+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Vanderpump Rules

FORT Fogey

Re: Vanderpump Rules

I think the difference between Kristen and the rest of them is the drama that Kristen creates for Lisa. Stassi and Scheena will talk to Lisa about what is going on. Lisa will approach Tom and Jax to give her two cents in what they are doing, and to discuss what everyone else is doing with Peter. Kristen is the only one who sets ultimatums. She's the one who will refuse to work certain assignments because of the people around, will try to tell Lisa how to staff, etc. They others create drama while they are working. Kristen creates drama in lieu of working.
    Punkin, norealityhere and Debb70 like this.

Thanks for the info on Kristen.

I suspect that Lisa is for some reason obsessed with Sur. I guess it's the fame and the young kids. It's making me dislike her though.

FORT Fogey

I think that she's playing a role for the show. Remember on Bethenny Ever AFter how they'd have the scenes where she went to talk to her therapist? Those scenes served the purpose of talking about what was going on, and give "audience" feedback in the voice of the therapist? I think that on VPR Lisa plays the same role. When the entire audience is thinking "Oh Jax, you are such a mess quit sleeping with every woman you meet" a scene is set up for Jax to talk to Lisa and her to tell him that. I would venture to guess that if a customer at Sur were to pick random members of the wait staff who are not on the show and ask Lisa the details of that person's personal life, beyond some basic info such as "she's married" or "he has 2 kids" she would not know much becuse it's not relevant to running a business.

I am starting to wonder more and more how much of this is set up (a la the Hills), at least for some of the cast members. Jax was saying Tom and Kristin are a "glorified roommate" situation, maybe that has some truth to it. I just found everyone gathered around the table at the end very odd, and the way Lisa said "I am leaving, you all should as well" but NO ONE moved...

I listen to a podcast called "watch what crappens" which is pretty much about all the bravo shows. There was a special guest last ep that had been at a pre-Grammy party that some of the cast was at-
    Click to see Spoiler:
    She said that Tom and Kristen showed up/did red carpet together, but later in the evening she saw Tom and Ariana holding hands. She also said the main cast was all there EXCEPT Stassi (who I know recently was in NY, Im not sure if it was just for vacay or if she has moved there). I also know Jax is now splitting his time between LA and Vegas.

I tend to twitter/instagram stalk these people after the episode to see what they are up to now and to see what they say. I need help lol!!

(BTW, WWC podcast is very funny, but its not for everyone- fair warning if you go looking for it and are surprised by it)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

So far many of you have some deep rooted opinions for a show you seem to not like. I really enjoyed this season. It could have done with out the violent outbursts, but if anything they seem realistic. I think everyone takes Jax for what he is, a scum bag, he doesn't really imagine him self as something different in most cases. We have these glimmers and then it's like, oh yea, that's just Jax being Jax and he shrugs his shoulders and says "well, I did it again." Whereas Kristen really walks around claiming to be above it, smites down her boyfriend for a make out that was escalated by rumors and her own paranoia. Ultimately, that paranoia is because she inside knows what she was capable of. I found myself agreeing with Stassi and Tom Schwartz that it does not make sense how Tom was so focused on Jax part in it and not Kristen, but clearly Tom doesn't deal with his thoughts well.

I felt bad for Tom, even after he beat Jax down. The promo clip of the reunion shows him and Ariana, and it also explains the weird tension between him and Kristen on WWHL. In the end, if they pull the curtains back and admit that Pump Rules was The Hills 2.0, I would not be surprised, but having said that, I enjoy it in the meantime.
    AmyKay and norealityhere like this.

FORT Fan

I would not be surprised if Tom and Kristen really were just roommates. They are, after all, aspiring actors. They could be playing at boyfriend and girlfriend to keep them relevant and in the show. Perhaps Tom is really in a relationship with Ariana now and it has to be explained somehow on air? If he and Kristen have a dramatic blow up, it's a win win. They both get camera time and Tom gets to move on.

I actually like the show, because I view it for what it is (The Hills 2.0). I don't think for a minute think it's real, nor do I think most of those people are really friends. I think they are co-workers who want to be famous, even if only for 15 minutes. Some of them might be more friendly than others like Sheanna and Stassi because they are Pandora's friends. But I really doubt that they are all BFFs, just as we know that the majority of the Housewives really only see each other during filming.
    alizarules likes this.

There is no story if Tom is a bad guy I guess. So for convenience purposes, they seem to forget that Tom was cheating on his roommate.

And I guess Arianna is happy to get with Tom to create a story line for herself.

The wrap up is Jax admitting that he cheated again.....going to get old.
    alizarules likes this.
    You can do it!

Rumors abound that Stassi may leave the show.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

My, that would be lovely! But then, who would she rule over?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Rumors abound that Stassi may leave the show.
    and do what?!?!?!?!

gawd. Maybe she's holding out for more money. As distasteful as she is....which is, IMO, a lot...the would be far less dramatic.

+ Reply to Thread