+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Potomac (Washington DC)

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Potomac (Washington DC)

Funny that Salahi is being mentioned. Just this morning I read in our local paper that she and the rock star dude she cheated on her hubby with (remember she was "missing"?? AND the rock star sent her hubby a pic of his d!ck?? omgg). Apparently, where they were going to wed, they were told that it would cost approx. $34K But once the town/place where he/Michaele were to have nuptials found out (apparently) they were going to have the wedding as a pay per view event, they jacked up the cost of the event to $240K.

I wish my memory was better, but that's the gist of it. I guess a court agreed and the town owes them.

ETA: Well, this is how off my memory can be at times.. this is a link to what I am talking about. I was close!

Journey's Neal Schon, Michaele Salahi win wedding payout
    Last edited by Maveno; 11-12-2015 at 08:20 PM.
    Punkin and woodiedog like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Funny, but I can't remember any other HWs from that DC season. The Salahi's stood out because of their brazen con.
    woodiedog likes this.
    Lynda

All I remember about it was that literally all of the couples who were married on it are now divorced. There sure are a lot of Housewives divorces that happen during the shows
    Punkin, Jexter, AmyKay and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

I love how they have to name it "Potomac" so it doesn't have to be connected to that Washington D.C. disaster.

I'm still waiting to see Real Housewives of Boston. Now THAT would be a show!

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    I love how they have to name it "Potomac" so it doesn't have to be connected to that Washington D.C. disaster.

I'm still waiting to see Real Housewives of Boston. Now THAT would be a show!
    Funny you should mention this. I've watched every single episode of Real Housewives of Boston (parody) since they started doing these clips!! I mean, OMG, I've LOVED it. I've cried with laughter.. if you like laughing and spoofs, these gals kill it!!!

Here's one to enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrxRpj9LKg
    awesomekina23 likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

That... is beautiful!
    Maveno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Funny you should mention this. I've watched every single episode o

f Real Housewives of Boston (parody) since they started doing these clips!! I mean, OMG, I've LOVED it. I've cried with laughter.. if you like laughing and spoofs, these gals kill it!!!

Here's one to enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrxRpj9LKg
    Omg my ex is from Southie and his sister owned a packie! I must watch all of this.
    Maveno likes this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." George Orwell

FORT Fan

Anyone watch the premier last night? I can't remember all their names yet, but like all the other HW franchises, there's a whole lot of ridiculousness going on!

FORT Fogey

I'm watching it right now. So far, I like it. It has many of the ingredients I think are essential for a good franchise, primarily the women having connections before the show. They are all certainly caught up in creating an image. I'm going to keep watching.

I like the social climbing aspect -- it reminds me of the first year of RHONY -- but not the straight-out-of-the-gate conflict. Hotheads get boring after a while. We'll see how this develops, though.
    woodiedog and HighRoadGirl like this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread