+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Vanderpump Rules

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Vanderpump Rules

For info on the show, go to Vanderpump Rules | Bravo TV Official Site

Want to gripe about Stassi's pretentious name or big mouth? Or Scheana's weirdly spelled name and odd eyeliner? Or the lack of Lisa or a managerial figure? Or how all the guys look oddly alike? Talk about it here!

I kinda/sorta got through the first episode, which disappointed me. I wanted more Lisa and Ken involvement, not so much a The Hills copy. But eh, what else am I gonna watch on a Monday night? HIMYM reruns? (Okay, I tots will be watching HIMYM reruns if this show goes skidding into the wall.)

Re: Vanderpump Rules

I lasted maybe 5 minutes with this show....like seriously...really...twirl my hair....seriously. NOPE!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

What did you all think of those paper thin uniforms for the girls? Ugh! They were very short and appeared to be held together with one button in back! Yikes!

They all seem mean. Mean personalities and mean to each other and mean to the newbies!

Is this what Lisa really wants in a staff? Is this the way Lisa wants to run her upscale BH restaurant?

I thought VR was going to show us how a BH restaurant is run; not a pile of catty wanna be actresses and actors talking crap about each other. Ugh.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    What did you all think of those paper thin uniforms for the girls? Ugh! They were very short and appeared to be held together with one button in back! Yikes!

They all seem mean. Mean personalities and mean to each other and mean to the newbies!

Is this what Lisa really wants in a staff? Is this the way Lisa wants to run her upscale BH restaurant?

I thought VR was going to show us how a BH restaurant is run; not a pile of catty wanna be actresses and actors talking crap about each other. Ugh.
    I'm surprised that this is what Lisa wants her show to be....probably didn't but TPTB wanted this and she sold out for the $, exposure, etc.
    The girls are a bunch of extremely immature mean and catty little girls. I have trouble telling them apart...especially wearing the same clothes. What was up with that one "uniform" of a handkerchief?
    Also why do Scheana's false eyelashes look so strange? You can almost count each an every lash...looks odd.
    They all seem to agree that they are all beautiful and so are their boyfriends.......I will say they are all goodlooking but are these the kids who got trophies for just showing up?
    Must be with the superduper self esteem they all seem to have.

IMO you are not goodlooking if your core is ugly.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well, I hate to say it, but I ate at Villa Blanca about 1 and 1/2 years ago. I believe I posted about the service then. It was totally lacking and totally wannabee actors / actresses!!

The guy who spent so much time on his hair - he seemed kind of creepy.
    I think, overall, they all thought they were better looking than they actually were.
    I did, however, find Stassi (where the*%%##@ do they get these names anyway?!) more endearing than Scheana. That scene with Brandi showed how cruel she was. Stassi, at least, seemed to draw the line at such behavior.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I guess I do think less of Lisa after watching Vanderpump rules. If I had a restaurant I would be emphasizing customer service and food.

I think I looked at the menu on-line. And prices did seem average affordable for just about any place. So that would be the only attracting thing.

I thinkthis show is as watchable as the other new shows they have with 20 somethings trying to find their way. But I could do without it. It is not as good as any of the housewife shows.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-10-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    You can do it!

Lisa Vanderpump seems like a pretty pink ladylike uptight perfectionist, with her fluffy pink and white signature colors, her beautiful couture clothing, dressed up little doggie, perfect home....

And then we see the ugly backstory of her restaurant. Ugh! The female employees could be attractive if they weren't so OTT; and all they think about is getting high, getting laid, getting one another in trouble. The men seem like bunch of dirty little creeps. For all we know they've been feeling each other up in the back room in between delivering drinks and food to tables. Probably the men are masturbating and not washing their hands, then bringing out food for customers. These are really dirty looking people. Disgustingly ugly.

I don't think so much of Vanderpump now. Restaurants do not have to be run this way!
    Lizard likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

one of those ladies said she did not wear undies under her scarf dress. Just nasty and I have been to Villa Blanca before too.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Lisa Vanderpump seems like a pretty pink ladylike uptight perfectionist, with her fluffy pink and white signature colors, her beautiful couture clothing, dressed up little doggie, perfect home....

And then we see the ugly backstory of her restaurant. Ugh! The female employees could be attractive if they weren't so OTT; and all they think about is getting high, getting laid, getting one another in trouble. The men seem like bunch of dirty little creeps. For all we know they've been feeling each other up in the back room in between delivering drinks and food to tables. Probably the men are masturbating and not washing their hands, then bringing out food for customers. These are really dirty looking people. Disgustingly ugly.

I don't think so much of Vanderpump now. Restaurants do not have to be run this way!
    Does Lisa really think we (people) are all going to flock to SUR when we know in reality everyone working there are just all nasty.

I have no idea how or why Lisa and Ken think having their show viewed this way is going to bring in tons of business.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast