+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Vanderpump Rules

Re: Vanderpump Rules

Well, I personally think they are all just dumbf*** weird, but I thought the whole reaction to Kristin from Stassi, was all season Kristen whined, complained, broke down, cried, whined some more about Tom and Ariana. Come to find out, it was a kiss.

But Kristin knew all along she slept with Jax twice...I just think Krisin is cray cray to the max, or a damn good actor.
    mayamaisha and Imperfect1 like this.

You could tell that stuff is scripted. Recall when Kristin and her boyfriend went to that video producer's house and they played a clip that showed her getting slapped in the face? Then later she's at the restaurant and she gets slapped in the face? It appeared to be a prelude, IMO. That's just too coincidental. lol

And didn't someone post upthread that Lisa would not come down on Stassi because she is friends with Lisa's daughter? This is very amusing. Wouldn't Pandora be humilated to be associated with Stassi? I would think Lisa would want that friendship and any connection between them squashed. I would think that Lisa might see being friends with Stassi as a major embarrassment for her daughter. It might even hamper Pandora and her husband's job prospects.

It's another one of the things that makes me question Lisa's judgment. When it comes to Sur and this show....I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-02-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's another one of the things that makes me question Lisa's judgment. When it comes to Sur and this show....I just don't get it.
    My thoughts about Lisa are the same now as they were day 1.

She's on the show because:
    1. She LOVES the fame (I think Lisa really enjoys the camera time and corresponding fame)
    2. Her restaurants needed a boost
    3. She has fun with it

I have also always thought that Lisa is:
    1. super smart
    2. quick-witted
    3. not tolerant of less sharp, and emotionally frail people
    4. a little untrustworthy

She's on a pretty clear path in life and if a person can't keep up, she'll just keep walking as he/she lags behind.

xxxxxxxx

Really great article about the show. Ratings are better than RHBH!

Why Vanderpump Rules Is Tastier Reality Trash Than Real Housewives | TIME.com
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-03-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks for the article Jexter. I guess I'm in the minority as I don't see much of any reason Vanderpump Rules would be on anyone's favorites list. Just five minutes on the screen and those people make me feel a little ill. The constant f bombs are just superfluous and everything on that show, IMO is low. Low intelligence, low integrity, low moral compass, etc. I guess it's just not my cup of tea....even if I used to like Lisa.

Your analysis of Lisa may be correct. It's difficult for me to understand how money is worth that kind of humilation. I guess you're right though. She must love the fame and/or the money and that's pretty much it. But now that she's put physical violence into her show......to me it's just way over the line, when it's portrayed as reality.

FORT Fogey

That's a great article - thanks for posting Jexter! There is a lot said there that I've seen to be true. I have a friend who is an avid Housewives fan, and adores Lisa. She's said the entire time Vanderpump Rules has been on the air that she hates the show, thinks the people are vapid and horrible, and she won't watch ... but she always seems to know what is happening on the show she won't watch. Two weeks ago she texted me in a panic because she was going to watch but her DVR didn't record it. Only took her a couple of moments to figure out the show was On Demand, and she was all set. That made her admit how much she loved hating the show. I think the truth is that in many ways, reality shows are successful because they give us compeling personalities we love to hate. The people we cheer for are nice, but the ones we enjoy hating are the ones that make us tune in week after week rather than just catching reruns when it's convenient. That's why a show like Pregnant in Heels that is all pepole to cheer for goes away after a couple of seasons. What they've brillantly done with the cast of Vanderpump Rules is to fill the show with a bunch of people that we love to hate. It's easy to see all the stupid and silly things everyone on the show does. Their pettiness and stupid decisions are what makes it so entertaining.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the article Jexter. I guess I'm in the minority as I don't see much of any reason Vanderpump Rules would be on anyone's favorites list. Just five minutes on the screen and those people make me feel a little ill. The constant f bombs are just superfluous and everything on that show, IMO is low. Low intelligence, low integrity, low moral compass, etc. I guess it's just not my cup of tea....even if I used to like Lisa.

Your analysis of Lisa may be correct. It's difficult for me to understand how money is worth that kind of humilation. I guess you're right though. She must love the fame and/or the money and that's pretty much it. But now that she's put physical violence into her show......to me it's just way over the line, when it's portrayed as reality.
    I get the allure of the show, but I agree with all this. I can't watch a full episode of VR straight through. It's too much for me. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't have the energy for it. (I usually work with the remote nearby and unmute during key scenes.).

I like to keep up with it though.

I think the desire for fame is not the most healthy thing in the world, but it is on the rise for young people. Kind of scary for what that might mean as the reach adulthood.

Social Media May Make Kids More Likely To Value Fame: Survey

I watch this show because it's got all the elements of great reality.
    The fact that so many of them so readily took off their clothes on this show, shows us how truly hungry for fame they are.
    I do have to say that when I have a lot of %*&$ going on in my life as I usually seem to, watching this nonsense just keeps me grounded!
    I do have to say that growing up in an age when you did not air your dirty laundry in public, I'm actually quite glad that I did.
    I could never imagine going on a reality show, but I am oh so happy that these folks can!!
    canuck, alizarules and AcookerTV like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have to say Jax is a just evil. I mean who does something so inherently mean and just doesn't give a care that people get hurt? Tom & Kristen deserve each other. I mean she cheats and he is more upset with the person not in a relationship with him. Kristen is a nutjob.
    AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I think the man who does something like Jax is the man who surrounds himself with a bunch of people who are also totally self-centered and self-serving, and who also don't care if people get hurt as long as they get what they want. Let's face it - there's not a generous, giving true friend in the bunch! And clearly Schenna doesn't have any true friends off the camera either, or else they'd tell her that she should NOT sing when cameras are around!
    norealityhere likes this.

It's funny the way they were all sitting around and staring at each other, just waiting for the blows to fall. lol However, I will say that it really looked like Jax took that blow right on the face. If it was a fake blow, it was pretty realistic.

Why can the boys do anything, but Kristin has to go...........so unfair.
    Click to see Spoiler:

I read that as of last week Kristin still works at Sur. Someone wrote that they saw her there working. I have no idea if it's true, but ......perhaps that will be revealed at the reunion show
    Punkin and Moontat like this.

+ Reply to Thread