+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

12/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least midnight Eastern.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Well once again LUCK plays a major role in a reality show.

The women's team got so lucky in the eleventh hour when the "groom" showed up. I thought they were going to have to resort to a shot gun wedding. Asking a 14 year old with braces was outrageous. They sure ticked off the press - bonus!

The men's team came up with a good idea, but it was way too ambitious based on the time it would take to organize. Aren't there consulates that could have helped them find Jews and Arabs? I can't believe they didn't get ANY press.

Challenge - rappelling in windy conditions was pretty cool. There was no way there were going to get the letters hung in 90 seconds. I agree with the choice of who stayed/went.

I'm glad you agree with it...who was it??

Premium Member
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shawn stayed; Michael left

Wow - did anyone even watch this? After last episode I decided not to watch anymore, but I wanted to read what happened and I relied on this thread

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    Wow - did anyone even watch this? After last episode I decided not to watch anymore, but I wanted to read what happened and I relied on this thread
    Don't you know no one watches this show?

If you really want to know what happened, here's a quick recap.

The teams of men and women are told to generate publicity. The men try to organize a soccer match between Israelis and Muslims with a celebrety referee. Unfortunately, Steve, the tennis pro and Yale grad, can't tap any of his connections and they have no celebrety ref. STeve was delusional enough to think he could get David Beckham or fellow Yale grad George W. Bush! The match was billed as a love match to promote Shawn's, the team leader's, company "Love Sac." The men barely round up enough soccer players to field half a team. No reporters show in the rain and the men wind up playing themselves.

The women have a publicity stunt based on a hoax marriage. Team leader Erica is a model. They print flyers and advertise online that tomorrow, her friends will decide who Erica will marry. As they pass out flyers some guys are actually interested. On the day of, 20 reporters show up to see what happens, but no men show up. The women try to drag people out of the park and eventually they find one sucker willing to marry Erica. Afterwards, the media bombards them with questions like "Aren't you marking a mockery of marriage?"

Needless to say, the women win because they actually had reporters at their publicity stunt.

Shawn takes Michael to the elimination challenge where they repel down a 700 foot building while trying to hang letters to make a sign. Neither succeeds in making the sign in time.

Michael gets left on the tarmac and the contestants fly to Morocco.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    I watch. I think it is quite clever. I just can't post while it is on. Computer is in other room.

I was surprised the guys didn't check the weather, when they were planning their event. I thought the couch burning would have been a hoot.

A gimmick, is a gimmick, thus the more outrageous, the more press. The guys idea was more of a humanitarian effort rathar than that of a gimmick.

I think RB really likes Shawn. He has the edge RB is looking for. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shawn go all the way.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Shawn win either, unfortunately. Another missed opportunity to get rid of him. Personally, I think that his only skill is to be annoying and he is not even as good as that as Steve is. He sees himself as a leader (and I guess Sir Richard does as well). I would not want to work for him or with him.

I don't think that either team deserved to win this time. The men bit off more than they could chew with their grandiose plans. Their initial plans included getting David Beckham and then Steve insisted that he could get a celebrity with a snap of his fingers. He said that he even had an in with one of the Bush daughters (I forget which one). Well I guess he's not the big shot that he thought that he was, although I am sure that it hasn't dampened his ego any.

As Sir Richard suggested there is something distasteful about using a political issue, such as the Middle East situation, to publicize a commercial product.

Even if their idea did draw attention, they didn't seem prepared with any of the product that they were supposed to be advertising. Where were the pillows?

Judging by the match that the men's team did manage to set up, it was just as well that the press did not show up. Between the nets with holes and the teams with no uniforms I don't think that they would have made a favourable impression.

I also think that the women's project was a dud. They did manage to get press coverage, but I don't understand why. The number of cameras that where there to cover someone pretending to get married suggests that it must have been a slow news day. I guess they couldn't find any kids playing house to report about. If I was working for a newspaper and my editor told me to go cover such a phoney event I would think that it was time to find another career.

Having gotten the attention of the press, so what? Was the idea that Erica would now get more modelling jobs? I think that it demonstrates someone desperate for attention.

Since the men got no press coverage and the women got lots of coverage of a hoax, I think that it was a draw. Instead of picking a winner I think that Sir Richard should have had the two project leaders go against each other in the final challenge.

Having decided that the men lost however, it was a pity that Shawn did not pick Steve to go up against. That way at least one of the people that I find really irritating would be gone. (My list of the people that I do not want to see win are Steve, Shawn and Nicole.)

Quote Originally Posted by norm
    STeve was delusional enough to think he could get David Beckham or fellow Yale grad George W. Bush!
    OMG! Thanks for the recap!

Quote Originally Posted by waterwitch09
    I'm glad you agree with it...who was it??
    I don't know any of the names. The one who stayed has blond hair that sticks out all over. I remembered him from the African safari ep where during the men's presentation he spoke to the tribal leaders and not at them, even calling them by name. The guy who left... well he won't be there next week.

+ Reply to Thread