+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Potomac (Washington DC)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of Potomac (Washington DC)

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that's how each new city has started out. They all begin with the women on guard a bit, trying to present the image they want to convey. Then they slowly get more comfortable in front of the cameras, let their hair down, and we start getting more real storylines.
    I sure hope you're right, AcookerTV, cause I'm looking forward to episode 2 about as much as a dental appointment. But, I do want to give these ladies a chance because it would be enjoyable to have a fun and interesting new HW series to watch. But so far, none of these ladies seem particularly fun or interesting. Here's hoping episode 2 will be much better.
    woodiedog likes this.

Hmmm, I have it on my dvr but just have not seen it.

Planning to watch it this week.

What is with DC ... from your reivews on here most are 'on the fence' about this show.

The last DC housewives show I think only lasted one season. I actually liked it.

I wished it was renewed but that one couple that 'crashed' the WH dinner ...
    Imperfect1 and woodiedog like this.
    KAREN

Someone needs to tell the etiquette cop that the only thing less classy than not having proper manners is correcting someone else for their manners.
    Punkin, AmyKay, Imperfect1 and 3 others like this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." — George Orwell

Another buncha' idiots with more money than common sense.
    Lynda

After epi 2, I can't decide whether to cancel the recording or FF through Charisse and Karen.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

So far, I'm finding this group to be the most blatantly comical of any of the franchises, the crazy levels of pretension and affectation make all of these women seem like cartoonish characters.
    Punkin, Imperfect1 and Queen B like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I think her name is Karen, the wife of the "black Bill Gates" - I was cracking up at the luncheon where she was putting down Gizelle (?)and the whole time that section of hair was so out of place. I find her to be the most full of herself!
    Punkin, AmyKay, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Someone needs to tell the etiquette cop that the only thing less classy than not having proper manners is correcting someone else for their manners.
    There has to be a time in the future where they will do a crossover episode where she'll encounter LuAnn ... I only hope that when that happens, Phadra Parks makes a surprise appearance to settle all of their disputes with a few "everybody knows ..." statements!
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    There has to be a time in the future where they will do a crossover episode where she'll encounter LuAnn ... I only hope that when that happens, Phadra Parks makes a surprise appearance to settle all of their disputes with a few "everybody knows ..." statements!
    I think that would be the Bermuda Triangle of Etiquette-ness! LOL

I watched the 2nd epi this a.m. before work. I think the only person that I liked was Aunt Dot - ha ha ha ha. At her age, she can get away with being sassy.

I did have to laugh when Gizelle was referring to Karen as Diane Von Furstenburg & Lady Eloise. That was hysterical.

Here's what I have to say to Charisse: After 2 episodes - I still don't know you, I don't want to know you, and you're really not worth knowing. Biotch!
    AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.

Yep, episode 2 cemented my feelings on this show. It's terrible. NOT watching.
    FlyAKite likes this.

+ Reply to Thread