+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Ladies of London (Bravo)

Ladies of London (Bravo)

Is anyone intending to watch this new show on Bravo? I've seen the previews and can't tell if I want to watch it or not. I probably will check it out, since London is one of my favorite cities. Plus, I'm an anglophile. lol

It's called a docu-series about 5 ladies in London. I think one is a transplant from the USA. I suspect we may see Lisa Vanderpump one day as a guest.

It premiers June 2 at 10:00 p.m.

Ladies of London | Bravo TV Official Site
    momrek06 likes this.

Re: Ladies of London (Bravo)

I'll probably check it out, but I refuse to call this show anything other than The Real Housewives of London, or RHOL.
    Punkin likes this.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I'm wondering if they didn't call them housewives, because they aren't married. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm wondering if they didn't call them housewives, because they aren't married. ???
    I would watch it, but I cant find it here
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Of the 7 cast members on Bravo's site, 5 are Americans. Five are also married, one engaged to a married dude. It is totally Real Housewives of London. I watched the 30 minute preview and that Annabelle cracked me up. She was allegedly McQueen's muse and "ever...so...fragile". For that 30 minute preview I thought she was doing a dead on impersonation of the 'bone bird' Phoebe from 30 Rock, played by Emily Mortimer. (EG, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyb-oKmE2Ic)
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.

I remember sometime when Miami was airing, Andy said there will be no more extensions of the Real Housewives franchise, but if you really look at all of Bravo programming, it is just emulating it. At least they were masking it with the Married to Medicine or they already have an RHONY so it can't be RHONY 2 so it's Blood Sweat and Heels, but this really is just a straight rip off with no excuses and just not wanting to probably pay the RHOC creators anymore for the theme.

My hopes of this show are to bring back that sort of British humor back to Bravo. I love that.
    Punkin likes this.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Well, I'm disappointed the show has so many Americans. We have enough Americans. I wanted to see some Brits. Oh, I know. Brits have the reputation of not having a very good sense of humor. I'm not so sure about that, but that's their rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Well, I'm disappointed the show has so many Americans. We have enough Americans. I wanted to see some Brits. Oh, I know. Brits have the reputation of not having a very good sense of humor. I'm not so sure about that, but that's their rep.
    You are kidding right? I think British humor is the best, and not because I am British. I find American humor mostly really stupid, OTOH British humor (for me) is brilliant. I miss it
    Monty Python, Ab Fab, Fawlty Towers, nothing beats them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh I have seen the commercials and I will tune in for sure!!!
    KAREN

I'll check it out.

ESPECIALLY since I plan to check OUT of RHONJ and will NOT give the Manzos a look-see.

Brit humor?

LOVE it!

Always HAVE!

It's a TOTALLY different animal from US humor. VERY dry. BUT, if you listen carefully, you WILL get it.

AND --- dare I say it? --- APPRECIATE and ENJOY it!

The Britcoms on our local PBS station on Saturday nights are some of my all-time fave shows, and have been, for YEARS.

Sure, I'll give it a go!

Thanks for the heads-up, Debb!
    momrek06 and Coco46 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast