+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Vanderpump Rules

Re: Vanderpump Rules

I think 49% owner Guillermo Zapata must be very upset with sex in the bathroom and all the anti-service servers running around. Do they have a team of "A" game servers working to compensate for the wannabes? Can people request to not have their food served by these people? It looks like the druggy and Frank were itching to be part of the tv show,,,,a bunch of grossies. Poor Guillermo. Maybe he should ask for the plug to be pulled from the show, out of respect for his at risk "life".
    MsDiva2007 and Debb70 like this.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I think 49% owner Guillermo Zapata must be very upset with sex in the bathroom and all the anti-service servers running around. Do they have a team of "A" game servers working to compensate for the wannabes? Can people request to not have their food served by these people? It looks like the druggy and Frank were itching to be part of the tv show,,,,a bunch of grossies. Poor Guillermo. Maybe he should ask for the plug to be pulled from the show, out of respect for his at risk "life".
    Guilermo loves this! Publicity and buzz is every restaurant owner's dream. They are not trying for a Michelin star, this is Hollywood! They want crowds to be lined up at the door to catch some action and see those they watch on TV. I have a hunch Sur was failing and this is a calculated resuscitation effort. Stand back, paddles on!

Their food is getting excellent reviews. If I were to visit out there I would go to Sur in a heartbeat.

If the object of this show is to paint Lisa in a bad light, its working.
    Really? I think just the opposite. Can you say more about your take on this, MsDiva?

FORT Fogey

Does anyone remember when the show The Restaurant came out, and destroyed Rocco DiSpirito's restaurant career? I think that this show succeeds at doing what that show wanted to do, but failed miserably. There are all kinds of crazy behind the scenes things that happen in restaurants, and this show depicts them. In addition to that, it gets all of the people who travel to LA for vacation hoping to see places they see in magazines and on TV to go to Sur for a meal. It has to be drumming up extra business for the restaurant just for the people who go hoping to see some of the people from the show. For the people saying they don't want gross people who behave badly handling their food -- dine at home. Whether it's shown on TV or not, I promise you that there are gross disgusting people behaving badly handling your food at any restaurant.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Does anyone remember when the show The Restaurant came out, and destroyed Rocco DiSpirito's restaurant career? I think that this show succeeds at doing what that show wanted to do, but failed miserably. There are all kinds of crazy behind the scenes things that happen in restaurants, and this show depicts them. In addition to that, it gets all of the people who travel to LA for vacation hoping to see places they see in magazines and on TV to go to Sur for a meal. It has to be drumming up extra business for the restaurant just for the people who go hoping to see some of the people from the show. For the people saying they don't want gross people who behave badly handling their food -- dine at home. Whether it's shown on TV or not, I promise you that there are gross disgusting people behaving badly handling your food at any restaurant.
    I think there are plenty of places to dine in LA besides Sur. (There is always an element of trust and the unknown with food handlers.) I think a little discretion is a good thing when it comes to things like that.

And if Lisa is successful in getting Sur packed with tourists, then good for her. I'm sure they will love the class A people she employs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Guilermo loves this! Publicity and buzz is every restaurant owner's dream. They are not trying for a Michelin star, this is Hollywood! They want crowds to be lined up at the door to catch some action and see those they watch on TV. I have a hunch Sur was failing and this is a calculated resuscitation effort. Stand back, paddles on!

Their food is getting excellent reviews. If I were to visit out there I would go to Sur in a heartbeat.

Really? I think just the opposite. Can you say more about your take on this, MsDiva?
    The fact that she has suspect hiring and firing practices. The women basically said she can't fire Stassi because she is Pandora's friend. I am sorry but that means Stassi has an advantage over the other staff because of that. The way that she allows her staff to behave in front of guest and her seemingly lack of business acumen when it comes to the running of her business. I find her staff reprehensible and this makes me question her and give her the side eye. I once hired a friend to work for me and I can tell you she was a slacker. I was not about to let her infest the rest of my staff. I fired her with no qualms about it. If Stassi is a true family friend she would understand that Lisa needs to do what is best for her business. I am still friends with the person I fired today.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Well, at least Lisa fired Frank. Finally, one of the least desirable of the staff is gone! Now if she would fire Stassi, she might actually have a fairly decent staff. But of course, that's not going to happen because without Stassi's drama, there wouldn't be much of a storyline. Having said all that, the show is growing on me. Go figure. . .
    alizarules likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The fact that she has suspect hiring and firing practices. The women basically said she can't fire Stassi because she is Pandora's friend. I am sorry but that means Stassi has an advantage over the other staff because of that. The way that she allows her staff to behave in front of guest and her seemingly lack of business acumen when it comes to the running of her business. I find her staff reprehensible and this makes me question her and give her the side eye. I once hired a friend to work for me and I can tell you she was a slacker. I was not about to let her infest the rest of my staff. I fired her with no qualms about it. If Stassi is a true family friend she would understand that Lisa needs to do what is best for her business. I am still friends with the person I fired today.
    I think they film on days the restaurant is closed or in the morning. The costumers we see, if we ever do, are from central casting. All extras. Lisa would not put up with this under normal circumstances; I just don't believe it. It is a plan to create buzz for a failing restaurant. Notice that we don't see them working a full night. The scenes are before customers arrive or outside the restaurant.

I sort of agree with the above to a certain extent. I noticed that when she had her staff meeting there were about 10 people there. I am pretty sure there are way more staff than that involved in running Sur. And there are very few scenes where they are actually at Sur when there are customers there.

Probably liability, releases and a lot of problems involved
    You can do it!

I listened to a podcast that Stassi was a guest on, she said there are at least 40 people that work at Sur, so that couldn't have been an "all staff" meeting.

She mentioned that before filming started, the production team came in and interviewed everyone multiple times before deciding who to narrow down to and feature on the show.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread