+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Blasts Branson

Trump Blasts Branson

Tycoon Donald Trump has poked fun at fellow billionaire Richard Branson after his new reality show The Rebel Billionaire was a flop on its opening night.

Branson's television contest to find someone to run his Virgin empire has been touted as a rival to Trump's The Apprentice, but the New Yorker is laughing at the claims.

Speaking to TV news show Extra!, Trump boasts: "Branson's ratings were terrible, down the tubes...The Apprentice is the hottest show there is. Richard Branson, your ratings speak very loudly, and you just got fired!

"It would seem hard to believe they could keep him on the air. It's a big failure.

"I don't believe he's a billionaire. I don't see how a person can be a billionaire when they own their own airline. I would imagine most of his money is going into his airline to keep it afloat.

"I wish him a lot of luck in the businesses. But, I can tell you, on television, he's a total failure."
    http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertain...78&p=yz384zz84

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar
    I personally like THE REBEL BILLIONAIRE better than THE APPRENTICE. Trumps just angry because he's got a little competition. :phhht

The Apprentice may be a more entertaining show. But with these comments, and what he said about The Benefactor, it seems like Trump sure is going out of his way to snark at any possible competition. I mean, he's got better ratings. Can't he take the high road and shut up?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Hmmm...perhaps a little jealousy from Mr. Trump? The comment about Branson not really being a billionaire just cracks me up. Perhaps Trump should look in a mirror and ask the same question about himself?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Psssh. Who cares what Donald Trump thinks, anyway? He's certainly got a lot of gall for someone who's filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Can't he take the high road and shut up?
    Trump couldn't find the high road if it was highlighted on a map. I think the success of The Apprentice has erased every bit of humility the guy had after losing all that money.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Is it possible his comments are just good-natured "ribbing" toward his competitors?

*slinks quietly out of thread*
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'd much rather watch Richard Branson on t.v. than Trump. He has much better hair and I love the accent.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    We also see RB alot more than Trump. RB is involved with his "prospective employees" rathar than just spewing tasks at them. RB's genuinely interested in the people they are.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

I think it's all good natured ribbing,but if I had to choose between the two I'd choose Branson,especially since Apprentice 2 isn't as good as it was last season. Branson is a pretty interesting dude to me. I still can't get over how he whacked those two contestants in the first 10 minutes or so. That's hard core.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast