+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Vanderpump Rules

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Vanderpump Rules

I am very disappointed in Lisa (and Ken). For a couple who claim to have had 26 restaurants, I can't believe that they have been putting up with all of this 'couple' drama going on in their restaurant, and especially all the fightling that goes on during working hours. If this were ONLY a reality tv show I could accept that the staff's in-fighting was all for the tv show drama, but this is a REAL business, and the constant bickering has apparently been going on this way for a long time. I kept noticing the looks of disgust on the face of the customers that the camera occasionally flashed to, and couldn't help wondering if this was annoying them enough to not to want to come back to Sur anymore. Of course, now that Sur is the 'star' of a tv show, that will most likely out-weigh the annoyance factor --- but for me, it would be the last time I'd eat there.

And as for Stassi, I don't think Lisa is doing her any favors by keeping her on staff in spite of her horrible behavior. Whether Stassi is a good friend of Pandora's or not, Stassi would be much better off if she was forced to learn that acting in a professional and responsible manner is much better for her own personal growth, than depending on favors and loyalties to hold on to a job in which she behaves obnoxiously and unprofessionally. By the way, I also have to wonder how/why Pandora, Lisa + Ken like someone as obnoxious as Stassi, so much. This show should be re-titled 'Stassi Rules' -- not 'Vanderpump Rules' -- cause they don't seem to 'rule' anything.
    prhoshay likes this.

personally I would be worried if my daughter was friends with Stassi about what that says about Pandora. I wonder if they can't get in some legal problems if they won't fire her because of the friendship? Especially if others have been fired for doing the same things.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I am very disappointed in Lisa (and Ken). For a couple who claim to have had 26 restaurants, I can't believe that they have been putting up with all of this 'couple' drama going on in their restaurant, and especially all the fightling that goes on during working hours. If this were ONLY a reality tv show I could accept that the staff's in-fighting was all for the tv show drama, but this is a REAL business, and the constant bickering has apparently been going on this way for a long time. I kept noticing the looks of disgust on the face of the customers that the camera occasionally flashed to, and couldn't help wondering if this was annoying them enough to not to want to come back to Sur anymore. Of course, now that Sur is the 'star' of a tv show, that will most likely out-weigh the annoyance factor --- but for me, it would be the last time I'd eat there.

And as for Stassi, I don't think Lisa is doing her any favors by keeping her on staff in spite of her horrible behavior. Whether Stassi is a good friend of Pandora's or not, Stassi would be much better off if she was forced to learn that acting in a professional and responsible manner is much better for her own personal growth, than depending on favors and loyalties to hold on to a job in which she behaves obnoxiously and unprofessionally. By the way, I also have to wonder how/why Pandora, Lisa + Ken like someone as obnoxious as Stassi, so much. This show should be re-titled 'Stassi Rules' -- not 'Vanderpump Rules' -- cause they don't seem to 'rule' anything.

Remember whats-his-name? The guy that lived with Ken and Lisa for about a year or something then stabbed them in the back when they finally asked him to move? Then there's Lisa and her mismatched friendship (sponsorship?) of the lowly Brandi. Stassi looks like maybe the latest in a line of people Lisa sort of "adopts" for whatever reason. A pattern seems to be emerging here.
    prhoshay and Debb70 like this.

Thank you, everyone, for your opinions! Now I can feel secure in NOT watching VR (although I'm a fan of Lisa and Ken so far ).
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's turning into VanderYuck for me.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wasn't impressed at first, but then watched about half an hour of this show last night. It was rather odd. Is it for real? That's the thing with the reality show. You aren't sure what is real and what is staged. Did Stacci's boyfriend really cheat and get the girl pregnant? I'm haven't been following, so I'm not sure. Stacci sure did seem to be upset. Is she good enough at acting to pull of that kind of emotional turmoil? ????? In general, they aren't people I'm interested in. Perhaps I'm too old.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Stassi is about as dramatic as Jenelle, if that tells you anything! She's also waaaay off into long deep sighs, and "Poor me-ing" with regularity. I am surprised at how self-indulgent these people are.

VanderYuck is pretty disappointing in this show, too. She reminds me of a mother who is very concerned with being liked by her bratty, spoiled kids.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vander Yuck
    * Staci's good for nothing boyfriend got a girl pregnant two months before. She got an abortion.
    * The friend with the bob went nuts when she found out that her boyfriend was sleeping with another girl (his roommate) before they became a couple. There can be nothing that exists before her.
    * Staci breaks up with the guy
    * The friend (?) with the bob is trying to get them back together even though he knows that he cheated on her. What a good friend.

Some of the things she must be putting up for because of show purposes. Her daughter's friend was probably a childhood friend. I think she might straighten her act up.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-22-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    You can do it!

These people amaze me. It doesn't give me hope for that generation of new adults. Their lives seem to be so empty and devoid of purpose, so shallow.

The way they speak annoys me, and I notice that the girls look blank alot of the time, when they aren't actually trying to express a thought or two verbally. They are far too dramatic and get so upset over the tiniest thing! Was I that annoying when I was that age? scary!

Pretty boring stuff, and pretty disappointing. I thought the show was going to be more about Lisa and her restaurant, you know?
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I've only watched one and a half shows...I just can't watch anymore...the drama is great but they're all so young and stupid that it doesn't interest me.
    But it seems to be showing sides to Lisa that I"m not liking so much....it's disappointing only because in the beginning I only had admiration for her.
    But sometimes "Quirks" are cute but if they keep continuing it becomes something other than a quirk.
    I don't understand Lisa's behavior with younger people and sad stories. Like the guy that someone mentioned in a post already. Forgot his name but that whole situation bordered on weird.
    I though Lisa was perfect and now she's just human.

+ Reply to Thread