+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Yay!!! Just saw the first episode of Bethenny's new talk show! Loved it!!!

It has been posted on YouTube. For those of us who aren't in the six cities where the talk show is being aired, you can catch Episode 1 on YouTube by going to this link: Bethenny Talk Show E01 - YouTube
    or just searching "Bethenny" and scroll down to Bethenny Talk Show E01.
    Debb70 likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Thanks, Imperfect1. I enjoyed watching on my PC at work. It really was just like girl talk! And Jason in the Q&A was adorable.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Bethenny was on The Wendy Williams Show today. I missed it, but have it set to record tonight, when it come on BET.

I am quite concerned that this woman has a talk show. I mean really I hope she is not giving anyone any advice on anything. Bethenny needs long term couch counseling and the idea she is going to be talking her usual nonsense to impressionable people is really a scary thought. Its bad enough her daughter is subjected to it.
    Woostah and lilymax like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Her kinda girl talk was ok, kinda funny; but the armpit mayonnaise - or maybe it was sour cream?- on her crisp white shirt, and avocado slush on that poor girl's hair, well it seemed a little wackadoodle.
    Holy crap, Bethenny will be trashing a lot of expensive wardrobe if she keeps that up.

Jason in the audience, with both disclaiming divorce rumors was sweet- he looked happy.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Not sure if I like this show. It's too early to tell. I'm going to give it a chance - even Oprah didn't start off with a huge fan base when she started her talk show in Chicago.
    I wasn't impressed with Bethenny's first episode; some of it seemed too silly and childish. Bethenny can be quite witty at times, but I just thought she was trying too hard. I found it odd that when she came out on stage in the introduction, she stood up there for at least 2 minutes just dancing and listening to the audience scream at her "we love you"
    I'm not a huge fan of Oprah in general, however I did find most of her shows very informative (lots of real people living real lives and overcoming obstacles like the mom who lost her legs during childbirth, the show on men who had been molested etc) I miss the serious stuff! I might be one of the few who feels this way.
    Maybe as Bethenny's show moves forward, she will begin to develop her own brand of talk show. Hopefully different from the rest.
    Debb70 likes this.

I saw Bethenny on Wendy Williams this week. She is out promoting her new talk show. She looked really good. Not sick like those photos I posted on the other thread. The show was filmed in NY, but she said that Bryn and Jason had stayed in LA.

She seemed very upbeat. She didn't talk much about her marriage and divorce rumors, though Wendy brought it up. She acted like everything was just fine. It could be an act, but she seemed honest IMO. My issue is how can things be so great now, but when they were filming the show things were so rocky and she was crying every night. Why are things so great now and not then? And if all that misery was for pretend for the cameras, then that's pretty sick IMO.

Oh, she claims she got Aviva her job on House Wives. She said Aviva had been turned down repeatedly and since she knew Aviva, she told Bravo, AKA Andy Cohen that Aviva was the perfect new housewife. She told him that Aviva has three legs and her ex-husband slept with two of the existing housewives. I think this may have been a delayed dig at Jill. Just think. Bethenny is casting the new housewives after Jill was let go! Of course, perhaps it was totally innocent. Right! LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-13-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Coco46 likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The audience was on camera a lot in the first talk show episode and I was somewhat surprised to see how young the majority of the women were. They seemed to be mostly 25-35, and they did give her an enourmous and very vocal ovation when she first came on stage. They were dancing, too! It occurs to me that they are Bethenny's demographic, the ones who buy her books and products.

Given that, I imagine we'll be seeing topics geared to women in that age group.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Poppy Fields, yes what a young audience. I've noticed that people responding to Bravo's HW blogs also sound very young, though the posters here at FORT seem more mature and better at analyzing motivations.

I wonder what the average RH viewer age might be, and the demographic Bravo is trying to reach. I'm guessing Bravo wants young, impressionable, naive viewers, who worship the RHs.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I didn't see the first show but caught the second.
    Bethanny is extremely likable and upbeat, which you'd think would be perfect for a talk show host....but maybe it also takes a different talent than just that. It's far too early to say anything (not that ever stops me ) but I wasn't very impressed....Also it's most likely my (old) age but I didn't enjoy nor agree w/a lot of the subjects. But I could just be an old biddy with an uptight moral code that's old fashioned and not what's happening nowadays.
    I still love Bethanny but this just didn't do it for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast