+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Next week: Contestants dangle from a tall building....window washers in America probably just rolled their eyes. That is, if anybody watches this show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    ouch! Jenn shows her goods and gets the shaft!
    That sounds kind of fun. Or sick. Or both.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Hey Qboots and Burntcrow....I was watching. My TV is in the other room than the computer. I need to fix that, so I can chat with everyone. I like this show. Just different enough. I'm lovin' RB.

Tonight's episode wasn't as scary as some of the stunts, but embarassing. They seem to be covering all emotions and elements that one faces, whether it be in business or ordinary life. I think RB is looking for the person not necessarily the experience.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

The first ten minutes about the Steve and Jessica story were almost enough to make me change the channel. But then anything involving Steve is an ordeal for me. I find him very obnoxious.

Still I found myself rooting for him to win, at least this time, because I wanted the women to win. I am still hoping that Sara wins the whole thing.

Other than picking which band seemed to have the most talent, there didn't seem to be much to this challenge. It was hard to tell from the snippets that we saw which band was the best. None of them really impressed me.

After choosing the band (and you could tell from the editing that they were not really going to go after the same band) there was not much for the teams to do. It could not have taken much convincing to get the band to agree; what band in those circumstances would turn down an opportunity play at a major festival.

Despite Steve's attempts to make it look like they got their band all these major endorsements, that didn't seem to make much of an impression on the judges. Then he wrote a little PT Barnum speech to make it sound like Exit 10 was the greatest show on earth. The only thing that mattered though was how the band performed.
    When asked what they did for the band, what could they say? What could they have done for the band in a few hours - wrote them some new songs, gotten them new clothes, recorded an album with them?

Jessica's group seemed to have a more personal rapport with their band, but even they seemed to be disappointed with Red's performance. From what the judges said it didn't seem like Red had enough experience.

So the decision came down to which band was better, so the only thing that really mattered was which band each group chose. I don't remember Shawn disagreeing with the decision to choose Red, even though he later said that he did. Perhaps it was just edited that way because it would have made clear earlier that they were not going after the same band and thus eliminate some of the suspense. I would rather have seen more of the discussion as to which band to choose than the earlier Steve and Jessica soap opera.

I don't know what part of the Mormon religion forbids being naked in public, but apparently it does not forbid being onstage next to a naked women. Maybe it was ok as long as he didn't look.

What would have happened if Jessica had insisted on singing? Shawn would have refused to strip on stage and as long as she sang she would have won the challenge. Since she knew that he would refuse, why not force him to refuse? If they both wanted to do the singing how would they have chosen who got to sing?

I was suprised that Sir Richard sent Jessica home. She has kind of flown under the radar and lost her one time leading. But Shawn has been on the edge of getting sent home since the very beginning. Besides his comments in the cab, he refused to take the lead in the Hong Kong challenge even though he had been there before and spoke Chinese. I don't want to second guess a billionaire, but I think that he had more strikes against him than Jessica. Perhaps Sir Richard saw more potential in him, but potential didn't help Red get the opening spot at the V festival.

Any thoughts from anyone else as to who they would have sent home?

I was really hoping that Steve's team would lose and he would be sent packing. I can't stand him.

Between Shawn and Jessica, I thought Jessican should have stayed.

Maybe I am too suspicious but I have been wondering if the real reason that Jessica was sent home instead of Shawn was to try to keep a bit of a balance between the sexes. If Shawn had gone that would have made 5 men gone to only 2 women.

If the intention is to keep the teams being one sex against the other, Sir Richard may have thought the teams would be too uneven.

I can't see him ever hiring Shawn so he could have thought that there will be other chances to send him packing.

This wasn't a good episode. First you have the jealous wanna-be-boyfriend that harrassess the girl that was, imo, keeping Steve all wrapped up around her finger to potentially use him to get to the top. The challenges weren't that challenging. Like william said, it was all about whose band was more talented. Woooo....big freakin' deal.

The elimination face-off was a little flat and dissapointing too. I do agree in that Jessica should go home, because ..well.....she picked the wrong band. At least Sean tried to give the group some tips on how to perform better.

Not one of the better episodes, imo. Bring back the exciting stunts!

FORT Regular
    Wm13 etc.
    Both of the elimination challenges seemed poor choices for determining a CEO - closer to chosing a class clown. They were from the school pranks grab bag.

Branson's decision making process became very questionable with this one. If the game starts fresh with the elimination challenge then Jessica & Shawn should have been on equal footing when the challenge was presented. Jessica won it when she was willing to perform either one of the choices, singing or streaking. She won it again when she actually streaked - she performed boldly and got the audience aligned with her. Shawn lacked the bravado to take the challenge and then was booed when he sang.
    Shawn showed leadership (???) by back-peddling his team's decision after being chosen for the challenge by stating that 'he really wasn't into the RED choice for a band'? That bridge had been crossed when the team chose RED. Old news & weak knees.

So where is Branson's logic for choosing Shawn?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12