+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Married to Medicine

Re: Married to Medicine

This is the phoniest premise I've ever heard of. I work around doctors too, and have never noticed that there's a "doctor's wives" subculture. Unlike rock wives, or basketball wives, this show is trying to force a reality that simply doesn't exist.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Imperfect1 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I am friends with a doctor's wife. She's so far from acting like that. Granted, she has a lot of stuff and leads somewhat of a pampered life because they don't have kids and she's a housewife. But she doesn't throw it in anyone's face and she's never acted anything close to how these ladies act.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I'd remembered hearing about this before it came on, and thought I'd check it out.

Forgot when it was coming on, and missed it.

After stumbling in here today and reading the comments, I didn't miss anything, am NOT missing anything, and will definitely NOT be wasting my time to check it out.

THANKS FOR HAVING ALL OUR BACKS, GUYS!!!!!!!!!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I'd remembered hearing about this before it came on, and thought I'd check it out. Forgot when it was coming on, and missed it. After stumbling in here today and reading the comments, I didn't miss anything, am NOT missing anything, and will definitely NOT be wasting my time to check it out. THANKS FOR HAVING ALL OUR BACKS, GUYS!!!!!!!!!
    Although, on the other hand, ness, IF you like RH of Atlanta and the Basketball Wives type shows, you might actually get a kick out of Married to Medicine. Just saying. . .

One more thing on the phony premise. I was at a meeting this week that studied physician demographics in our area -- more than half the doctors surveyed were married to other health care professionals. Obviously you don't apply science to reality TV, but there has to be some semblance of truth for a "reality" show that have any merit. I do believe that Honey Boo Boo lives like that. I buy completely the botoxed Beverly Hills women. I don't believe the women on this show represent anything close to reality.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I watched this show for fun and just to see how low Bravo would stoop. It didn't disappoint at all, a new low for Bravo. I've been married to a surgeon for many years. The "sub-culture" I belong to is the Medical Society Auxillary. We do fundrasing for different groups in our city. I'm also a professional and can't for the life of me figure out why these women define themselevs through their husband's profession. My daugher and I almost cracked some ribs laughing a these gals. I can't remember the F-word, ever rolling of the tongue of one of my peers in public. (In private conversation, sure). The trash talking, neck rolling and shuck and jive these women were doing was like an SNL skit. We live a middle class lifestyle and love to do everyday things with our family. If I were the Atlanta Tourism Board, I'd ride Bravo out of town on a rail! Between this show, RHWOA, Kandi Factory, Tardy for the Party- and Big, Rich Atlanta, Bravo is making Atlanta look horrible. However, it's wickedly funny watching these women try and act the part.

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious to Bravo fans when I say, this is all purely fiction. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear!
    JORY'sMom and Punkin like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I don't disagree elleprn, I just hate to see 'Bravo' getting blamed for everything that's wrong with reality tv, and by the way, Big Rich Atlanta is on the Style Network, not Bravo. I think that TLC and VH1 are FAR FAR WORSE than Bravo. And even the Style Network and MTV have some VERY RAUNCHY reality shows - and several other networks like Oxygen, WE, CW, and even Lifetime as well. Not to mention the Jerry Springer-type exploitation shows that are all over some of the other networks! I think that tv, in general, has sunk to a new low cause the general public is eating this stuff up! And I don't mind having SOME of this stuff on tv, I just would like to see more high quality programming offered to us, as well. And even 'network tv' has it's share of hate mongering these days. For example, I cringe when I watch shows like Celebrity Apprentice. Ugh, I hate to get started on "what's wrong with tv" because I know that there is also a lot of other types of programming available on all of these gazillion channels we are offered, and much of it is very high quality and pretty terrific.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 04-13-2013 at 07:07 AM.
    Punkin and mayamaisha like this.

It's so disgusting, it's sad. I hate that these women play into the networks desire to feed the public this kind of crap. It's demeaning as hell to women. I can't believe that fight really took place on the show last night. It made me so uncomfortable to watch it. I felt dirty and ashamed.
    Prism likes this.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I just did a drive by on this show. Since when did women start wearing clown makeup?
    Kocky_Kamikaze, Prism and elleprn like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Regular

Mariah's blue and yellow eye shadow is gross.
    mayamaisha, Prism and elleprn like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast