+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    So, I've seen a few older episodes of the NY housewives show which included Bethenny. It was not really enough to give me a good idea of what she was like, but I've watched her on Andy's show and so on, so I've always been a little curious about her. Especially with all the stuff she and Jill went through.

What is this tragic background everybody speaks of? I think I heard her father was Bobby Frankel, a horse trainer I knew of years ago through my interest in thoroughbred racing. He became somewhat successful, I believe, only I don't remember right now the name of the first important race winner he trained.

So can anybody sort of summarize her traumatic childhood, or is there reading I can do on old threads here to get a better idea of why she seems to be so challenged in life? Seems to have a pretty good life to me, but then I wouldn't want those cameras around all the time, lol.
    Apparently Bethenny and her biological father (Frankel) were estranged, and he had little input into her life. Whether or not this was due to the fighting between her mother/father, who knows? Her mother (according to Bethenny) didn't care about her, and Bethenny talks of her many rich boyfriends and allowing her to party at the clubs in NYC as a young teenager. Seems Bethenny walked on the wild side, wasn't close at all with her father (hence the tears and conflict when he died a couple of seasons ago), and ended up not speaking to her mother either. Dysfunctional with a capital D.
    kattatude likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Bethenny always painted her mother as a toxic person. Someone who really didn't show her love or care about her at all. I used to believe it. Now, I'm not so sure. Bethenny also said her father never reached out to her. I don't think she ever saw him but a handful of times. That's how she painted that relationship. She did go and see her father on his deathbed, but no words were said to heal them from the lifelong estrangement, according to Bethenny.

I didn't see Bethenny on Ellen, but from what I've heard, I'm glad. I don't have faith in much she says anymore. She has a way of spinning things in her favor. Right now she is in damage control mode and seeking sympathy. I have none left for her.
    Coco46, SugarMama and AlwaysVeg like this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see her on Ellen, either, and I don't mean to be harsh (I was a huge Bethenny fan at first, so it's not like I never cared for her, nor do I hate her now), but I think she is very clever at playing the victim and using the media to make herself look good. Of course getting divorced makes a person feel bad, even like a failure, unless they are a complete cold-hearted ogre, which I don't think she is. I just feel like a good bit of her bemoaning in the media amounts to crocodile tears. She is so achievement-oriented that I think that's more why she feels like a failure, rather than that she is losing the family she always said she wanted.

Bethenny is like an "all or nothing" person. She worked on the marriage by being a stay-at-home mom and wife for 6 months? Who said you have to do that to have a successful marriage or be a good mom? She was trying to deflect the criticism that it's her obsession with achieving and succeeding in the business and entertainment worlds that wrecked her family. Plus, it was only 6 months, with the knowledge on her part and Jason's that she soon would consumed with her new TV show. She has no idea how to create balance in her life. If she did, perhaps none of this would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

I know from experience that when a family loses one of the kids, those remaining tend to be even closer, like Jason and his parents.
    I had completely forgotton about the brother who died.... I was kinda down on Jason for not giving Bethenny more breathing room from the parents, me thinking he was a bit of a mama's boy. Now I get it. And Bethenny should have also.
    jucamer likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

But Bethenny couldn't. Because she had a traumatic childhood. She's the only one. Losing a child / brother doesn't count ... because SHE is the one with the trauma.
    norealityhere and AlwaysVeg like this.

AcookerTV, you're so right...it isn't an age thing but it usually happens with age, as we start to realize what's really important in life. You can't just want it, yo have to work at getting it and keeping it.
    The poor girl just doesn't get it...like when she says she was like a stay at home mom for 6 months...that doesn't magically make a good marriage. I remember times when she and JAson were talking together and she would be so antagonistic...or if that didn't work, she'd try the sympathy card....staying at home for 6 months, acting like that doesn't create a good marriage.

I saw videos of her on the Ellen show....and I think some of her words/actions showed her remorse but I also saw someone who needed the acceptance of "people out there."
    I was shocked at all she has done. Shocked because she seems to have incredible energy and business savvy but how much do you need to do be successful and very well off ($)?
    This was what I read:

To this day, Frankel operates largely independent of Bravo, the network that put her on the air in 2008 on The Real Housewives of New York. Under her personal business umbrella called Bethenny Frankel, the reality star has amassed a fiercely loyal social media following (Twitter, Facebook and Bethenny.com), lucrative endorsement deals (Pampers, Bluefly, Hanes), a successful publishing franchise, a Body by Bethenny workout DVD, Skinnygirl extensions (including a shapewear line, a diet cleanse and weight-loss supplements), speaking engagements, a stint on ABC's Skating With the Stars and, of course, that epic liquor deal. It is likely Frankel ranks among reality TV's wealthiest self-made stars.

How Bethenny Frankel Used Her Reality Show to Make $120 Million - The Hollywood Reporter
    That's a lot of work...and some had to have been done during the Stay at Home Mom time. She just has her employees come to her rather than go out like always.
    I used to really like Bethanny. I really wanted her to see some good times but now I"m just sad for her. She has it all and yet she's not happy. Will she ever allow herself to be happy?
    jucamer likes this.

well, rats!
    forget what I wrote above because if the following is true then I know any good feelings I had for Bethanny are gone.

This is what I read:
    But in a sign that she's ready to move on, the Skinnygirl mogul's 6.5 carats engagement bling was most definitely off as she left Los Angeles airport on Wednesday.

The 42-year-old was heading back to New York after a tearful interview on Ellen Degeneres' chat show about the downfall of her marriage.

Her outing comes amid claims she's grown close to an unnamed co-worker within her Skinnygirl empire.

An insider told RadarOnline that the relationship began unravelling several months ago when Jason allegedly observed her strengthening bond with her colleague.

'Bethenny just stopped communicating with Jason and he saw her completely withdraw from the relationship,' the source said.

'The colleague has become a trusted confidante of Bethenny's and the two have become very close friends.'

Jason also allegedly believes that Bethenny spent time with the single co-worker during a New Year's holiday with their 2-year-old daughter Bryn in Aspen.

The source said that Jason recently observed her interact with the man 'the way she used to with him.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2HejU58Fh

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

With all of the completely untrue lies that are printed in these rags about pretty much every celebrity, I think the least we can do is not to believe this kind of stuff until it is actually shown to have any truth to it.

FORT Fogey

True or not, remember a few weeks ago where I commented that a fight over money could get tricky between Bethenny and Jason because he could make a real case for arguing that he helped her to make all the money with Skinny Girl? Often, when these kind of stories come out surrounding a divorce, it's because people close to the two involved are leaking them to fight the "public opinion" battle in the divorce. The stories that have come out are starting to indicate that it won't be a friendly split, and there COULD be a big battle over the money.

Anyone catch the story of the split in the recent People magazine? OMG. Bethenny has her people out doing her damage control. It was so sympathetic to poor little Bethenny. It was definitely biased in her favor. It's about the third article I have read like that. I think that true fans of Bethenny don't buy that garbage. It makes me angry that she is doing this. I guess it doesn't matter. I don't have to ever watch her again.

One good thing I read in the article is that Bethenny convinced them that she had to move back to NY to film her upcoming talk show. It was supposed to be filmed in LA. This way she can stay in her NY home. I can't help but believe that Bethenny knew that if she insisted on staying in LA with Bryn, Jason would have filed for primary custody and won.
    Coco46 and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread