+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Lot of Dangerous Stunts

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar

A Lot of Dangerous Stunts

Those stunts that he has them do are crazy! When I was watching the second stunt (the airplane/baton pass) I was sitting there wondering what kind of safety there was to that one! It kind of makes you wonder.......................

All I have to say is Branson is out of his mind. I would have told him "Look dude,I'm an American I don't drink tea....I drink coffee so unless you got some Starbucks up there man you can (bleep )your tea 'cuz I ain't going up there"
    Last edited by did_it_again; 11-10-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Care for a jelly baby? TheDoctor's Avatar
    Works for me. Fear Factor straps their contestants in six ways to Sunday, then marvels how "fear isn't a factor for you". Well, no... not when there are safety lines, backup safety lines, failsafe systems, etc...

I daresay the stunts on Billionaire are pretty safe too (the contestants were tethered to the balloon as they climbed the ladder), but they certainly look scarier. Like I say, it works for me. And at least they have the comfort of knowing that Richard's doing the stunts along side them. He may be adventurous and a little nuts, but he doesn't have a death wish.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    With the baton pass, I was cringing so hard.. cuz whatshername who was upside down could have let go of the baton and it would have impaled whatshername's face!

They are really risky stunts.. but I'd do'm!

Also, I didn't see that they were tethered to the plane while climbing up to the wing.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

yeh

Really though, It didn't look like the 2 contestants had any wires or other safety equipment on them when they climbed out of the cockpit and onto the wing.. Maybe there was but it was probably a single wire and that wouldn't have done much.

Also when Jessica almost FELL through the ballon, it was just like wOw! she could of died right there. Im not surprised that that other chick quit the show on the 2nd episode.

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiXotic
    Really though, It didn't look like the 2 contestants had any wires or other safety equipment on them when they climbed out of the cockpit and onto the wing.. Maybe there was but it was probably a single wire and that wouldn't have done much.
    That's exactly what I thought!

JR.
    There has to be safety equipment for legal reasons. It was there even if it wasn't shown.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    There has to be safety equipment for legal reasons. It was there even if it wasn't shown.
    The show is produced outside the US so the safety standards are different. I am not sure if for the better or the worse, but most places don't have a team of lawyers waiting on Branson or a contestant to stump their toe.

FORT Newbie
    during the plane task, one of the contestants said that she had to unhook her safety harness to climb up onto the plane's wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    With the baton pass, I was cringing so hard.. cuz whatshername who was upside down could have let go of the baton and it would have impaled whatshername's face!
    The physics for that don't work, the wind (110 mhp) would have dragged the baton almost straight back.

What I was picturing was a little turbulence pushing the two planes together and the propeller of one taking out the wing-walker of the other...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast