+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: BETHENNY - TALK SHOW on Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh, she claims she got Aviva her job on House Wives. She said Aviva had been turned down repeatedly and since she knew Aviva, she told Bravo, AKA Andy Cohen that Aviva was the perfect new housewife. She told him that Aviva has three legs and her ex-husband slept with two of the existing housewives. I think this may have been a delayed dig at Jill. Just think. Bethenny is casting the new housewives after Jill was let go! Of course, perhaps it was totally innocent. Right! LOL
    Andy Cohen was on one of the late night talk shows this week and HE SAID that Bethenny wa the one who casted Aviva for the RHNY show --- that Bethenny was the one who first told Andy about Aviva and that she would be perfect for the show. It didn't seem to have anything to do with Jill, one way or the other. . .
    Debb70 likes this.

Bethenny's Talk Show has been hilarious this week!!! I thought you guys might enjoy reading a blog that talks about the first week of the show: LynnNChicago | The Real Housewives Expert

Bethenny-talk1.jpg

BEA-Jason-Bryn-at-Ellen3-300x270.jpg

If the link doesn't work, here's a copy of the blog:

"I’ve been watching Bethenny’s new talk show for 4 days now. I just watched 3 in one sitting. The woman is amazing. I thought she was a cool, fun, outrageously funny person on the Real Housewives and then on her Bravo Bethenny shows. Oh my gosh, she is everything we love and more.

She opens up her show by coming out and dancing with the audience ala Ellen (which I love about Ellen’s show so love this on B’s show) She keeps saying the show is not about her, but about US. She gets it, she wants to share and learn from us (ok the audience members, but I just know she’d be my BBF if she only knew me).

We know B is all about sexual innuendo and inappropriate comments. She doesn’t disappoint, believe me!! The first show she had guys on, the second one she had Ellen and they talked about meeting President Obama and how much they like how he relates to people. They also talked about Portia’s new haircut. I fell in love with Ellen from her first tv show. The two of them chatted like best friends. You know we all have one friend who says embarrassing things, yeah that’s Bethenny with Ellen. Ellen left, and next up is 50 Shades of Gray and Holly Robinson-Peete. Holly explained the sudden exit from The Talk. She said it was like being laid off from a company. I personally liked her and Lisa Reminiy(sp) on The Talk.

Bethenny showed herself going to a sex shop with a couple who wanted to spice up their marriage. Oh lordy Bethenny in a sex shop is H I L A R I O U S. She picked up items and they discussed them and she tried some out and let the husband hit her butt with a crop. (disclaimer I know a few things about all those items so seeing what they did had me laughing and almost in tears). The couple came out and sat on the couch to talk about it. The interesting part was the wife said that she enjoyed the spanking more when she was warmed up sexually before. Bethenny said sometimes you get hot doing it and sometimes you gotta warm up to get hotter.

She uncovered a bunch of objects. A blindfold which Holly said was nice and B said it was great and you should buy it for the beauty of it. Then she pulled out what she said looked like a collar for Cookie. It is a Ball Gag Bethenny, Jason might want to buy one. Holly put it on like a choker. B pulled out a crop with a hand on it I think. She proceeded to get Holly to bend over so she could try it out on her. Holly said the first one didn’t hurt, but Bethenny wound up and let her have it. Holly jumped and grabbed her tush. Bethenny seemed to enjoy that a lot. Jason go buy some butt sized pillows!!

Bethenny told everyone about the FLEA fiasco. Poor Cookie.

She introduced “Frankly Speaking” -- audience member confessed she’d sleep with someone if it helped her to get ahead. This opened up quite the discussion. B asked her what parameters she’d set for it, a lot depended on what he looked like. Then she had Ali Fedotowsky, Joely Fisher and Tiffany Haddish on to talk about that topic and men. It was like she was hangin out with her girlfriends. They launched into a chat about should you have sex whenever he wants it? It ran the gamut from give some, take some to withhold it to whenever he wants it give it. Poor Jason.

Bethenny hates to stop talking for commercials. Jason sits in the audience and I wonder how all this affects him. Is he embarrassed or do they have some really great talks at night? He is like a fly on the wall of a pajama party. My husband always says “I want to know what happens at a pajama party, but I like my imagination too much to find out the truth” He suspects we diss our husbands, but hopes we have baby doll pajama pillow fights. LOL

Next question is Would you allow your husband to be friends with an EX on Facebook? Ali is friends with all her exes. Tiffany’s ex was always checking up on her. Bethenny checks with Jason before she tweets a photo to make sure it’s okay as well as appropriate. An audience member said she won’t do it even if she parted on good terms, she said there is a reason he’s an ex and she’s gained a husband who is her best friend.

Kate Walsh came out and she is Gorgeous!! She shared that she is leaving Private Practice. B says “I have a mouth for night-time” (so true, but we love her for it). Drink time!!! They talked about her fragrance line. Bethenny likes seeing women start their own business. She asked Kate if she’d text a nude photo to a man she was dating. She said yes.

She did a Would you ever? segment. Would you ever date a man who’d been with another man? Two women said NO. When she asked a guy would you ever date a woman if she’d ever been with another woman? He said Oh Yes! That led to asking audience members the question. Is this a double standard that it’s ok for two women together but not two men? Bethenny says No, cause it’s her talk show. Back to the nude photo debate. Bethenny would never do that. Would you ever sleep with your ex? She says Been there done that, who hasn’t? Jason looked embarrassed. She goes there….talking about down there grooming. She says that is a future topic. Jason says he sent B a picture of his body part, B says he did not. He says “I guess it wasn’t that memorable” I DIE LAUGHING!!!

She then talks to the guy who sued his ex fiance after she broke up with him 5 months before the wedding. She took money out of their joint account. Bethenny invites him to show up at her show every day. B said “I’ll find someone for you”

Thursday’s show she had women on who had a product they made and are trying to launch while helping support their families. Let me just say I almost cried while watching Bethenny as she told them how to get their product out there and where to go to get the exposure. Bethenny is so smart and she understands branding. She told the first woman who made a 'camera hugger' that fits around the lens on a camera to get kids to look toward the camera for pictures. She told her how to package it and where to place it to get the best buyers. The next woman designed a ring that can be adjusted to fit any finger, think weight gain or loss fingers change size. Bethenny called it “If the ring fits” GENIUS!! She suggested a launch on QVC to explain how it adjusts to fit.

WOW I am in awe of Bethenny. She truly knows how to market and how to get exposure for whatever she wants to sell. She even said she might get behind someones product to help brand it. She had 3 women who wanted to boost their BUTT appeal. She used her own Skinnygirl Shaperwear. No “squeez”ing here. EAT.YOUR.HEART.OUT.JILZY She sure knows how to enhance their “assets”.

Coco was on and they compared tushies and Bethenny drank a drink off her butt while she was bent over. Now that was a sight to see! Next they had some workout/yoga moves that help the tush. Coco in that tight top was…well not appealing to me. That’s 3 days of Bethenny.

We need to petition to get her on EVERY Fox Station in every market. She is so much more fun and not edited down on her show like she was on Bravo. I hope we get to see some Bryn. I do enjoy seeing Jason in the audience. Reminds of Ellen’s Mom and Dr Phil’s wife Robin.

I hope you can enjoy Bethenny thru my blog. I know it’s not like watching it yourself, but try to You Tube it and call your local Fox station and beg for it!!! Blessings to you all until Saturday mornings blog about the final show of the first week."
    Prism likes this.

Don't know how many of you have been able to watch any parts of Bethenny's talk show --- I've been able to catch a few full episodes on a website called 'Watch Series On Line Free' (http://www.watchseries-online.eu/category/bethenny), and snippets on Bethenny Frankel New TV Show, also on YouTube, and various other sites --- but I have to say, it is TOTALLY DELIGHTFUL. This is where Bethenny really shines! She is really in her element - funny, charming, witty, and a 'great girlfriend.' I notice that I'm always smiling from beginning to end.

Thanks Imperfect1 for all your info. It's obvious you are happy with her new show. It just has me wondering something. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I just wonder. With Bethenny having no family in her life, except for her husband and child, you would think it would be inportant to her that Bryn and Jason's parents have a good bond as Bryn grows up. I wonder how Bryn will feel one day, watching her mom host this talk show, when they didn't need the money and she grew up across the country away from her grandparents. Those memories of loving family are invaluable and cannot be replaced. I just think it's selfish.
    norealityhere and AlwaysVeg like this.

Thanks Imperfect1 for all your info. It's obvious you are happy with her new show. It just has me wondering something. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I just wonder. With Bethenny having no family in her life, except for her husband and child, you would think it would be inportant to her that Bryn and Jason's parents have a good bond as Bryn grows up. I wonder how Bryn will feel one day, watching her mom host this talk show, when they didn't need the money and she grew up across the country away from her grandparents. Those memories of loving family are invaluable and cannot be replaced. I just think it's selfish.
    Not to worry Debb --- your points are well taken. But you know, we don't know the whole story. In regard to Bethenny's talk show -- this is just a 6 week test, and I believe that if Bethenny gets a contract for a permanent talk show it will be based out of New York. So, problem solved. But even if it weren't, in addition to the fact that Jason's parents have said that they would happily move to the West Coast if circumstances warranted it, people move around all of the time, for multitudes of reasons. And family bonds aren't necessarily broken when someone moves. In fact sometimes they're strengthened. People visit back and forth, and in Bethenny's case, they could easily afford to fly themselves and/or Jason's parents back and forth across the country frequently.

FORT Fogey

Family bonds are also not limited by geography. Many children grow up a long distance from their grandparents. For some, it's an economic necessity. For others, it's a choice. Bryn is nearing an age where she'll be talking more. Between phones, and things like Skype, bonds with grandparents can be built in spite of any distance. My kids don't live near their grandparents, and honestly, in many ways I think that has helped. When we skype with my mom and dad, my kids sit in front of the computer, and actively participate in conversation. When my parents come to visit my kids are wandering around the house, playing with their friends, etc. Quality time is what builds relationships, and with the technology we have today, it is VERY possible to have quality time across the country.

I hope you're right. I hope that somehow Bryn can grow up being close to her grandparents. I hope that Bethenny figures a way to get back to the east coast. Even people who love LA, say it's not good for raising kids.

I hope you're right. I hope that somehow Bryn can grow up being close to her grandparents. I hope that Bethenny figures a way to get back to the east coast. Even people who love LA, say it's not good for raising kids.
    Hmmm, that's unusual, and just the opposite of what I would think. I lived in Manhattan from the time I was 6 to the age of 12, and then from 12 to adulthood in L.A., and as much as I LOVED NY, LA was a great place to grow up as well. The two areas are very different in lifestyle, and both offer different types of culture (both with their pros and cons), but generally speaking, LA is much less dangerous than NY.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Since the grandparents are willing to move to be in proximity to Jason and his family, I really don't see the need for concern. If Jason and Bethenny stay in Cali his parents might even enjoy living with no more snow and icy winters. I know I would!

Personally, I cannot imagine making proximity to grandparents a priority when career planning. The world seems so much smaller than it used to be, given air travel and all of the amazing ways we now have to connect through communications networks.They can stay close, even if the grandparents remain on the opposite coast.

I have close friends who raised their kids in Oakland, far from their Virginia families. The kids probably spent more time with the grandparents than lots of kids with grandparents nearby. Between long visits centered around holidays and summer vacations, phone calls and plain old snail mail, they remained close. Nowadays, such families have Skype, too. Not to mention Facebook and smartphones.

A career isn't really about money. It's about fulfilling goals and loving what you do. It's about itching to get to your place of work upon awakening each day. No matter how profitable that becomes, those needs do not change.

I understand that not everyone is career driven, but if you are the biggest challenge is balancing those needs with the needs of your spouse and the kids you are raising. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews all figure into that. You do not lose your family by moviing far away from them unless you want to.

I don't see Bethenny wanting that.
    Imperfect1, KatesMom and AcookerTV like this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I do not get the show where I am at.

Bethenny has the money to move the grand parents nearer. Or they could live a few months out in California each year.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast