+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Blasts Branson

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    How very odd to think that someone who is willing to do daredevil stunts is also capable of being in charge of a business empire.
    I've always seen it as odd that someone who wasn't willing to do daredevil stunts would be capable of being in charge of a business empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I'd much rather watch Richard Branson on t.v. than Trump. He has much better hair and I love the accent.
    I agree, I think (I don't really have much of an opinion on either of them ) But Branson does seem like a lot of fun. I'd like to see Donald go bungee jumpee off a waterfall.

Well, Richard Branson is undoubtably easier on the eyes than The Donald, but his show is just...bizarre. How very odd to think that someone who is willing to do daredevil stunts is also capable of being in charge of a business empire.
    But, that risk-taking attitude is what has made Branson a very rich man, and it's true that lots of billionaires are not exactly your run of the mill business types. One I can think of, Ted Turner, kept us here in Georgia entertained for years with his escapades!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I think the stunts are good. Not only to keep us entertained, but it forces contestants to step into extremely uncomfortable surroundings, and push themselves beyond their prior limits, and to succeed in doing so.

All I know is that I stopped watching The Apprentice last season, and I've got a season pass on my TiVo for this one.

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    I'd like to see Donald go bungee jumpee off a waterfall.

When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    I've always seen it as odd that someone who wasn't willing to do daredevil stunts would be capable of being in charge of a business empire.
    Always? Naaaah, don't tell me that while you were watching The Apprentice last year you were thinking..."hmmmm...what would really liven up this show would be if Trump forced Omarosa and Troy to scamper up the side of a hot-air ballon!"

Maybe it's odd that Sir Richard makes it a prerequisite. You'd think it would just have been more cost-effective for him to pick a Fear Factor champion to head his empire.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

You'd think it would just have been more cost-effective for him to pick a Fear Factor champion to head his empire.
    The ability to perform stunts isn't the only factor being tested, the Hong Kong shopping exercise wasn't a stunt. The initial cab ride wasn't a stunt. Plus, all these people have been pre-screened for business skills, look how many of them have their own business. If you're going to build a multi-billion dollar business from scratch you have to be willing to take huge risks, you also have to be smart enough not to take stupid risks, and lucky enough not to be destroyed when something doesn't work out. That dare-devil business attitude is almost certainly going to spill over into a dare-devil personal attitude. I think the only reason you don't see more self-made billionaires climbing to the top of hot air balloons is that they are extreme workaholics. Branson seems to have a nice balance in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    . I'd like to see Donald go bungee jumpee off a waterfall.
    Are you kidding....with that comb over The snap back from that thing would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Are you kidding....with that comb over The snap back from that thing would kill him.
    That's called the upside.
    Last edited by Danger Bunny; 11-15-2004 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Is it possible his comments are just good-natured "ribbing" toward his competitors?

*slinks quietly out of thread*
    Or maybe he is just PO'ed about the opening segment where the imposter in the limo was a Trump impersonator, which I thought was hilarious by the way! When Branson opened the Virgin Megastore at Walt Disney World he was on hand & climbed up on the roof & slid down a wire dressed as Peter Pan. This guy just likes to have a good time. Trump has a good time only when he is firing somebody. I like both shows & will continue to watch both, but I think Branson just has a more human side to him than The Donald

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast