+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Vanderpump Rules

Re: Vanderpump Rules

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    how old are most of these kids? I was a wild child but I grew out of that by age 25. Those that don't have real housewives tendencies,lol

did you say 25??? uh oh! surely you jest! i hope so, anyway. if anybody catches me with bleached blonde extensions and a putty-esque nose, swilling wine in the morning while walking around shopping in 6" heels in BH, please call Bravo immediately. just ask for andy. he'll know what to do...
    norealityhere likes this.

Nope at the age of 25 I was about making all the money I could to buy those expensive handbags,shoes and trips I like to splurge on. I had done the crazy boyfriend thing at about 20. I was a quick study. I determined I could do bad on my own and did not need a Jax any longer.lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Nope at the age of 25 I was about making all the money I could to buy those expensive handbags,shoes and trips I like to splurge on. I had done the crazy boyfriend thing at about 20. I was a quick study. I determined I could do bad on my own and did not need a Jax any longer.lol.
    good for you! i was still a little wild, although it had more to do with partying and so on than it did any crazy men. i didn't want just one man back then. but my jobs in my 20's were more fun for me than they were high paying, lol. i finally had my divorce, had my own place, and was loving life. of course it didn't take too long before I got more serious about a real career, but in other ways i was still immature. it took me awhile. i was a wild one. i think i was about ten years behind you in the growing up department, lol.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, at least you made the transition....that's the biggie.
    Jexter and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

In a way, I really missed out. In my 20s, I would've LOVED to have lived as freely as the Sur staff. I seem to have been somewhat different than so many of you guys, cause I never had an opportunity to have that "single life in my 20s" experience. I went straight from living in the grad school dormatory (all girls) to being married, at age 21. And I started having kids fairly soon thereafter, so that during all of my 20s, I had the mindset of a 'married woman.' Looking back, I would've LOVED to have been a young, working girl, out on my own and just having fun in my 20s --- but for some reason, I was so afraid that I wasn't going to find a 'good man' who would want to marry me, that when I did (at age 20) I kind of felt desperate to get married as soon as possible. Pretty sad, I know, but I remember being afraid that I really wouldn't have another chance, if I passed that opportunity by.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    In a way, I really missed out. In my 20s, I would've LOVED to have lived as freely as the Sur staff. I seem to have been somewhat different than so many of you guys, cause I never had an opportunity to have that "single life in my 20s" experience. I went straight from living in the grad school dormatory (all girls) to being married, at age 21. And I started having kids fairly soon thereafter, so that during all of my 20s, I had the mindset of a 'married woman.' Looking back, I would've LOVED to have been a young, working girl, out on my own and just having fun in my 20s --- but for some reason, I was so afraid that I wasn't going to find a 'good man' who would want to marry me, that when I did (at age 20) I kind of felt desperate to get married as soon as possible. Pretty sad, I know, but I remember being afraid that I really wouldn't have another chance, if I passed that opportunity by.

Your path was a bit different, but i can totally understand it too. I wanted to marry, so I did it young as well. I felt like you did that it would be my only opportunity. The difference was that mine did not work. I don't know about yours, but mine happened at 21 and was over at 25. So in a sense, when some were just starting to get serious and make money and so on, I was on my own for the first time. I went totally wild. I did whatever i wanted whenever i wanted to. I had to hold down jobs to pay my own way of course, but even that was sort of fun. I can tell you though that those years go by quickly and it gets lonely. There is only so much partying you can do, and I lived in a small town.

In a way, I wish I had kids early like you did. You're in better shape physically and still relatively young when they grow up.

I think it's a matter of the grass always seeming to be greener and all that. I finally decided marriage was not for me at all, but it took another long term relationship for me to figure it out, and some dating after that. By then I had my daughter so she became my total focus. At my age, I often wonder if i'll survive her teens! I've been on my own for a long time now, and sometimes I do get a bit wistful thinking about being part of a couple at this time in life, how nice that would be. I just know in my heart it isn't for me.

Whatever path you took, all that matters is that you find your way to what's right for you. I think both have positives and negatives. Loneliness is harder on some than it is on others. Financial struggles are so stressful, too. There are times I'd give up my freedom to be part of a couple who have two incomes and aren't struggling as much. I guess all life decisions have trade-offs.
    AmyKay and sparklete like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Your path was a bit different, but i can totally understand it too. I wanted to marry, so I did it young as well. I felt like you did that it would be my only opportunity. The difference was that mine did not work. I don't know about yours, but mine happened at 21 and was over at 25. So in a sense, when some were just starting to get serious and make money and so on, I was on my own for the first time. I went totally wild. I did whatever i wanted whenever i wanted to. I had to hold down jobs to pay my own way of course, but even that was sort of fun. I can tell you though that those years go by quickly and it gets lonely. There is only so much partying you can do, and I lived in a small town.

In a way, I wish I had kids early like you did. You're in better shape physically and still relatively young when they grow up.

I think it's a matter of the grass always seeming to be greener and all that. I finally decided marriage was not for me at all, but it took another long term relationship for me to figure it out, and some dating after that. By then I had my daughter so she became my total focus. At my age, I often wonder if i'll survive her teens! I've been on my own for a long time now, and sometimes I do get a bit wistful thinking about being part of a couple at this time in life, how nice that would be. I just know in my heart it isn't for me.

Whatever path you took, all that matters is that you find your way to what's right for you. I think both have positives and negatives. Loneliness is harder on some than it is on others. Financial struggles are so stressful, too. There are times I'd give up my freedom to be part of a couple who have two incomes and aren't struggling as much. I guess all life decisions have trade-offs.
    Sadly for me, I never have found my way to what's right for me. Like many of the married couples in the US, my marriage didn't last either. It lasted about 15 years, but then my husband and I parted ways. I've been single now for many many years and have had more than my share of long term relationships, short term relationships, flings, one-nighters, et al --- and I never did find 'Mr. Right.' (So, in an odd way, I was kind of "right" that the man who I married, way back in my youth, really WAS my best and only chance to marry.) And I must be a "grass is always greener" kind of gal because as much as I enjoy the perks of being single, (and I really DO enjoy lots of aspects of being single!), even in my later years, I still very much miss how nice it is to be part of a couple.

All parts of life are transition. And it is all a blessing.

I did not get married or even date until I met my husband at 46. And I cannot say that I had great romantic relationship communication skills. But I am kind. And I cherish kindness in others.
    You can do it!

Anyone know the girl from this show who just got a role on THe Client List?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's the girl who was having sex with Jax in the restroom; his momentary replacement for Stassi.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread