+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: don't be TARDY for the WEDDING

Re: don't be TARDY for the WEDDING

Yeah I figured Kroy wasn't a huge salaried athlete. But you know, I don't think Kim is going anywhere. She knows she has a good guy, and he seems to be a worker and I think he will find a way to support his family.
    Jexter and sparklete like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Yeah I figured Kroy wasn't a huge salaried athlete. But you know, I don't think Kim is going anywhere. She knows she has a good guy, and he seems to be a worker and I think he will find a way to support his family.
    We can't discount Kim's financial contribution to the family too. She probably makes quite a good income from all of her reality tv shows and appearances.

Kim and Kroy kind of remind me of Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Basket. I don't think Hank was really a high salaried athlete either. And when he couldn't get back on a team, he had to find another way to support his family. IIRC, he started a health club with another 'retired' athlete. And of course, like Kim, Kendra still brings in a lot of money from her reality tv shows and appearances.

FORT Fogey

I, for one, hope Kim and Kroy make it. For as shallow as Kim may be, at the end of the day, it is clear that she gets her greatest fulfillment from being a mother and wife.

So far, Kroy seems to really love Kim - and all the kids.

They will have to function as a true team to afford the brood they've bred. I wish them nothing but success.
    Imperfect1 and sparklete like this.

Kroy will make around $3.5 million this upcoming season. He made around $2.1 million last season. Just thought I would post the actual numbers.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Kroy will make around $3.5 million this upcoming season. He made around $2.1 million last season. Just thought I would post the actual numbers.
    That's not chump change! The kids' college educations will be paid for + a ton left over in a single year. So long as they don't blow it and invest wisely, they will be fine. They may not be jetsetters but they will be comfortable for the rest of their lives.

$3.5 million is more money than most of us will see in our lives. However football players are only paid for 16 weeks. Out of the $3.5 he has to pay taxes upfront. Plus he has to pay his agent 6-7% of that income. He will also have to pay his attorney the same percentage plus he is most likely paying a publicist a 3-4% amount as well. A certain amount also is paid into the NFL Players Union and I also believe they also have to pay an insurance premium in case of injury.
    $3.5 million would allow most of us to live in the home of our dream while this family is back living in a cramped townhouse from Kims Big Pappi days.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

But they are building their dream house. Have you seen that monstrous thing? It will take a lot of money for the upkeep on such a home, and Kim probably has many people she pays to help her take care of her kids and house among other things.

I wonder what they're paid to do the show. I wonder if it's so much that they can afford that house? I suppose I won't ever have the answers to those questions, but please! How do these women afford their lifestyles and homes? It boggles the mind. I know people say they live on borrowed money and pay later but what does that mean? Tons of credit cards? Accounts at various businesses where they can spend without using money? It's so hard for me to imagine how people live that way because of the way I live. If I don't have the money in my purse or in my bank account, I don't pay bills, and I don't buy things. The rent comes first, and the bills get paid before I spend on anything else, including food sometimes. I don't get how people can live such lavish lifestyles with no actual money. Even on credit, because wouldn't the credit be toast after a certain amount of missed payments? I guess I'm a bit naive, but I live a rather simple life. Thank God.

Yes, that's good money Kroy has made, but these days it doesn't go as far as it used to, and even having a million bucks doesn't make a person rich anymore.

Oh, I'm in agreement with the poster who said they hoped Kim and Kroy make it. For some reason I do too. I don't want them to split up. I think Kim is a better person with Kroy in her world, lol.
    Debb70 likes this.

Wasn't She-ray also building her dream home a few years ago that has yet to be built. I wager in a few years, when the glow of her show wears of and is cancelled, she & Kroy will be in bankruptcy like so many reality show "stars" are.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fanatic

Their house is a construction foreclosure. The original builder lost his financing and left a partially built house. This is why it had a mold problem, it has sat half built for at least 6 months. These houses are cheap to pick up and if you can find one and have the patience to put up with construction, they are a bargain. I have a friend from college who lives in a neighborhood out west that is only 1/3 completed because the builders had to pull out when the real estate market bottomed out. The three or four houses that were started and abandoned went super cheap.

I would also assume that Kroy has invested some of his money in businesses back in his hometown. A fair amount of professional athletes from small towns/rural areas buy a stake in local businesses like car lots, fast food franchises, etc. This way they have income coming in when they are done with their playing days.

I wish Kim and Kroy the best too. It would be sad seeing them divorce. I hope it wouldn't come to that. But, as the saying goes....."the person you divorce is not the same person you married." lol

+ Reply to Thread