+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

They sure don't look happy to see Nicole! I loved how Branson called her a 'bore'
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

OMG nicole talks a LOT..... Hey QBoots, I just figured out maybe MY channel is just behind and you are on track... Sorry to assume.. By the way, I peeked at your spoiler.. couldnt help myself... AR6 BABY here we come!!!!

That Nicole is one insensitive b*tch! I wished she had been booted out. At least, everyone else has seen her for what she is. And she doesn't know when too shut up either.

Erica is turning out to be one tough competitor. Gabriel is such a cutie, and my what strong arms he has. It was too funny that Branson wasn't able to jump higher and he ended up falling. He's a good sport, though. I like him.

Is this a serious show or is it a spoof? Is this the show that I've seen ads for that takes a bunch of Ivy-League educated folks and makes them do ridiculous things to vie for a job that in the end doesn't really exist?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Is this a serious show or is it a spoof? Is this the show that I've seen ads for that takes a bunch of Ivy-League educated folks and makes them do ridiculous things to vie for a job that in the end doesn't really exist?
    The spoof show is My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss. This show awards the winner $1 million and the "job" of being President of Virgin Worldwide, Richard Branson's empire.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar

Good Show!!!

LOVED THE SHOW>

Mr. Krazi and I thouroughly enjoyed the show. If you put yourself in their shoes (to the best of your ability, while sitting on the couch), it is very exciting. When Erica hesitated, I just about ......

While discussing the decision to go over the falls. Hard to make a decsison from the couch due to the fact you really didn't know what and what not was discussed about construction, etc. Could see there was no padding in capsule, but it was tested and made by NASA???? Very clever of Branson.

Overall I think this show is refreshing - exciting and different enough. Hope it makes it.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

After being so obnoxious on the first show I was happy to see Shawn take a dive. I don't understand why Nicole did not pick him for the challenge.

Clueless at dinner, and clueless she remained when she entered the plane. No one even greeted her and still she kept chattering. But what can you expect from someone who shows up for a dangerous stunt with knitting needles sticking out of her hair?

After 2 weeks, I'm lovin' this show! It's really "out there" -- but that's part of what makes it so enjoyable.

Initially, I thought the idea of using extreme stunts to determine business skills was whacked out. But after only 2 weeks, I must admit that Branson's insights into the characters of the contestants are pretty incredible. By just paying attention to little details and interactions -- like the fact that neither Nikki nor Sam walked a few feet to even look at the falls or that Nikki, as team leader, still allowed Sam to go into a deadly situation after she herself had backed out -- Branson shows that he doesn't need business tasks, Boardrooms, or Carolyn & George in order to make some very tough decisions. I actually get more out of listening to him for 5 minutes than I do from 5 weeks of The Donald.

Good stuff!

LAGuy:
    I completely agree with you.

I did not know much about Sir Richard Branson before the show started, except that he was a rich adventurer. In just 2 shows I have developed a lot of respect for him - not just because he is willing to take some risks. He hasn't asked anyone to do anything that he wouldn't do himself and he treats everyone with respect. Even when criticizing someone it isn't done in a mean spirited or nasty manner (unlike someone else who has his own show).

I also thought that the type of physical challenges the contestants had to undergo seemed like a strange way to pick a company president. But I think we are learning a lot about these people, and even more importantly, so is Sir Richard.

I do not understand why the show is not getting better ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    They sure don't look happy to see Nicole! I loved how Branson called her a 'bore'
    I think he referred to her as "boorish", which isn't exactly the same thing. It's worse.

I was FAR more impressed by this episode that the early one I saw (the 1st). Firstly, Branson is infinitely more likable and interesting than the other TV Tycoons. Secondly, although I still debate the relevance to picking a new Virgin CEO, the adrenaline level of the show was great. Even the "players" seem to be more sharply defined now--in the early episode they were all a blur except for Sara, who I liked before and like even more now. Now Nicole, Erica, Shawn, and Gabriel, at the very least, also seem distinct.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast