+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

For some reason, I had no intentions of watching this but then Amanda's recaps changed my mind and thought I'd give it a try...last night wasn't bad, nor was great. But I'm still going to give it a few more episodes.

I can only guess that the guys were so self-absorbed that they were oblivious to everything but their own brilliance.

They are also probably used to lots of cameras around.

Still, I agree with you that they should have noticed both the cameraman and Nicole.

Jermaine didn't know that he fell asleep? How can you not tell.

I have trouble falling asleep on a bed. To have a nice little nap when you are wondering where the lions are, well, I guess he wasn't that anxious about eternity.

I was mostly watching Manhunt, but I have to say that I really enjoyed the parts of last night's Rebel Billionaire that I caught. I was already pretty sure the women were going to win the challenge, but I knew they had won after the elders started clapping following their presentation of the chicken coop idea.

Btw, I was laughing my ass off when the women were talking about the chickens roaming around. We have two random chickens that looked almost exactly like the one they were showing on camera that someone in my urban neighborhood owns. They are always escaping so you'll see them clucking their way down the street or the sidewalk. My jack russell terrier is fascinated by them.

This is the first episode I watched, but I really liked it. The project to help the village was a practical test with a result that improved people's lives. I liked the chicken coop idea, but wonder if all that clucking will sound like a dinner bell to the "neighbors". I don't know anyone's name, but the loser's yet and that won't help me in future shows.

I can't believe most of the men didn't take the language barrier and simplicity of life into account during their presentation. I'm glad their ideas were combined with the women's to help the villagers.

The elimination process was promising. The leader of the men's team picked the person he considered the "weakest link" rather than just someone who was a threat to him or that he just didn't like. Being forced to stay awake all night in the midst of wild animals with only a fire to protect you must have been very frightening. I was scared while safe in my apt with only an odious mouse to threaten my piece of mind. I thought this was a great test of endurance and mental and emotional toughness. Giving the results by way of your airline ticket destination is clever and not as demeaning as announcing it to the whole group.

I'm still watching, and liking this show. I must be one of the dozen or so, which is sad.

I'm still watching too John. It's just that my Tuesday night TV schedule is very overcrowded, I have to tape a lot of stuff, and it takes me a couple days to catch up. As far as billionaire programs, I'm liking this one better than The Apprentice or The Benefactor.

I can't believe it's even possible to fall asleep when you're out on a dark desert, surrounded by hungry beasts. I certainly wouldn't have. Then again, I wouldn't have been out there in the first place.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    This show is really one of the best. One of my favorites.

Just showing my support!

FORT Fogey
    I really like this show too! I told a few people about it....and they all concur!
    Wish more people would watch....

I hope that Fox at least lets the show run its course and not combine episodes like ABC did with the Benefactor (although that show did deserve a mercy killing).

The contestants do seem interesting, even if we do have to listen to a lot of "losing is not an option" speeches every week. And Sir Richard Branson seems like he's really interested in finding the right qualities in the contestants (as opposed to Donald Trump whose goals seem to be limited to promoting himself and belittling everyone else.)

I still find it ironic that Jermaine, who is supposed to be a motivational speaker, is the only person who hasn't been on a winning team and who couldn't motivate himself to stay awake, even when his life may have been in danger and at the very least was sleeping away the chance of a lifetime. I guess part of his talk doesn't include being able to do anything you put your mind to.

I love this show. I can't believe people are not watching this show. It's fast-paced and very fun to watch.
    It seems like Bronson really cares about the contestants that he selected, unlike Trump. The contestants got an adventure of a lifetime. On the Apprentice, when a contestant is fired, they leave with bitterness and anger after being ganged up on the boardroom by your former teammates. It kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth. On this show, the contestants seem to be able to accept Bronson's decision calmly and leave with a general sense of accomplishment and having had a worthwhile experience, despite their elimination. Having a tea party on top of a hot-air balloon and helping an African village are things that are you can be very proud to have accomplished, have a lot of fun doing, and leave you with a sense of having a very rich experience and not have wasted your time even though you got eliminated.
    This show deserves more viewers. It's at least as fun as the Apprentice, if not better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast