+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: don't be TARDY for the WEDDING

Re: don't be TARDY for the WEDDING

I think it makes her look much younger, at least in the photo I saw.
    There's no place like home!

She must be fixating on her body. I think ten pounds might help her face out.
    You can do it!

I thought her real hair much more attractive than those wigs. I think she looked younger too.
    mom2 and Prism like this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I was stunned.

After all the time she's spent under a wig, I was thinking Kim's hair would be --- if she HAD any, that is --- barely there and absolutely hideous.

The woman has one of the prettiest heads of hair I've seen.

Being a some-time wqiggy myself (nothin' LIKE it to disguise a BHD!), I can see where she'd plop one on occasionally. But to cover up a beautiful mane like that? ALL the time??? SMH.

I like Kroy, and I DO pray for Kroy. Maybe he'll need those prayers, maybe not. She seems to love him as much as he does her, so I hope it works out for the permanent long haul for 'em.

And her mother is a freakin' loon. And no, I DON'T care for her daddy, either.

And Kim had it coming when she lied to her mom about Colin coming for the tasting, THEN was stupid enough to post about him coming on Facebook. I DO give a thumbs-up to Kroy for sympathizing with her about her crazy mom's text, but a thumbs DOWN for NOT saying to her at any point: "Babe, yeah, Karen is WRONG. But WHY in the world did you mention Colin and the tasting on Facebook, ANYWAY, knowing full well that your mom probably checks your page to see what's going on with you and try to stay in your business?" I really feel he should've called her out on that, so, maybe, she'd think before she acted in the future.

Just sayin'.

Random thoughts, ideas and opinions.

Oh, and PS . . .

I think Derek J is a HOOT!!!!!!!!!

And I DO like seeing Kim talk to KJ.
    Last edited by ness; 06-02-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Prism likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Did she start wearing the wigs when she was stripping as aprotection device, a on stage personality? That is my armchair guess. I did not see the show just net pictures...yes beautiful hair and younger looking.
    You can do it!

Could it be that Skim's just now getting a grip on some self esteem? She's married to a decent guy who loves her, good wage-earner, new baby, so far decent teenagers, Bravolebrity status.... all that stuff in a few short years.

Prior to this she was kept by an fugly old married fraudster, couldn't have been good for her ego. I suspect the better she feels about herself, the less she'll need the wigs. And the less she'll need overt sexuality, hooker clothes, and potty mouth talk. Skim has come up in the world; seems she's growing beyond what her parents cut her out to be, and it'll be good for her future and that of her children. She is so lucky she met Kroy.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Could it be that Skim's just now getting a grip on some self esteem? She's married to a decent guy who loves her, good wage-earner, new baby, so far decent teenagers, Bravolebrity status.... all that stuff in a few short years.

Prior to this she was kept by an fugly old married fraudster, couldn't have been good for her ego. I suspect the better she feels about herself, the less she'll need the wigs. And the less she'll need overt sexuality, hooker clothes, and potty mouth talk. Skim has come up in the world; seems she's growing beyond what her parents cut her out to be, and it'll be good for her future and that of her children. She is so lucky she met Kroy.
    She is. I like that guy a LOT. He seems to be a real sweetheart. He's got her back, too. And, yep, I HAVE noticed that he really seems to have taken to her girls, and seems very protective of and concerned about them. Which just tickles me to no end.

Gotta give it up to her. She really seems to have gotten herself a good one, and I hope it lasts for her.

And I agree, the better she seems to start to feel about herself, the less she'll need the outward shields for defense.

BTW, please forgive this dum-dum question, but as I said, I never watched RHOA prior to their Reunion show for this past season, so I wouldn't know . . .

Kim used to be a stripper?

No harm, no foul if she was. I don't sit in judgement of her if she was (or anybody else, for that matter). I was just curious.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I remember NeNe being a stripper but not Kim.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Kim is smart. Or at least savvy. I believe she was wearing wigs prior to going on the show??? Regardless, the wigs - and her over-the-top personality - made her a standout character on the show. She would have stood out without them, but the wigs really took her to another level that way. Then, she started a business out of it.

Not bad. I like that she thanked NeNe for her help getting on the show. Kim gets it. She gets all of it.

I like Kim, but there are parts of her that just grate on me. The "luv" and "hun" terms of endearment she uses not just with Kroy, but with everyone, drive me berserk.

Mostly I do not care for her sense of entitlement. It only it me watching the wedding show, but wow. She expects everyone in her world work for her. Her friends should call her every day asking what they can do to help? Etc.?

Paid staff I can understand, but not friends. Esp. when it was her decision to pull the wedding off in a short amount of time. She expects eveyone else's lives to be put on hold for her.

Gotta give it up to her.

On the Reunion, I liked that she acknowledged NeNe getting her on the show and thanking her for that, too. I have to admit I gave her three cheers for her forthrightness and honestly about that. She said something to the effect that when casting for RHOA was being done, they hadn't even thought of having a white housewife on it. Then NeNe suggested Kim, she and TPTB met, and the rest was history.

About the "luv" and "hon"? Being Southern, I get it. My tag words are "sweetie" and "baby". Not everybody is going to get that, and I don't expect them to. I don't even hear it when Kim does it, because that's such a Southern thing that I live and breathe it, so I get it. Also, if I happen to be dealing with someone who DOESN'T get it and they pull my coat and let me know it makes them uncomfortable, I have no problem actively making an adjustment in dealing with that person, because I don't want to drive anybody close to murder over nothing. I just understand that they DON'T get it, and don't appreciate it, so, no prob.

People are different, and ain't that grand?

I get you about the entitlement thing. I picked up on it. She DOES seem to have a kind of tendency to expect that everybody and his brother that're in her orbit are supposed to run, jump, fetch and catch for her, doesn't she? Maybe she doesn't mean any harm, but it IS noticeable, and she should perhaps dial that down a notch, or ten, 'cause I, myself, don't find that trait attractive in the LEAST, either.

And another thing I have to raise my eyebrow at . . .

Bless her heart, Kim spends Kroy's money like twenty drunken sailors on shore leave, don't she?

God bless him that he's got it like that, and is willing to let her do whatever she wants. But I'm a little different, I suppose. Even f I ever remarried and my fiance was a multi-millionaire/billionaire, AND gave me a Platinum American Express card and told me to go for it, I'm sorry, but I couldn't see having a wedding that wound up with a seven-figure price tag. OR paying 58K (or OVER) FOR A USED WEDDING DRESS??? OR 92K total on THREE DIFFERENT OUTFITS TO WEAR AT MY WEDDING???

God bless 'em, BOTH, but I just couldn't do it. Even if he had it, I couldn't see myself going at it like that with his money. I would WANT a special day with him, because I WOULD be of the mindset that I'd only be doing this once, but, DAMN, not at a price tag of over seven figures, total, and 92K ALONE for outfits to put on my rear end during the ceremony itself, and afterward.

But, more power to 'em both. It seems to be workin' for 'em just FINE the way it is.

Rock on and WIG on, Kim and Kroy!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 06-03-2012 at 03:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread