+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Vanderpump Rules

FORT Fogey

Re: Vanderpump Rules

I agree with you about Lisa Dragonlady. Real Housewives gave the impression that she was a hard working successful business woman. This show gives the impression that she's got managers who we never see who work their tails off to make the restaurants a success, and she flutters in for a few hours each day, sits around and gossips with the staff, stirs up trouble, and then goes off to be a socialite. For the rest of the show, the more I watch, the more I'm convinced that this is more scripted drama like The Hills than it is reality.

FORT Fanatic

With a restaurant as large as Sur, I am sure there are many more employees than the 6 we see. Those six conspicuously are all models/actors/musicians. I would assume that there are at least 20 other more functional employees who really do the bulk of the work. The six we see are there for the "show drama".

Thanks for the updates on the storylines. I think it's scripted like The Hills. I did watch that show, but think I have outgrown it. lol I can't see me getting into this one. Sorry Lisa, but Vanderpump doesn't rule.
    Coco46 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    With a restaurant as large as Sur, I am sure there are many more employees than the 6 we see. Those six conspicuously are all models/actors/musicians. I would assume that there are at least 20 other more functional employees who really do the bulk of the work. The six we see are there for the "show drama".

I thought they said they had something like 70 employees!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And no offense Lisa, but I'm not sure I would want these people being near where my food is handled. lol
    prhoshay, Jexter, Lizard and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    And no offense Lisa, but I'm not sure I would want these people being near where my food is handled. lol
    I know! I think it was the first episode (or perhaps it was one the the Real Housewives episodes) where she brought her dog Jiggy into the restaraunt. That really grossed me out. I kept thinking of the dog's skin disease and of skin flakes flying in the food. I had thought I might like to go there as an item on my bucket list, but now I am not so sure.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I know! I think it was the first episode (or perhaps it was one the the Real Housewives episodes) where she brought her dog Jiggy into the restaraunt. That really grossed me out. I kept thinking of the dog's skin disease and of skin flakes flying in the food. I had thought I might like to go there as an item on my bucket list, but now I am not so sure.
    The dog is an issue too, but I was referring to the people that Lisa employs as being too icky to be around food preparation! LOL Too funny! Jiggy may be cleaner than they are!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I swear, these "pocket-rats" being hauled into everywhere is getting disgusting and unacceptable, FOR ME!

Why do people think that this should be OK with everybody, and get annoyed if it's not???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dogs are accessories In Hollywood. You simply must have the latest little doggie or you are nobody,smh
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The dog is an issue too, but I was referring to the people that Lisa employs as being too icky to be around food preparation! LOL Too funny! Jiggy may be cleaner than they are!
    I agree on all counts - a dog with flaky skin disease in a restaurant, yuk. But the employees seem even more filthy, if that's possible. Most of them seem skanky, skeevy, greasy, and unwashed. I'm pretty sure they don't have clean hands, more yuk.

Accessory dogs - I think they are abused. It looks pretty certain that they're not well cared for in the normal sense. Dogs need regular nutritious dog food meals, access to water, absence of doggie clothing that overheats their bodies, exercise, and comfortable places to rest. They don't need to be hauled around city streets, stores, or trapped in saggy handbags for hours on end. Those tiny dogs suffer miserably, and I think it's abusive.
    Coco46 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread