+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Ladies of London (Bravo)

Re: Ladies of London (Bravo)

Juliet is the worst kind of American in a foreign country. I am embarrassed to watch her.
    Punkin, Bebecat and Fo'Realz? like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I actually didn't hate everything Juliet wore in this last episode- I liked the blue and white dress when she was making Marissa cry at breakfast, lol. She managed to wear something hideous before the episode ended however- hated the yellow bow dress. I LOVE marissa's clothing; too bad her personality isn't equally as fab. Caprice is super rude and tacky; even in the States it's really bad manners to ask someone to throw you a baby shower and then whine when the person you asked decides to throw it at their beautiful home instead of a restaurant so you can get more press, so you cancel it and ask someone else in your group of friends to throw you another shower. Why does she even need a shower? I"m sure she can more than afford everything for both babies! What a loon!

Juliet is the worst even when she's in America, I'm sure! She seems socially dumb- I'm sure American society is different from British society in many ways; but there are just basic manners that everyone should have. She's the kind of person who hides behind, "I"m so truthful and honest!" and expects pats on the back for it so they can just blurt out whatever they want when really they are just a jerk and no body likes them. Anyone past age 13 should have learned how to act in public or have some inkling about it. I'm sure her tiny English proper daughter is horrified by Juliet everyday.
    Last edited by mina; 07-08-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Punkin, candor, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Juliet would be a nightmare anywhere.
    She seems to be the sort of person who thinks that THEIR "truth" is sooooo important that everyone needs to hear it.
    News Flash, Juliet - YOUR truth is not the same thing as THE truth, it is actually just your opinion - and based on what I've seen, the world would be a better place if you kept some of your stoooooopid thoughts to yourself.

ZIP it, twit!
    mina, Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Fo'Realz? View Post
    Juliet would be a nightmare anywhere.
    She seems to be the sort of person who thinks that THEIR "truth" is sooooo important that everyone needs to hear it.
    News Flash, Juliet - YOUR truth is not the same thing as THE truth, it is actually just your opinion - and based on what I've seen, the world would be a better place if you kept some of your stoooooopid thoughts to yourself. ZIP it, twit!
    Totally agree, Fo'Realz, and furthermore, telling "your truth" is just an excuse to try to get away with being cruel, insensitive and/or mean. So many people use that excuse --- or they say "That's just who I am!" No, sorry, it's NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!
    Punkin and Fo'Realz? like this.

FORT Fan

Did I hear wrong, lol, or did Annabelle say that she and Carolyn etc. need to act in a different way because they have royal friends?

Caprice is full of s*^%.
    Last edited by Bebecat; 07-15-2014 at 02:05 AM.
    Moontat and Fo'Realz? like this.

Did anyone catch the whole-- "and you guys are my minions" comment by Caroline? Even if it was meant in fun-- that would have gotten my attention right away if I were sitting there.

Not to mention that the "Americans are savages" theme by Caroline is kind of off-putting. She does seem so personable and obviously beyond well-connected--I'm sure she would be an interesting person to hang out with, through whom get to know the hotspots of the high and mighty. But let's face it, her business is basically ultra high-end, glamorous tschotskes-- this is not a business that sounds tremendously mentally challenging. Of course running any successful business takes a lot of know-how ane commitment. Meanwhile Juliet's silly "being honest is the most polite thing you can do" and her even more silly belief that she taught the etiquette lady something-- show how far into her own head she's living. I keep wanting to tell her to grow up-- but then I doubt she ever will.

None of which makes them less likeable-- they all seem, with maybe the exception of Caprice-- to be lovely, charming, and extremely well-heeled specimens of the rich ex-patriot in the UK-- and their UK sponsors in high society-- and it's refreshing to see a world where charm is valued over trash-talking and vulgarity.

I am really appalled at the table manners of these and housewives ladies. That what happens when you take Home Economics out of the curriculum of high schools. We can have careers and good etiquette ,manners.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.

FORT Fan

None of these women are likable to me...Marisa is the least terrible but she is such a wanna-be Brit, she comes off as pathetic, Imo. Juliet is awful. Caprice is awful. Caroline is pretty awful. Annabelle is such a cliched snob.

FORT Fogey

I get how these women can rub the wrong way, but I actually really like them - all of them.

At first I didn't care for Anabelle, but after the accident she was much more humble and like-able.

I have an ex sister-in-law who is just like Caprice. How they look, talk, walk, dress, and expect are the very same. I found it hard to separate some of it from the real person. I think the real person is likeable whereas the exterior not so much. I feel the same for Caprice. Her forced exterior is not something I care for, but she seems to be a decent person under it all.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-15-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    hornet7 likes this.

Interested to see what happens next week. I can see both Caroline and Caprice's side.

Caroline--It was rude for Caprice to remove the party. Caprice should have just left it alone. But the party is to honor the mom and celebrate the young one. And having two new babies, big big super BIG deal. So Caroline could just ignore Caprice's rudeness. I hope she is not throwing her out of her extravagant dinner party. That would have a long lasting negative impact between the two.

Caprice--like everyone else could learn patience, timing and niceness.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast