+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sara

Sara

[IMG]images/img/sarah46_72.jpg[/IMG]

SARA, 33, the owner/CEO of Spanx, Inc., a national women's apparel company based in Atlanta, GA.

I just learned what SPANX were this weekend when a friend came to visit. They are a footless body hose that hold your hips, thighs and butt in, very tightly. My friend bought 3 pair at Neiman Marcus this weekend. $20 a pair.
    My firiend loves them and I guess they are very popular!

I am really impressed with this woman. She faced her fears with grace and grit. Really amazing that she climbed up the side of that balloon.

It was really great of her to admit the fear of heights to the team leader. I thought his decision to leave her to last was a poor choice. I would have been angry and felt betrayed. She took it as information.

She is such a strong front runner on the show. (too obvious?) We have not learned much about the others, but a lot of them seem catty, not the type of person he is looking for?
    Support the FORT - Go Green

FORT Fogey
    I agree Rumi. She is the stand out at this point but we have a long way to go.

I thought leaving her for last was a wise choice for the team captain. She was likely to take the longest, fall, or grab the security wires and lose time. The leader was vulnerable because of his Taxi behavior and needed to make the right choices. He had to secure his position with the bulk of the team so as not to be vulnerable in a future challenge. Also it is possible she would be on his team in a future comp and fail due to her fear leaving him vulnerable again.

No one wanted to be last because the likelyhood of the time running out was huge, leaving them vulnerable for the boot. Someone had to be and the only obvious choice was the one with a fear of heights. Just because she asked to go first is not a reason to comply.

Sara going first in no way insured she would have performed differently either.

She is in a better position now with both Richard and the players, than if she had walked between the balloons.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 11-10-2004 at 08:59 AM.

Well, I certainly admire her ability to overcome her fear during the tea party challenge. However, I did get the idea during the first challenge that she really expected special treatment; "Hello, I'm very weak in this particular area and I expect you to cater to my weakness at the expense of everybody else". That would not go over well on any other reality show. Once she realized she wasn't going to get to go first, I heard her spend the entire challenge focusing on how unfair it was and how betrayed she felt and how she couldn't possibly manage, and I did not particularly hear her try to suck it up and try to convince herself she COULD do it.

FORT Fogey
    The voice over we heard was taped after the challenge and prompted by producers asking questions. We really don't know what self talk she was doing. It could have been edited out. Her story was the only personal drama in that segment so I can see them going for the most damaging or controversial sound bites.

Sara impressed the heck out of me. Even without a fear of heights, climbing that balloon was quite a feet. Since it took her so long, it obviously wasn't easy for her. Not giving up showed a lot of determination.

I hope that she stays in the game a lot longer.

I kept looking at her thinking she looks like somebody. I ended up with three different people that she reminds me of. Joely Richardson, a young, thin Emma Thompson and Holly, the goofy paramedic from Third Watch.

I was proud of her when she got to the top of the balloon.

Something about her makes me think of Jen M. from the Apprentice 2.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I'm rooting for this girl!
    ps i have a pair of spanx and they're killer
    Perfection is just fine by me!

I find myself liking this woman more every time she's onscreen, which is the exact opposite of most reality shows and most contestants. For the most part the uplifting upbeat uptempo editing of this show makes that true of most of the contestants (unless they are beastly like Nicole), but Sara has definitely come off really well.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast