+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stunt Rip-Off?

Stunt Rip-Off?

One of the stunts i saw on the ad looks practically identical to that one mission from RR: Extreme. It's the one that you jump and try to hold on to the person dangling 6 feet away. Hmmm...Wodie Welcome 2 Tha Nolia
    Menace to Society is all we watch /
    In the back seat strapped with the throw away glock/
    I got some partners in the business never seeing the light/
    Ya people would have gotten Cocharine too if ya cheese be right/

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXotic
    Hmmm...Wodie Welcome 2 Tha Nolia
    What??? Is this slang?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Nah, Broadway , we just aren't cool enough to know the meaning : lol
    I really don't care if some of the stunts are the same as something that might have been done somewhere, at some time. I don't think you can expect every single challenge to be entirely original on any show. Besides, I don't even know what RR: Extreme is, so it's brand-new to me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

ah

RR = ROAD RULES EXTREME!!!
    Lol

But isn't this show already a mix of Fear Factor, TAR, and The Apprentice?
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Come on man. It is the EXACT same stunt that was already done on Road Rules Extreme. That's weird that noone seemed to notice.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Must be a great stunt. To me good business not only means thinking up new ideas, but also using other good successful ideas.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar

Has anyone watched ESPN's "I'd Do Anything"?

The challenges on the weekly series "I'd Do Anything" are called "sacrifices" because the only reward the person performing them will receive is the ultimate sports fantasy of a loved one or friend! The categories for the stunts are appropriately labeled PAIN, SHAME and INSANE. They are all a fresh twist on some things we've already seen and geared to fit within a sports theme. The bi-plane stunt on Rebel was featured on an early episode with the exception of the baton exchange. On IDAthey made three passes and the contestants attempted to drop soccer balls into a goal. There have been some VERY insane risks on this series and a lot of injuries.

The point is that these people are performing for strictly altruistic goals. They get nothing but a warm, fuzzy feeling if they win (and some cool logo gimmes). On Rebel there is plenty of incentive to take big risks, even without knowing the extent of the Grand Prize. Plus the fact that RB is performing these stunts right along side them would be pretty reassuring, you would figure that there have been major precautions taken to insure HIS safety.

I think the key to the entire Rebel Billionaire series is Branson's devil-may-care personality. Let's accept that the show is a rip-off of everything that has come before as a given and move on. We could do a thesis on the fact that all of reality TV has become derivative - in fact almost everything in the entertainment industry from music to film has been done before in some form.
    So what? If it's fun, with a cast you can care about (love 'em or hate 'em as long as you're passionate about it)we'll keep watching. Otherwise some of us might have to go out and actually look for some danger of our own - forget the safety nets!

Can't wait to see if this show comes up with some genuine surprises. I'll be the first to eat my words. (That will be one heck of a big meal!)
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

I don't care what they call 'em and I don't care if the stunts are a rip off all I know is those suckers can have them. I'm a whimp and i ain't afraid to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXotic
    One of the stunts i saw on the ad looks practically identical to that one mission from RR: Extreme.
    I would be surprised if there are that many people who ever saw RR Extreme. I think I've seen Road Rules once or twice on a weekend by accident. But I don't think many people truly follow that show. Isn't it just a bunch of teens who don't have any goal except to be on a team that wins and tells all their teammates off? Isn't there always some kind of (boring) personality drama? I was certainly never motivated to regularly follow the show. Branson could probably repeat every stunt RR did and still nobody would know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast