+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

FORT Newbie

Re: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

I'm going to bump this because of the dirty laundry coming out with the divorce.

I really tried to like this show, but just couldn't. She's just wasn't able to engage guests or her audience - at least not that I could see. And I think the ongoing divorce may have played a part in her not being able to give 110%????

I gave her talk show a chance but I just couldn't take watching her anymore. She's way too hyper and well, dare I say- skinny! I just found it painful to even look at her let alone listen to her. She always tries to make everything about her even when she's interviewing guests. I'm not disappointed her show has been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I gave her talk show a chance but I just couldn't take watching her anymore. She's way too hyper and well, dare I say- skinny! I just found it painful to even look at her let alone listen to her. She always tries to make everything about her even when she's interviewing guests. I'm not disappointed her show has been cancelled.
    She was okay to start with, then it was a lot of nonsense, and as you say mostly about her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved her on RHoNYC, and I enjoyed her spin-off shows, but I prefer her in smaller doses. She's very intense and emotionally exhausting trying to keep up with her in an hour-long format where she's the primary participant.

I never tried to watch her talk show just because I thought the sound of her voice droning on for an hour might drive me crazy.

I see a lot of my damaged self in Bethenny and I actually do like her. Well, MOST of her. Sometimes she just grates (but, to be fair, I'm sure people feel the same way about me).

I always thought Bethenny would have been the consummate poster at TWOP because she definitely brings the snark. Some of her lines from the first season were just golden.

I never cared for Hoppy. He always gave me the impression he could be one manipulative, passive-aggressive PITA if he chose to be.

And if the story is true that he kidnapped poor old Cookie as the tabloids indicate, I hope karamgeddon gets him in the end. Because I'm vindictive when it comes to four-legged furry friends.
    GabbyG likes this.

I only tried her show once...and that was enough. I had already begun to dislike her....altho I loved her on RHNY and her spin offs.
    But as more and more about the divorce came out, I realize what a horrible person she is.
    Am not saying Jason was/is better but she's nothing but a spoiled selfish person that has a lot of money and fame. She will never get over her past because she doesn't want to. And I feel sorry for her but that's all she gets from me.
    Mostly I feel sorry for their little girl.
    jucamer likes this.

Her husband always seemed to me like her better half! Literally!
    I found her the most whiny, self absorbed human being ever to appear on a reality show.
    And, since reality TV is totally comprised of whiny, self absorbed human beings, that's really saying a lot.
    Dragonlady and jucamer like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Her husband always seemed to me like her better half! Literally!
    I found her the most whiny, self absorbed human being ever to appear on a reality show.
    And, since reality TV is totally comprised of whiny, self absorbed human beings, that's really saying a lot.
    I never saw her on RH. I don't think I could take to her though.
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I've watched (and loved) Bethenny from her first days on RHNY and like ALL of us, she is not perfect. In fact, like ALL of us, she's got some personality flaws. Oh shock! But I think she's terrific, and fun, and smart, and sassy, and a great friend, and wonderful, loving mother. I will miss her on tv and I've really enjoyed her talk show. It was always fun and lighthearted, and unlike the pervasive amount of fighting and hating and mean-girl behavior on tv, her show was never mean-spirited.
    livin4reality, Jahim and GabbyG like this.

FORT Fogey

Yes, none of us are perfect. But I won't give Bethenny a pass on that excuse alone for a couple of reasons. First, I think some of her flaws go to an extreme, and are self-inflicted. Second, I think she knows right from wrong because the standards she holds other people to are very high - she just doesn't live up to those standards herself. Third, her self-centeredness goes to a level that is off the charts and makes her intolerable. Narcissism is not just an imperfection, it goes beyond that. She has the benefit of years of video to watch herself on TV and see that. She chooses not to. No one on earth can ever focus on Bethenny as closely as she focuses on herself, which is why no one will ever live up to her expectations. We all have flaws - Bethenny has a disorder she chooses to do nothing about.
    norealityhere likes this.

[QUOTE=Persnickety1;4803670]
    I never tried to watch her talk show just because I thought the sound of her voice droning on for an hour might drive me crazy.QUOTE]

Well you just saved yourself a trip to the psych ward!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast