+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Melbourne

Re: The Real Housewives of Melbourne

I really like this show. Although their deep voices took me off guard!
    AmyKay likes this.
    Heres to joy and happiness. Step by step I'm getting there...
    http://joyfullivingpafterchildabuse.blogspot.com/

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Actually, I got hooked on this show. Except for the obligatory "I'm so offended you said that" argument to create a rivalry that will last all season, the women are interesting. I love the Barbie barrister with the drag queen voice, but I really love the psychic married to the Jack White (not Johnny Depp) lookalike from Silverchair. These women are a good 10 years older than the average housewives in America, and they don't seem to have the same desperate need for attention or conflict. In short, they were RHONY before it went bad.
    I'm liking this RH franchise a lot more than I thought I would. I had previously watched a few episodes of RH Vancouver, and those women were VICIOUS! Sort of a combination of the WORST of all the RH franchises.

RHMelbourne seems to me to be a combination of RHNY, RHDC, and RHBH. All very bright, upscale women, who seem to be more than just wealthy "entitled" wives --- most have upscale careers, with the possible exception of Jackie, whose psychic abilitity is not exactly a "career." By the way, I think her husband looks a lot like the late Sonny Bono, and physically, the two of them together remind me of Sonny and Cher.

I'm not totally 'hooked' yet, but I'm looking forward to the future episodes.

I tried to watch this show today. I think I only watched about 15 minutes of it. I don't think it's for me. I like the concept, but the ladies didn't appeal to me.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

I caught this on Demand late one night and watched the first 3 episodes. I liked them all pretty well except for Jackie. She seems to be an exhausting to be around type person; that you must always agree with and pat on the head and tell her how wonderful she is at all moments of the day. Maybe I'll watch again late one night when I can not sleep!

I saw a few episodes and I am hooked. The women are ridiculous yet kind of amazing. It brings me back to the days before the american franchise went bad. I will watch the season. The only thing is they all look like drag queens, especially Gina. Jackie the psychic is a fruitcake. Does she even know who Johnny Depp is? I agree with him being a Jack White lookalike. Lydia has an odd relationship with her adult step son to say the least. Modeling a see-through negligee is not something I would think to do for a step son.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 09-01-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornet7 View Post
    I really like this show. Although their deep voices took me off guard!
    That's the way American women used to talk before sexy baby vocal virus infected everybody. I miss those days.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." — George Orwell

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    That's the way American women used to talk before sexy baby vocal virus infected everybody. I miss those days.
    So true Candor. One reason that I love watching classic films is because I find it refreshing to see adults who took pride in presenting themselves as erudite and sophisticated grown-ups.
    No phony, high-pitched, baby-voiced woman will ever sound as sexy as Lauren Bacall did, IMO.
    alizarules and Moontat like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

I still have not watched this. On the commercials, they do look rather odd (big artificial hair).
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

To me, the women look like caricatures. Very drag queen.

This is my favorite of the RHO franchise...So far the women seem to be authentic and interesting, we will see how long until they turn into fame hounds..
    hornet7 likes this.
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

+ Reply to Thread