+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

I hate to see the show end.
    Jahim and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I've watched (and loved) Bethenny from her first days on RHNY and like ALL of us, she is not perfect. In fact, like ALL of us, she's got some personality flaws. Oh shock! But I think she's terrific, and fun, and smart, and sassy, and a great friend, and wonderful, loving mother. I will miss her on tv and I've really enjoyed her talk show. It was always fun and lighthearted, and unlike the pervasive amount of fighting and hating and mean-girl behavior on tv, her show was never mean-spirited.
    This is so true and I agree. The talk show was so up and down for me, but ironically, once it was full disclosure about the cancellation, she really hit her stride and the show just knew what it was and where it was going and it was a lot of fun still. I loved their panels and the questions, the would-you-evers, and most of all the audience! I don't know how, but she always has amazing audience participation, even as she was going out. She's just a funny person. Not like a comedian funny, but just in her personality. At one point, she found a tag on her clothes and just was like, well, this is where we are and we're going to have to return this after taping. Of course, she was much wittier and quick than me typing it out.
    Imperfect1 and SALP like this.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I hate to see the show end.
    Sorry Shay, I know how you enjoyed it. I hate when a show goes off that I love, so I know how you feel
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Bethenny Frankel, Jason Hoppy Divorce 2014: Custody Case Damaging Her SkinnyGirl Brand? [Video] : Celebrities : ENSTARZ
    06/02/14

It seems as though Frankel's latest book, Cookie Meets Peanut is already being called a failure after very few fans turned up to her book signing event in New York City last week. Reports indicate that Frankel was so upset over the poor turnout that she left her stand at the BookExpo America event after signing only a few books for her fans.

A witness told Page Six: "There were four people in line for Bethenny. Representatives for her publisher were sent out around the expo to recruit people to come to her stand. Through sheer hard work they managed to get some people over. After blaming others for the poor turnout, Bethenny left the show early."

Oh no.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I think there's a bigger factor with this book. The books she's done in the past have been more of the self improvement genre. Whether it's dieting and fitness or positive thinking, she's made money encouraging people. This is a children's book. It's a self indulgent children's book at that. I think that Bethenny as a "everyone adores me and is cheering for me" brand is tarnished. But I'm not sure that if she did another "be a better you" book that it wouldn't do well.

Bethenny might be a very good mommy, but she might lack a selling role model factor.

Her show was pretty good. I hope she controls her finances.....because another big gold mine might not pop up. She was practically 40 when her brand was purchased...and not rich before that.

But she is funny and smart.....so that is always an attraction.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I hope I'm wrong, but I tend to think she's probably not a great mom, primarily because she's never had anyone to teach her what a great mom is. She didn't have it from her own mom ... as she reminds us every chance she gets. Many women have that experience, but learn motherhood from friends, moms of friends or a mother-in-law. But Bethenny is so self-involved that i don't think she's put a lot of time into observing what effective moms do to learn from them. I think that in her mind, showering her daughter with love is all that is necessary. That's great for an aunt or a grandmother. But I think a great mother also has to be focused on what lessons to teach, and have an eye on the prize of the adult she wants to produce. I don't think that element of motherhood has occurred to Bethenny.
    Jexter and Coco46 like this.

I read last night that they settled their custody suit. They will share joint custody. The good part is she will still have her paternal grandparents in her life.
    I was reading over the weekend wher Bethenny was claiming Jason was emotinally abusing her & Bryn during hand-overs & abused her dog. Okay I thought they were still sharing their apartment but who knows. I haven't been keeping up with it. She will now have her assistant pick-up Bryn. I can totally see Bethenny spinning on how/what Jason said to uit her needs. As for the dog abuse, seems Jason took her dog to a doggie hotel without telling Bethenny. I can see how going out of town & having your ex-wife's dog in the apartment and not wanting or being able to take her with him. So he did the responsible thing and boarded the dog. He could have been flying & not able to answer a phone/text message about her dog. She knew by midnight where the dog was and got her back the next morning safe & sound. Why did she feel the need to bring that up in court?
    If Skinng Girl is failing it is not due to her divorce. It is because it was a 'FAD" product & over-expanded& diversified was too soon. It was popular because you were liked & now well you're not. It doesn't really taste that good and is way too expensive. That is not Jason's fault; that is yours & Jim Beams.
    norealityhere and Coco46 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I could never stand an entire hour of Bethenny "anything". I never watched her spin-off show and once I watched about 15 mins. of her talk show before I had to change the channel. However, I always liked Bethenny in small, short doses (i.e. - when she was part of the RHONYC cast). I kind of wish Bravo would bring Bethenny back as a part-time "friend" of the NY Housewives now that she doesn't have much going for her on TV these days.

FORT Newbie

Andy has already offered Bethenny to come back and she has said NO so I doubt she will do it. As far as another show I thought she was good on her talk show and even better after the announcement of the cancellation came out. I really liked her show and with everything that was going on behind doors with Jason, I can see how all that took a toll on her.
    I never liked Jason and I do believe that he showed a perfect face for the cameras but deep down inside he is a passive-aggresive and resentful guy.
    Jahim, Imperfect1 and beesknees like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast