+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree486Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Dallas

Re: The Real Housewives of Dallas

I honestly don't know the exact law..and quite frankly I think it's stupid. But personally I have not encountered people with guns in their holster. My friend has..she was shopping in Ulta and the guy in front of her had a gun in his armpit holster at the register.. I mean really? So unnecessary. A lot of people are against it and lots of businesses are refusing customers with guns. But personally I've not seen anyone visibly showing their gun.
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

From what I understand you have to have a permit and background check..they don't just let anyone have one. There's also a permit needed to carry it around in public too.
    My head is full of fire and grief and my tongue runs wild, pierced with shards of glass~ Federico García Lorca

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    From what I understand you have to have a permit and background check..they don't just let anyone have one. There's also a permit needed to carry it around in public too.
    But who even bothers to CHECK if the dude or dudette walking around with a gun in his/her holster even has a permit?
    ness and Stargazer161 like this.
    KAREN

Thanks, Star. I didn't know how prevalent this would be. Do you see it all the time, or rarely? My dad was a SF cop when I was very young before he 'retired' to the fire department for thirty years. But he made me very scared of guns when I was little, and when he was a firefighter he never had a gun in the house. So I am still very afraid of them and have never been around them. I know the Texas legislature is very gun proactive, but do the ordinary citizens feel OK about being out and about with open-carry policy. How do you and your friends feel about this My grandson always checks first before going anywhere to dine to make sure it is not allowed. And he can't wait to get home, because it is so disturbing to him. Since he and his hometown friends in Dallas are SF Giants, Niners and Warriors fans, they feel uncomfortable going to sports bars wearing hometown colors. Really, they feel that way. They feel happy to look forward to get out of Texas and coming back home. They just weren't raised with those values. But they also weren't raised on hunting or early gun training, so it can be an intimidation to them. But California is a very different place than Texas, so there is that. How do you feel? And this is in no way a criticism of how you may feel, because you have grown up in a different milieu than we have, so I am asking you how you honestly feel about this. No judgments, just questions.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    EXACTLY like what happened in New Orleans last night with WILL SMITH the very very popular NFL Star.

When a 28yo LOADED with RAGE got out of his car and shot up WILL and his wife. Despicable. Horrific. Distrubing.

Super Bowl Winner Will Smith Shot, Killed in New Orleans; Suspect Arrested - ABC News
    Sweet Jesus.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Honestly even though I don't agree with it..it hasn't been a big deal here in this city and throughout Texas. Dallas in itself is a big city with an abundance of people who for the most part are responsible citizens. I'm not too worried about it to be honest. There are lunatics in every city/state..
    Punkin likes this.

But who even bothers to CHECK if the dude or dudette walking around with a gun in his/her holster even has a permit?
    THERE ya go!

I think the "Who bothers to check?" question can be given a rousing "AMEN!" via the old "Shoot FIRST, ask questions LATER!" adage.

And that'd be just ANOTHER good reason for me to permanently leave The Lone Star State.

Not hatin'.

Just sayin'.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

SOOOOOOOOO.......did anyone WATCH???

I was busy watching LUTHER, DAREDEVIL, VINYL, BILLIONS and then off to beddy!!!!
    KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

SOOOOOOOOO.......did anyone WATCH???

I was busy watching LUTHER, DAREDEVIL, VINYL, BILLIONS and then off to beddy!!!!
    It's on tonight here..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Is it TONIGHT at 10p that they come on?

If it was LAST night that they showed up, then I'll have to catch a re-run, because I missed it.

+ Reply to Thread