+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree486Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Dallas

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Now, THIS one, I AM gonna check out!!!

I think I'm feeling nostalgic for JR and HIS Dallas posse . . .

But also, that commercial of theirs where they show the wives walking through an oil field (?) then cut to a close-up of a pair of cowboy/girl boots being worn underneath an evening gown gets me every TIME I see it!!!!!

Plus, after watching DWTS, I think this show'll be good to roll into to get a few Monday-night laughs and snarks to cap off the evening!

LOL!
    Love a good snark ness, Monday nights just got fun again..
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Now, THIS one, I AM gonna check out!!!

I think I'm feeling nostalgic for JR and HIS Dallas posse . . .

But also, that commercial of theirs where they show the wives walking through an oil field (?) then cut to a close-up of a pair of cowboy/girl boots being worn underneath an evening gown gets me every TIME I see it!!!!!

Plus, after watching DWTS, I think this show'll be good to roll into to get a few Monday-night laughs and snarks to cap off the evening!

LOL!
    Yeah, because everyone here in Dallas wears Cowboys boots...not! Lol, so tired of seeing the false stereotypes that they like to portray of people from Texas.
    sparklete likes this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Star, I visited my grandson in Dallas last year before 'open-carry'. I would be afraid to go there again because of it. Do you see a lot of people open-carrying? Do you feel intimidated if you do?
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Star, I visited my grandson in Dallas last year before 'open-carry'. I would be afraid to go there again because of it. Do you see a lot of people open-carrying? Do you feel intimidated if you do?
    What does that mean?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    What does that mean?
    I know the question was addressed to Punkin, but just guessing off the top of my head, out of curiosity, does it mean that firearms can be openly carried (of course, factoring in that you HAVE a gun permit, in the FIRST place!)?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Yup, you can walk around town with a gun in a holster on your hip. Like a cowboy. It started in January.
    ness likes this.
    Lynda

I know the question was addressed to Punkin, but just guessing off the top of my head, out of curiosity, does it mean that firearms can be openly carried (of course, factoring in that you HAVE a gun permit, in the FIRST place!)?
    Yup, you can walk around town with a gun in a holster on your hip. Like a cowboy. It started in January.

Hmm, Punkin, I would be very uncomfy with that too.

AND how many carry them openly that don't have permits?

Is it just Dallas?

My IL's have a winter home on South Padre Island and I don't think they do that there.
    ness likes this.
    KAREN

Not just Dallas, but all of Texas. I want to hear how Star feels about it. Also ECM is visiting in Austin right now and I'll ask her if she noticed it. Of course not everyone feels as intimidated and uncomfortable about guns as I am. And in so many states 'concealed carry' is legal. I was surprised to learn that Ohio is also an 'open carry' state, only learning that when there was a petition to 'open carry' at the Republican Convention there in July. Wisely, the Secret Service and arena owners nixed that very, very, extremely bad idea!
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    Lynda

Holy CRAP!!

I was RIGHT???

Wow.

I like Texas AND Texans.

But I'm also honest enough to admit that I'd most likely be looking to move to another state.

Tempers CAN run hot, and a stray bullet can have ANYBODY'S name on it.

I sure as hell wouldn't wanna take a chance on the name in question being MINE!
    Punkin, momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Holy CRAP!!

I was RIGHT???

Wow.

I like Texas AND Texans.

But I'm also honest enough to admit that I'd most likely be looking to move to another state.

Tempers CAN run hot, and a stray bullet can have ANYBODY'S name on it.

I sure as hell wouldn't wanna take a chance on the name in question being MINE!
    EXACTLY like what happened in New Orleans last night with WILL SMITH the very very popular NFL Star.

When a 28yo LOADED with RAGE got out of his car and shot up WILL and his wife. Despicable. Horrific. Distrubing.

Super Bowl Winner Will Smith Shot, Killed in New Orleans; Suspect Arrested - ABC News
    Punkin, ness and Imperfect1 like this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread