+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I know there's a lot of scripting and "direction" involved in these shows but I think Andy will do ANYTHING that will make money, cause headlines, create havoc, and would encourage actual bullying and hatred towards everyone involved.
    Except anything that would be negative to the gay/lesbian community.....for that, he has a tolerance level.....but otherwise....anything goes...the worse, the better in Andy's opinion.
    For all his "little boy charm" the guy is pure sleaze....I doubt he has any morals. He just happens to "look" like the nice young man next door.
    Can you tell I think he's the worst thing that happened to reality tv? JMHO
    I like Andy and I feel very differently about him. I agree that he likes to stir the pot by casting characters who will be controversial --- but that in itself doesn't bother me nearly as much as some things OTHER people do in the name of "entertainment." For example, I am appalled by the amount of violence/killing/cruelty/brutality/bloodshed/carnage/drug use, etc. accepted as standard fare for entertainment on tv and in the movies these days, so to me, watching some people bickering about this and that, pales in comparison.
    GabbyG and Prism like this.

For all his "little boy charm" the guy is pure sleaze....I doubt he has any morals. He just happens to "look" like the nice young man next door.
    JMHO
    Childish sleaze. Those stupid games. I stopped watching months ago but did watch the Jill & Bethenny shows. Been reading the mags, a friend dropped them off because quite frankly I would not wate my money on them. If I thought any less of Bethenny that I did before I now have even less respect for her. The PR isn't working. She told him it was over 2 days before Christmas!!!! Talk about low.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I'm entertaining the comments about Andy being sleezy. I have always liked Andy and thought he was a good person and also very bright. He made Bravo a big success. Even Oprah has had issues doing that with her network.

But, I'm trying to decide if he is really immoral or just seizing the opportunity to air trashy discord that many people apparently love to watch. I compare it to professional wrestling like the WWE. They have characters, story lines, good guys, bad guys, fake fights, etc. People pick their favorites and cheer then on. Much like Housewives. The thing is that even in that fake wrestling, people sometimes do really get hurt. Sometimes they suffer very serious injuries. I think it's the same with Housewives. Sometimes they really do get hurt, even though much of it is fake. They know what they sign up for though. I will admit, sometimes when I'm watching, I feel a little sick. lol
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ... I compare it to professional wrestling like the WWE. They have characters, story lines, good guys, bad guys, fake fights, etc. People pick their favorites and cheer then on. Much like Housewives...
    What a great comparison. I can see that.
    I used to wonder at how these players on reality shows could bare themselves and their lives open to the viewers so easily. Now, I tend to think that it is so easy because it isn't really them but a front (like you said, a character with a good/bad guy angle and roles to play). As for getting hurt for real... I think that probably comes from getting mired down too deep into the fakery.
    Bethanny seemed to have so much with her family, but the value didn't register with her for whatever reason(s). Much of what we see of serial reality show players reminds me of a saying I read recently: create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.
    mayamaisha and Dragonlady like this.
    remember to play

Basically, I feel sorry for Bethanny. My heart goes out to Jason and his family. But I have a feeling, they will recover and find a good life.
    I'm not sure about Bethanny.
    And we have no way of knowing how little Bryn will be affected by all this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Basically, I feel sorry for Bethanny. My heart goes out to Jason and his family. But I have a feeling, they will recover and find a good life.
    I'm not sure about Bethanny.
    And we have no way of knowing how little Bryn will be affected by all this.
    I feel so sad for Jason. It's pretty clear that he loves Bethenny very much -- and my guess is that he did everything in his power to make the relationship and marriage work. I think he'll be heartbroken for a long time --- although I also think that in the future, as soon as he's ready, he'll get snapped up very easily by some lucky woman. (And who knows --- that lucky woman might even be Bethenny. Some couples do separate/divorce and then later on, get back together.)

I feel very sad for Bethenny too. She's incredibly hard on herself and those close to her, and she can't seem to deal very well with people's imperfections (her own, included). I believe she loved and probably still does love Jason very much. But for whatever reason, she just could not make it work. Unlike a number of people, I don't like Bethenny any less because of this. We ALL, EVERY ONE OF US, have flaws and failings --- Bethenny was brave enough to allow hers to be shown publicly, and it has cost her a lot to do that. I just hope that, as much as I would love to follow along with her life (as we've all been allowed to do up until now), that in the future, she keeps her private life private.

And in regard to Brynn, although it will be a little unsettling for her at times, the most important thing is that this little girl is loved madly by everyone around her. I think she'll be just fine, because divorced or together, both of her parents seem to be committed to making this transition as easy on her as possible.

I'm sorry, but I just can't feel sorry for Bethenny. I did early on when she was seeking love and a family. Well, she got that and more: $multi-millions, husband, daughter, loving inlaws. What did she do with it?

My Bethenny sympathy cup is empty now.
    MsDiva2007, Coco46, Debb70 and 2 others like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I am not heartless enough to not feel for Bethenny but I will no longer consider myself as one of her legions of fans either. 2 failed marriages 2 broken engagements; perhaps the fault lies with her. I know this family; good , sane, rational loving people. If I had a daughter I would want her to marry a guy like Jason.
    I understand being driven to success and I admire that trait but how much is enough???? I had a very good friend who had lived for year making $30,000 a year & lived a happy and comfortable lifestyle. He later found a job where he made $200,000 and it totally changed his personality. He was not a person I wanted to be around. When the $200,000 wasn't enough he didn't care who he stepped on or who he hurt. He made too many enemies in doing this and ended up losing that job, lost everything & was reduced to living in his car.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I heard Paula Dean say that she always has in the back of her mind that she could lose it all and be penniless at anytime. She says she recalls the days she had nothing and takes nothing for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I heard Paula Dean say that she always has in the back of her mind that she could lose it all and be penniless at anytime. She says she recalls the days she had nothing and takes nothing for granted.
    Thanks for that, a nice comparison to Bethenny's perpetual victim-hood. Paula (if I remember correctly) left her abusive husband (maybe he left her ) and she was alone with her two little boys. She said all she knew how to do well was cook, so she started making lunch boxes for the boys to take around town and sell. Paula had become agoraphobic, couldn't leave her house. As her lunches became more in demand, her confidence grew, and her little home business grew, and look at how far she's come! She's "real people" from everything I've seen/read/heard, and it's heartwarming - as well as encouraging. Bethenny, on the other hand, is such a HUGE letdown. On RHoNY I cried when she cried, laughed when she laughed, really pulled for her life to turn around. Which it did. And it seems she's kicked it to the curb.
    Debb70 likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread