+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump Blasts Branson

I think Branson is way cooler than Trump, and The Donald is just jealous. Trump needs to stop with the high school crap!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Can you say EGO? Donald has a HUGE ego, while Richard is a more down to earth guy. I enjoy watching Richard versus Donald. I like Richard more as a human being.

They have different styles, and I prefer Richards.
    I like both shows and hope Rebel turns out to be good
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar

Does anyone remember "Trump Air"? Guess why!

I suppose Trump doesn't keep up with Financial News. He was correct in saying that owning an airline does not make you a billionaire -he's living proof. However, if you check out Forbes list of world-wide billionaires based on personal wealth as of 2004, Trump ranks 205 with 2.5 billion while Branson does trail at - 247 and a measly 2.2 billion.Branson has a lot more new projects that look finacially sound on the horizon. Let us not forget that Trump has had all sorts of financial woes the past few years including filing bankrurcy - go figure that one! Branson is giving money away on his show. Trump is raking it in with a salary, cut of the sponsor dollars and profits from all the "projects' he has assigned his teams (notice all of them employed Trump holdings in some way and garnered a profit from the end-product!)

Trump's winner has to work for the salary that comes as the prize; Branson's winner gets a million and a job. Who would you want to work for in the long run? The guy who sits across the boardroom table and tells you "You're fired" taking delight in your discomfort or the guy who gets down in the trenches with you and won't ask you to do anything he wouldn't do himself, who gives the "losers" a handshake, a hug or a kiss goodbye? This one is a no-brainer for me!

Branson has Trump beat in one area hands down - quality of life. He made it literally from nothing and has had fun every step of the way! Trump didn't come from millions but he did come from wealth and has lived a safe, boring life, decorated with beautiful women on his arm who certainly aren't with him for his charming personality, good looks or sense of adventure. OK, the Rebel Billionaire is a flawed concept that borrows from others -at the end of the day it's a hell of a lot more fun than Trump's boardroom. And the gloating on TV -that's just pathetic. Let's hope that the viewership for Rebel Billionaire picks up - so we can watch Donald Trump eat his words.

Till then I hope somebody points out what an ass he made of himself questioning Branson's claim to the title "billionaire". Even us mere mortals know how to read the financial news!
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

fakeidentity.

You hit the nail on the head with your post. I too enjoy Branson. You'd almost have to think he created these challenges just so he'd have something fun to do while picking a future leader comes secondary.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Newbie
    I like this show! Can't wait to check out the next one! Trump shouldn't talk about his billionaire status when he had to get a discount on his girlfriend's engagement ring. Did anyone read that? cheap! I hope viewers don't listen to Trump's nonsense and judge this show for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakeidentity
    [FONT=Arial]Who would you want to work for in the long run? The guy who sits across the boardroom table and tells you "You're fired" taking delight in your discomfort or the guy who gets down in the trenches with you and won't ask you to do anything he wouldn't do himself, who gives the "losers" a handshake, a hug or a kiss goodbye? This one is a no-brainer for me!
    That's such a good point. Someone is probably writing a business book right now about the two different styles of leadership. (There are already four Apprentice-inspired books on the market now, including one by Carolyn.)
    Just from those two episodes Branson seems to be the type to inspire people to want to achieve. Trump is the type who scares them into it.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    That's such a good point. Someone is probably writing a business book right now about the two different styles of leadership. (There are already four Apprentice-inspired books on the market now, including one by Carolyn.)
    Just from those two episodes Branson seems to be the type to inspire people to want to achieve. Trump is the type who scares them into it.
    I so agree, Candor, and I agree with all that FakeIdentity expressed so well. I couldn't work for Trump for five minutes regardless of salary.

I'm also impressed with the qualities Branson seems to be looking for as he judges his participants.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    The Apprentice is the hottest show there is.
    Ok so does that explain why Survivor is the most watched reality show, and why The Amazing Race won the Emmy?

Ok, I'm going way off topic here.... *leaves*
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar

Trump vs Branson- and all other RTV

Great point! I only know about the Trump sound-bite on "Extra!". I am not sure how many other places he made those ludicrous claims or if anyone had the intelligence to hit him with follow-up questions like yours.

Wouldn't you have loved to get a chance to grill him and see him sputter? I am still hoping that Rebel Billionaire finds its niche and trounces Trump! Anyone remember how well The Apprentice did in the first few episodes? I can't find the numbers. He did have the advantage of the time-slot after Friends in their final season. This year I think he's holding on because, unfortunately, the show managed to keep the buzz going long after it ended its first season. There really are no stand-outs this year and I trust it will fizzle. Right now it does have legitimate claim to being the #1 show in the NBC lineup but, like some many others in the television industry, I question the validity of the "ratings" as a reflection of what people truly want to watch.

You know what I think would make for an incredible head-to-head face off?
    Richard Branson vs. Mark Burnett. Actually, the best-case scenario would have been if Burnett had teamed up with Branson to produce Billionaire. With his own history of Daredevil lifestyle and shows like "Eco-Challenge" Burnett would have been able to tie up all the loose ends and provide plenty of ideas for extreme challenge. Maybe they will join forces some day.

Right now Trump has the upper hand in the ratings thanks to his partnership with Burnett and his time-slot on NBC. But as the Emmy's and, I am certain, "The People's Choice Awards" will prove, The Apprentice is NOT the best reality show ever. I wonder how many people got together to throw parties and watch the premiere of "The Apprentice"?

Trump also made a fool of himself when his show was passed over at the Emmy's back in September in favor of the much better and (Though the "numbers" tell us otherwise) more popular Amazing Race 5. His hissy fit was worthy of a kid who got passed over for a penmanship award - remember "The Demon Seed"?

He's a sore loser and a sore winner as well. Hope the general public soon gets as tired of his played out "You're Fired" line as I am and learns to recognize what constitutes good entertainment. Though watching him stomp around and spit venom when he finally does get his comeuppance will be REALLY good fun - I wonder if we can book tickets in advance? Maybe we can get Mark Burnett to produce "Trump's Tirade"

I bet there are a few angry former investors who'd be willing to fund that project!
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

Well, Richard Branson is undoubtably easier on the eyes than The Donald, but his show is just...bizarre. How very odd to think that someone who is willing to do daredevil stunts is also capable of being in charge of a business empire.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast