+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: don't be TARDY for the WEDDING

FORT Fan

Re: don't be TARDY for the WEDDING

Just a few notes about quitting. Drink as much water as possible and try to avoid sugar. Sugar can increase your desire. Second, if you are using a nicotine patch or gum, you are still getting the nicotine and may have withdrawal when you get off the gum ect. Usually the third day, third week and third month for some reason can kick in the desire all over again but it will pass. When you get the urge start taking deep breaths..it will help. Good luck!!
    Jexter likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Queen B View Post
    Just a few notes about quitting. Drink as much water as possible and try to avoid sugar. Sugar can increase your desire. Second, if you are using a nicotine patch or gum, you are still getting the nicotine and may have withdrawal when you get off the gum ect. Usually the third day, third week and third month for some reason can kick in the desire all over again but it will pass. When you get the urge start taking deep breaths..it will help. Good luck!!
    You're very right about those big deep breaths, Queen B. They really make your body FEEL kind of like you've inhaled a lot of smoke into your lungs -- and when someone is trying to quit smoking, it's really very comforting to have that feeling. That helped me a lot!!!

Kim Zolciak: Dancing with the Stars Castoff Has Heart Surgery After Mini Stroke : People.com

BY ANDREA PARK @scandreapark 10/27/2015 AT 09:40 AM EDT
    Kim Zolciak-Bermann is on the mend.

The reality star revealed on Instagram on Tuesday morning that she has undergone heart surgery.

Zolciak-Biermann posted a hospital selfie with the caption, "My [heart] surgery was a success!! I can't wait to be back on my feet 100%! Glad it's over! Quite the whirlwind this past month has been...but such a blessing too." She also included several hashtags: "#MyFamilyHasBeenAmazing #TheFalconsHaveBeenSoSupportiv e #GodIsIncredible #Blessed #Grateful #ThankYouToMyDoctorsAndNurses #AmazingTeam"

The Don't Be Tardy star was forced to drop out of the current season of Dancing with the Stars after suffering a mini stroke on Sept. 23 and announced earlier this month it helped doctors discover an existing genetic condition requiring treatment.

"I have a blood clot, they don't know if it came from my leg or my pelvis," Zolciak-Biermann, 37, told E!. "Most people have a filter so it can't cross over to the other side of your heart, but because I do have a valve they call it a hole, but it's more like a valve that never closed when I was born the blood clot was able to transfer and go through the hole, which stopped oxygen to my brain on the right side of my brain."

Zolciak-Biermann, who is married to Atlanta Falcons player Kroy Biermann, also said that she's actually grateful for the mini stroke.

"Had I not been so active with Dancing with the Stars and also flying that's probably what in essence caused the blood clot it really is a blessing in disguise," she said. "Because now I can really fix it and move on instead of having a true stroke where I never recover, or my doctor said a massive heart heart attack."

The mom of six said that the only treatments for her condition are "blood thinners for the rest of your life" or surgery, so she decided to go under the knife.

"I think anything that has to do with your heart and brain is pretty scary, but I mean, heck, I've been through it, I'm okay," Zolciak-Biermann said. "You really don't realize how precious life is and how something can just it literally happened in a second and my whole life changed."

Kim-Biermann-hospital.jpg
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

Glad to hear she will be OK. It truly was a blessing that DWTS and flying a lot brought about the circumstances that led to her diagnosis. It would have been horrible if in a few years she did have a major event that disabled or killed this beautiful young mother of six. I don't know why she insists on wearing those huge heavy wigs, when her real hair is so pretty.
    Imperfect1 and judesdca like this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread