+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I am basing this solely on the number of F-Bombs that are dropped in almost every show Bravo does including Top Chef.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I watch some shows on Bravo but still I think the channel had a sleaze factor....and I agree about the language..........even those words are always "bleeped," anyone can figure out what was said....
    wish I could use more descriptive words besides sleaze factor but that's really what taints it........and Mr Andy, himself, is a good reason why it has that impression.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Unfortunately, nowadays so many of the channels (mostly the cable channels) have a sleaze factor. For me VH1 and MTV come to mind as the worst, but even channels like TLC and Oxygen have tons of sleazy shows -- not to mention so many of the other channels that have shows that are extremely violent. And for me, personally, I'm a whole lot more comfortable with channels like Bravo that may have some sexiness and swear words, than I am with channels that have show, after show, after show, that promote freaky behavior and violence (violence among people, and the shows that have animal cruelty, like people killing animals, and animals killing other animals). To me, the violence is just too painful to watch.
    Prism likes this.

Hey we are all guilty of dropping the occasional accidental F-Bomb. Thing is I am aware I did it & feel awful about it especially if it is in front of kids or older people. These people drop that word like it was..okay another way too overused word...."like". I find myself watching less & less Bravo TV & completely stopped TLC because I hate their shows.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think my post and sentiments were based on what I see on Bravo.......I really don't watch MTV, VH1 or some of those other ones....saw about 5 minutes of these alligator hunters and that was 5 minutes too many.
    I guess I just didn't realize how much is out there in CableLand. Also 5 wasted minutes of Honey Boo Boo.
    I don't even care for the Pawn Store show......although I adore Frank and Mike on American Pickers. Haven't heard even one bleeped word there.

The F word does not bother me so much. But shut the F up is highly bothersome because it is directed disrepect.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    The F word does not bother me so much. But shut the F up is highly bothersome because it is directed disrepect.
    One thing that's rare in reality shows is respect. That's for sure. I don't think most them know what it means. lol

I just saw that Bethenny and Jason are filing for divorce soon. I do wonder if they will wait until after Christmas. Sad for Bryn. I read on Radar that she was seen not wearing her ring in NY last week.
    I hope the move to LA and the new talk show were worth it to her. Of course, it could not be true, but I bet it is. Time will tell.

FORT Fogey

Haven't there been reports that they wer divorcing since about six months after they got married?

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Haven't there been reports that they wer divorcing since about six months after they got married?
    I'm not sure about 6 months into marriage, but I think they started with the fights the couple had on the reality show. I think that made it clear just how difficult it was for them to stay together. I didn't notice if she had her ring on the other week on Andy. She gave a short answer when asked how it was doing and said he was away playing golf. Bethenny makes no secret of how difficult she is to live with.

It's their business, but depriving Bryn of a close relationship with her only grandparents seemed selfish to me. I really hope Bryn doesn't grow up without being close to extended family the way Bethenny did. Because she never had it, I don't think she understands how valuable it is.
    jucamer and Catch22 like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't think we can assume that everything we see on camera regarding their family is true reality. We know from interviews that have happened on WWHL that a lot of scenarios are "created" for drama on the Bravo reality shows. So there's no way of knowing if Bethenny's conflict over the amount of time that Bryn spends with her grandparents are real, or drama for TV. As for the rumors of divorce, I think they're still flimsy. Maybe they will split, but i'll believe it when they make an announcement or file. I read one of hte stories claiming they are near divorce. It gave evidence such as Bethenny spending most of ht Summer in the Hamptons while Jason was in the city. The article tried to spin that as evidence that they were separated ... but there are A LOT of couples on the east coast who have a vacation home for the Summer who do exactly what Bethenny and Jason did. The spouse who doesn't work spends all summer at hte vacation home with the kids, while the working spouse goes back and forth. That's not a sign of marital problems. That's a sign of a normal privileged life on the east coast.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread