+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candida

FORT Fogey
    I was glad to see Richard chastize her for her attitude. From what I have seen so far I am not impressed. The art/skill of making your position or ideas known in a group or individtually is crucial to success as a human being let alone president of Virgin Air!
    Last edited by Dogbat; 11-10-2004 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack-Wabbit
    There was a Candida on Canadian Idol, too- it boggles my mind that there are two sets of parents in the world callus enough to name their child after a yeast infection.
    My thoughts exactly. Of course, I had to explain it to my boyfriend.

FORT Newbie

can we talk about yeast? :)

hello all! it's C-A-N-D-I-D-A from the show.
    wow, after reading some of the posts, i have to say actually i really like my name! (mind u, my father is a MEDICAL doctor btw, so the "scientificly unfriendly irony" of me being named such is all the more heightened!) however, for the less linear-ly inclined, i was actually named after a great aunt who passed away several days before i was born. my mother said that she was one of the most illumination-filled women she has ever met, & felt it fortuitous to name her brand new baby after someone with such love & spirit. i consider having her namesake an honor, and not a 'misfortune' at all.
    the name is actually a thousands of years old spanish name, existing long before "candida albicans' was coined, i'm sure.

then again there are many other references, i.e. the book "candide" by voltaire, the play "candida", and oh yes, the tony orlando song! (thanks "did it again", wow!

anyway, thanks for all the "spirited" replies, & hope you all continue to enjoy the show!

peace and blessings,
    candida
    Last edited by candida t; 12-04-2004 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack-Wabbit
    There was a Candida on Canadian Idol, too- it boggles my mind that there are two sets of parents in the world callus enough to name their child after a yeast infection.
    My favorite high school teacher was named Candida, and when the class eventually found out what it meant we had to laugh.

Welcome to the site Candida! Thanks for joining us!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12