+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Melbourne

The Real Housewives of Melbourne

I just happened to catch this on Bravo today and wanted to see if anyone else caught it. I looked it up online, there will be 2 back to back eps on Sundays at noon from their first season including their reunion. I caught the first two.

Andrea- she is a plastic surgeons wife that also runs a skin care business.
    Chyka (pronounced Cheek-ah)- owns an event/catering company with her husband.
    Janet- a real estate developer that is newly single after catching her husband cheating online.
    Jackie- professional psychic and wife of a member of the band Silverchair.
    Lydia- a chef and fashionista
    Gina- a barrister(lawyer)

Andrea has a meticulous lists for her nannies to follow, interesting...Chyka and Janet seemed ok. I like Jackie, tho she reminds me of the Jersey group with her say-what-you-think kind of mentality. I do not like Lydia, cant put my finger on why. She reminds me of someone, Catherine Zeta Jones maybe? cant put my finger on it. Gina I do not like at all, heavy tan, caked on makeup, thinks because she is lawyer she is the bees' knees. That's just for 2 episodes tho so who knows how much I feel about each will change.

As someone who has never traveled out of the country besides Canada, I really like these foreign shows (a la Ladies of London). I like seeing the different cultures/traditions. Although, at first, it in some ways seemed like a parody of the HW franchise. I know there is also a RH of Vancouver, not sure if Bravo has any plans showing that in the future or not but I would watch it!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Re: The Real Housewives of Melbourne

No didn't watch & don't plan to. I am just Housewived out.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Maveno like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I did catch some of this. Except for the accents, it could have passed for any of the other HW shows - nothing special.
    IMHO none of the women came across as being particularly likable - the usual bunch of over-privileged, humility-deficient clothes horses.

Psychic Jackie supplied the most giggles for me. I lost track of how many times she mentioned the name of the band that her husband plays in - and how much she thinks he's a dead ringer for Johnny Depp. ?
    AmyKay likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I'm glad you brought this up, I thought I was out of the loop by not knowing that there was a Housewives of Melbourne. I DID find it today, started watching..and quickly got bored. Flipped over to ID and never returned to it. I think I'm in the same boat as PA Snow Bunny , burnt out.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey

I watched it. I didn't have high hopes because I figured Bravo running in during the day indicated they didn't think it was great. I didn't turn it off, but I think they thought right. The woman married to the guy from Silverchair is way too desparate for everyone to know that.

I found London interesting. Maybe Melbourne will be too.....I have not seen it yet....(or any commercials for it).
    You can do it!

FORT Fanatic

I absolutely loved this cast... I was ROTFL. I can't wait to see the series.
    AmyKay likes this.

Sleepless last night I caught a bit of this On Demand. Okay is the one lady a drag queen?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Actually, I got hooked on this show. Except for the obligatory "I'm so offended you said that" argument to create a rivalry that will last all season, the women are interesting. I love the Barbie barrister with the drag queen voice, but I really love the psychic married to the Jack White (not Johnny Depp) lookalike from Silverchair. These women are a good 10 years older than the average housewives in America, and they don't seem to have the same desperate need for attention or conflict. In short, they were RHONY before it went bad.
    AmyKay, Imperfect1 and Fo'Realz? like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    ... the Jack White (not Johnny Depp) lookalike ...
    Yesssss! That's IT!! Thank you, thank you candor!
    The recognition bells were ringing in my head each time I saw her hubby, and I knew it wasn't Depp - - but I just could NOT call to mind who .... ?

Thanks again, now I can finally start to think about ... more important things.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast