candidates.

In the case of the Rock Concert stripping/singing, both contestants successfully completed their portion of the challenge. And, in rappelling down the building, both contestants technically failed -- as neither was able to string their slogan up in the alloted time.

Even though he did end up leaving the losers of the "Night in the Bush" and the "Find Me in Morocco" challenges behind on the tarmac, I don't think that was the only reason. Richard himself always says that he has to weigh their performance in the challenge with other factors and that he has a tough decision to make. And, though he did fault Jermaine for falling asleep on his challenge, his reason for cutting Steve was because he had become "too Machiavellian" -- NOT because he failed the challenge.

Overall, I'm finding Branson's reasoning to be far more consistent than that of the Donald's.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Overall, I'm finding Branson's reasoning to be far more consistent than that of the Donald's.

I agree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123