+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Re: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by SALP View Post
    Andy has already offered Bethenny to come back and she has said NO so I doubt she will do it. As far as another show I thought she was good on her talk show and even better after the announcement of the cancellation came out. I really liked her show and with everything that was going on behind doors with Jason, I can see how all that took a toll on her.
    I never liked Jason and I do believe that he showed a perfect face for the cameras but deep down inside he is a passive-aggresive and resentful guy.
    Welcome, SALP

FORT Newbie

Thanks

I was on twop until it closed and I someone suggested this forum so I decided to give it a try.

Bethenny has always been one of my favorites, her personal life is a mess but most of the problems she has are common problems, in-laws, lack of communication with husband, rushed marriage without really knowing each other. The fact that she is being ripped apart for divorcing a "wonderful guy" like Jason is baffling to me because at this point is obvious to me that Jason has always had a very nasty side, he was just smart enough not to show it in front of cameras. But even then they are the only ones who know what happened in their marriage, and with about 50% of couples ending in divorce, it is not as if she is the only one going through this process.

Just because this is happening I won't stop giving her credit where credit is due, she has an amazing business sense and the determination to make it happen and I have always admired that in a person.
    prhoshay, Prism, Moontat and 3 others like this.

I was wondering if anyone here has read Bethenny's book "A Place of Yes"? (I think that's what the book is called). I didn't buy it. Don't like to put money in the pockets of people who are already rich (are you listening Oprah? with your "Oprah's Chai Tea" at Starbucks!) I just got it from the library. Whoa, could NOT get into it at all. IMO she was just all over the place with her thoughts and advice and recommendations. Geesh. I needed a a stiff drink after the first 3 chapters. Maybe I should have done the stiff drink BEFORE I started reading. I don't think anything would have made it any better.
    However, I am open to feedback/opinions from anyone who has read the entire book and gleaned anything from it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone here has read Bethenny's book "A Place of Yes"? (I think that's what the book is called). I didn't buy it. Don't like to put money in the pockets of people who are already rich (are you listening Oprah? with your "Oprah's Chai Tea" at Starbucks!) I just got it from the library. Whoa, could NOT get into it at all. IMO she was just all over the place with her thoughts and advice and recommendations. Geesh. I needed a a stiff drink after the first 3 chapters. Maybe I should have done the stiff drink BEFORE I started reading. I don't think anything would have made it any better.
    However, I am open to feedback/opinions from anyone who has read the entire book and gleaned anything from it.
    I read A Place of Yes and thought it was terrific! Each chapter addressed a specific issue that people often struggle with, and gave a good mix of personal anecdotes and excellent suggestions. I originally got it from the library, but I liked it so much that I bought a copy for myself and gave two copies to close friends as gifts.

By the way, chenoa, in regard to Oprah's tea at Starbucks, you probably didn't know that most of the profits from sales of the Oprah Chai products go to charities, including the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa, youth education through Girls Inc., the National CARES Mentoring Movement, Pathways to College, and the U.S. Dream Academy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Self-help books are not for everybody.....like ME. I already know that I wouldn't enjoy that book because it's just not my type. I totally enjoy reading books where people I think I may admire talk about their lives, what they've learned, and what has worked for them....where life has taken them/taught them. I guess that is why I am such an Oprah fan. I've learned to trust her knowledge and experiences; she makes sense to me. I've found that she seldom does things just to make money; there's usually a humanitarian angle.

Bethenny, though I am a fan, is a little young for me. I think she's still finding herself, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as there is continuous forward progression.
    Jahim and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I read A Place of Yes and thought it was terrific! Each chapter addressed a specific issue that people often struggle with, and gave a good mix of personal anecdotes and excellent suggestions. I originally got it from the library, but I liked it so much that I bought a copy for myself and gave two copies to close friends as gifts.

By the way, chenoa, in regard to Oprah's tea at Starbucks, you probably didn't know that most of the profits from sales of the Oprah Chai products go to charities, including the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa, youth education through Girls Inc., the National CARES Mentoring Movement, Pathways to College, and the U.S. Dream Academy.
    Thanks for your response on Bethenny's book. I'm glad it was helpful to you, and the info on Oprah's Chai Tea. I should have known that Oprah would donate a portion of it to charities.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456