+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Married to Medicine

FORT Regular

Married to Medicine

Anyone catch this? Hilarious and terribly sad at the same time.

Re: Married to Medicine

I watched it. Don't know if I'll watch again. My ex was a doctor and the wives I knew acted nothing like these ladies.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by sparklete View Post
    I watched it. Don't know if I'll watch again. My ex was a doctor and the wives I knew acted nothing like these ladies.
    Sparklete, you took the words right out of my mouth! My ex was a doctor too, and the wives I knew didn't act anything like these ladies either. And by the way, we lived right in the heart of "money-land" (in the Beverly Hills/Brentwood area of Los Angeles where RHofBH is filmed) -- and the doctors' wives STILL didn't act like that or LIVE like that. Yes, we all had pretty nice houses (but not the over-sized McMansions you see on Married To Medicine), and we were all pretty much just the usual, every day folks.

And by the way, on the show, I was very surprised to see doctors' wives hanging out so frequently with female doctors. That just seemed very off to me, because in all the years I was a doctor's wife, I don't think I ever saw female doctors socializing in that way with doctors' wives. Even at 'couples' social events, the female doctors might have spent a few obligatory moments chatting with the doctors' wives, but most of the time they hung out with the other MDs. Of course, it might make a difference that my marriage to the MD ended quite a few years ago, and there are a lot more female doctors now than there used to be, but still, it seemed very strange to me to see the wives and the female doctors hanging out together.

In any event, I probably won't be getting hooked on Married To Medicine. I enjoy most of the RH housewives shows (except I don't care for RH of Atlanta) --- but so far, Married To Medicine feels too much like a cross between Atlanta and the VH1 Basketball Wives and those types of shows. Can't quite put my finger on it. Might give it one more episode --- but it's already making me a little uncomfortable.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

This show is ridiculous! I grew up around a medical community in a medium size southern city, and even worked in a surgeon's office once, and never did I see doctor's wives acting like these delusional women. Please! They put on their pants just like we do every day. I usually love these shows, but I think I'll sit this one out. It will probably do well though, considering like Imperfect1 said, it's a mix of Atlanta RH and Basketball Wives. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Atlanta RH is the highest rated of the franchise.
    Punkin likes this.

"Every dog has its day,but it Ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun"
    After hearing Quad utter this I was done,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    "Every dog has its day,but it Ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun"
    After hearing Quad utter this I was done,lol
    OMG, it's a good thing! You really wouldn't have wanted to hear her on WWHL tonight. Ugh. The woman is disgusting. I guess she has her own made-up vocabulary or something as well.

She really comes across terribly, as arrogant and egotistical as they come.

I caught only the tail end of it. I would watch it again to figure out what is going on there. (I cannot help myself. ) I am not quite sure.

I do not know many doctor's wives. The one that I do know (an ex one) is the most enterprising woman I know, has had two successful businesses, a degree in nursing, a degree in accounting, a successful knit shop, owns dogs and birds like me, vegan like me. She loves people.

I suppose they are like any one else, some nice and some not nice. Reality tv picked the drama queens.
    You can do it!

Buncha' idiots, if you ask me.

I watched 15 minutes of it and that's all I'll ever watch again.
    They remind me of RHofA too much and I quit watching that because of the way these women act. They look and act ridiculous.
    The phrase: You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" comes to mind regarding these women.
    Punkin, Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.

FORT Newbie

I could only stomach about 10 minutes of this show.

Haven't watched it again. It reminded me too much of Atlanta housewives and I think I'm over all of these housewives shows.
    I did see Quad on WWHL and I thought she was kind of funny. Didn't take her too seriously. She seemed like more of a caricature, probably trying to brand herself and possibly stand out as the star of the show and get her own spin-off maybe.

IDK.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast