+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I don't really think that Bethenny's drive, ambition, work ethic, etc. was the primary cause of her failed marriage. Bethenny just seems like a person who will not allow herself to be happy or her partner to be happy. Some people are just like that.

I base my opinion on all the observations of Bethenny from her years at Housewives and her own show, her interviews, her therapy sessions, the way she dealt with assistants friends and family. I see a person who just can't settle into happiness. We can debate the cause forever, but I know people who grew up in good and loving homes who are the same way. I think she is a person who will eventually exhaust you to death. How can you live with someone like that? Poor Bryn.

I have bought my last issue of US Weekly. Bethenny and Jason are on the cover. It sounds like Bethenny or her publicist wrote it. It's so pro Bethenny that it stinks. OH, they did the same thing about their article on Emily Maynard and Jeff in this issue. Did you know the poor thing was fooled by Jeff's lies? The part about her sexting another man was hidden inside the article with little emphasis. I figure the ladies paid for those lopsided stories. lol The stories didn't change my opinion of these women, but only confirmed that this magazine has gone whackadoodle.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't really think that Bethenny's drive, ambition, work ethic, etc. was the primary cause of her failed marriage. Bethenny just seems like a person who will not allow herself to be happy or her partner to be happy. Some people are just like that.

I base my opinion on all the observations of Bethenny from her years at Housewives and her own show, her interviews, her therapy sessions, the way she dealt with assistants friends and family. I see a person who just can't settle into happiness. We can debate the cause forever, but I know people who grew up in good and loving homes who are the same way. I think she is a person who will eventually exhaust you to death. How can you live with someone like that? Poor Bryn.

I have bought my last issue of US Weekly. Bethenny and Jason are on the cover. It sounds like Bethenny or her publicist wrote it. It's so pro Bethenny that it stinks. OH, they did the same thing about their article on Emily Maynard and Jeff in this issue. Did you know the poor thing was fooled by Jeff's lies? The part about her sexting another man was hidden inside the article with little emphasis. I figure the ladies paid for those lopsided stories. lol The stories didn't change my opinion of these women, but only confirmed that this magazine has gone whackadoodle.
    Bethenny thrives on... no "survives" on conflict, it seems, and just doesn't seem to be able to contemplate peace in her life. Perhaps it's ingrained in her from childhood But you're right, poor Bryn
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I wonder what those who are closest to Bethenny and Bryn think about Bryn staying in the primary care of Bethenny. Do they really feel that that is the best for Bryn? A child needs its mother, but is she really giving Bryn what she needs? I wonder. A smart mouthed, chaotic, and discontented parent only harms a child. So are we to believe that Bethenny turns that side of herself off when with Bryn and she's only like that everywhere else? Right.

FORT Fogey

While I don't think that a woman should be forced to choose between her family and career, I do believe it's a matter of balance. None of us is in Bethenny's head or even part of her inner circle, but I think it's pretty plain that she is acting out of her issues from childhood and carrying them forward instead of resolving to break the pattern that she herself experienced as a child with a whacked-out family by whom she was not treated as important as she should have been, and of which she is so clearly a product. Yes, I do think at some point a parent, whether mother or father, could say, "I have enough money. I want to focus on my child, to make sure she grows into a happy and well-adjusted human being who isn't spending what little free time she has in a therapist's office complaining about her parents"! Does that mean she would have to give up every future career ambition she might have? No, of course not. It just means finding a good sense of balance, maybe taking on projects that don't consume the majority of her time, leaving ample quality time for a relationship with spouse and child. It reminds me of that old saying about how no one on their deathbed ever wishes they had spent more time working ... they wish they had spent more time with those who loved them and who they loved. Family and children are a precious gift -- take that from someone who has neither -- and not something to be taken for granted and tossed aside in favor of ambition, notoriety, and financial success.

FORT Fogey

It's sad to say, but I think the good news for Bryn is that her parents are getting divorced when she's young enough that the likelihood Jason will remarry are high. If he is truly the family focused man he's portrayed to be, there is hope he'll look for a woman who will accept Bryn as a very important part of her life. She shouldn't replace Bethenny as Bryns mom, but can be another positive female role model. Maybe that will off set some of the crazy that is Bethenny
    Coco46, Debb70 and SugarMama like this.

I hope that in 20 years Bryn is not refusing to speak to Bethenny and exhibiting the same feelings toward Bethenny that Bethenny has toward her mom for years. I realize it's sometimes necessary to cut off contact with toxic people. It makes you wonder.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hope that in 20 years Bryn is not refusing to speak to Bethenny and exhibiting the same feelings toward Bethenny that Bethenny has toward her mom for years. I realize it's sometimes necessary to cut off contact with toxic people. It makes you wonder.
    Bethenny does in some ways appear to be her mother redeux (same old story "mirror, mirror on the wall - I am my mother afterall"). I think Bethenny wants to that awesome, nurturing mother, but truthfully does she even know how? Since she felt her own mother was a trainwreck, how would she model that mother figure for Bryn?

Hoping Jason and his parents can keep a lifeline on Bryn for the coming storms. Hate to sound so bleak Guess it's the weather.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Yes, I hope that Bryn's grandmother can be close to her emotionally. I had a super, wonderful, loving, totally devoted grandmother as a child and great-grandmother! They lived together and along with my papa and papee, I was so blessed. Those strong bonds from the beginning were crucial for me. My paternal grandparents were great too, but they weren't as close by and they had more grandchildren than my maternal ones.

FORT Fogey

SugarMama, I think you are exactly right about the question of whether or not Bethenny knows how to be a good nurturing mom. I think she's got the focus on having fun with Bryn and giving her great memories down pat. But that's more being a wonderful aunt than a mom. A mom has to teach and nurture, and since Bethenny never had that its very likely she does not know how. Too bad, because Jason's mom could have been a mentor to her in that front if only Bethenny would have stopped thinking about hersel for a minute to see that
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Bethenny does in some ways appear to be her mother redeux (same old story "mirror, mirror on the wall - I am my mother afterall"). I think Bethenny wants to that awesome, nurturing mother, but truthfully does she even know how? Since she felt her own mother was a trainwreck, how would she model that mother figure for Bryn?Hoping Jason and his parents can keep a lifeline on Bryn for the coming storms. Hate to sound so bleak Guess it's the weather.
    I agree it can be harder to be a good mom to one's child when your mom was not a good role model, but Bethenny has been going to therapy for years, apparently (largely a waste of money in her case) ... plus she has the ability to read, to think, and to look around to find good maternal role models she can learn from, so it's not hopeless. She just doesn't put the energy into it, and that says a lot about her and her priorities. To put it bluntly, I think celebrity and getting public attention and a sense of importance from that (the sense of importance she lacked in her childhood) mean more to her than focusing on her child and marriage.

+ Reply to Thread