+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Melbourne

Re: The Real Housewives of Melbourne

I find Lydia and Andrea to be totally nasty mean girl bully types, can't stand either one of them. I especially detest the way that Lydia talked so rudely to the cheese merchant, she surely is one loathsome piece of smelly shyt.
    AmyKay, cavendish and hornet7 like this.

I have to literally laugh out loud every time Andrea thinks she can help the "working moms". I don't care if she only one nanny, some of us cant afford ANY nanny! And her insistence that she is so much more busy than anyone else...man she is a one-upper!
    Lydia can deny marrying for money all she wants, but after seeing her this season I have a feeling that was a major reason. I wont say she doesn't love her husband, but she obviously loves the lifestyle.
    Janet and Jackie seem coo coo at times but I like them.
    Chyka I like too, she seemed to be the voice of reason this season.
    Gina, I dont like that they have ganged up on her, but I feel she should take SOME responsibility for her words and actions. They showed her in a one on one, and then she said she never said that! wth? She never uses the word moron, but in the next convo she calls Andrea/Lydia one.
    Im still fascinated. Does the reunion only have 2 parts? Sad its almost over.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Andrea has airs that just make my skin crawl. She seems to think she has some sort of special insight into the lives of "working moms." Not.

I agree 100% about her level of busyness. How many times does she need to remind us that she is probably the busiest person on the planet? I'm sorry-- but could she explain what she's so busy at? I'm not clear. She runs some sort of huge fortune 500 company? if not several? She doesn't have 6 nannies-- she has 6 highly qualified people to take care of her children. HUH? I had to laugh after her consultation with the book publisher who was telling her in no uncertain terms that this book wasn't going to be the run-away best seller that Andrea obviously imagines. Afterward, in her most superior voice, she says 'Im not the sort of person who needs anyone to okay my decision to write a book" (or words to that effect.)-- I suppose this is because she can afford to self-publish and pay for enough exposure that her book will get attention no matter what. Because she is so so important and superior... Ugh.

As for Lydia, she seems somewhat brainless, with her trilling on and on about what a charming life she has-- and her oh so peachy keen and delighted with myself expostulations on the various pleasures she's able to sample on a regular basis. Plus, the way she was cooing over the neglige that Jackie was trying on-- the encomiums to the ecstatic perfection of the female form that was Jackie seemed quite peculiar. She was almost smacking her lips with glee. It seemed just weird.

I had the feeling that Lydia was playing up to Andrea and securing her position as her pet -- while Andrea was somehow very competitive with or envious of Gina and determined to tear her rival down and to establish that she was top dog--and supreme important busy person-- at all costs. And I guess that accounts too for Janet's coughing up whatever she could to malign Gina.

At least Chyka seemed to have a sense of humor and some distance on the whole things-- and not need to gang up with Andrea et al-- Although I did find the breezy "it's all in good fun" comments of her husband completely dissociated. I wondered if I was watching the same group of people--

Still if it was a huge hit in Australia, maybe it will be back--- I'm not sure I could watch more of this, though, unless it becomes less mean-spirited though.
    Moontat likes this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I have already forgotten which face goes with which name, my interest meter never did spike much above "Meh".
    sparklete likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Filming has begun for the second season already minus Andrea -"I just ran out of outfits. I love the show and can't wait to watch season two but I had to quit because I ran out of outfits. I had completely and utterly exhausted my wardrobe."

?!?! LOL Whatever it takes to make you feel ok about it, Andrea.
    Moontat likes this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)

Andrea and Lydia are pretty terrible. I was firmly on Gina's side until I saw the reunion; she looked like a loon. Jackie gets on my nerves. Janet is fun and Chyka is okay and I like her and her husband together. Can the US trade Vicki for one of them? That would be hilarious.
    alizarules and AmyKay like this.

Season 2 has begun in Australia already, but it starts for us Thurs March 5th at 9!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Season 2 has begun in Australia already, but it starts for us Thurs March 5th at 9!
    Ugh! LOL The 1st thing I thought when I saw this thread for 'The Real Housewives of Melbourne' was, "Oh jeez, I hope they're NOT back!!!!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Ugh! LOL The 1st thing I thought when I saw this thread for 'The Real Housewives of Melbourne' was, "Oh jeez, I hope they're NOT back!!!!"
    This post made me laugh hysterically! Sorry - they're baaaaaaaaaaaack! Well thankfully Andrea & her lists won't be gracing our t.v. screens this season. Let's see what we have to look forward to though: Lydia & her vocabulary of adjectives. Gina & getting her makeup all over every surface of Melbourne. Jackie - don't forget her husband is a rock star! Janet & Chyka - I like them both, esp Chyka - she tries to keep the peace.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

HighRoadGirl welcome!!

I cant tell you how many times I have randomly said "Shine, Shine, Shine" since last season!
    alizarules and Moontat like this.

+ Reply to Thread