+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Bethenny has always had a very unfortunate look about her. I don't find her to be attractive at all. Her bone structure is kind of funny. The woman has always looked like a starvation victim to me.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I guess when you make a fortune with a brand called Skinny Girl, that's what you've got to be!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007
    Bethenny has always had a very unfortunate look about her. I don't find her to be attractive at all. Her bone structure is kind of funny. The woman has always looked like a starvation victim to me.
    I think she's strikingly pretty in unconvential kind of way. She has a memorable face and I don't think she resembles an anorexic, but rather someone who eats in a disciplined way and exercises.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Bethenny talks about losing Bryn's little sister in excerpt in UsMag article from her July Glamour magazine interview:

USMagazine: Bethenny Frankel Opens Up About Recent Miscarriage: "I Blamed Myself"

Bethenny Frankel is typically an open book about her life, but kept the details of a recent miscarriage to herself -- until now.

The 41-year-old found out she was expecting her second child with husband Jason Hoppy, but received sad news shortly into her pregnancy.

"Because my first pregnancy had been complicated, and because I was over 40, the doctor told me that I was "high risk" and needed to take it easy. So I took it so easy. I had to," she explains in Glamour magazine's July issue, on newsstands today. "I was still bleeding, and I was nauseated and uncomfortable—'way worse than last time,' I said to Jason. I felt seven months pregnant even though I was six weeks along. And because we hadn’t planned this, I felt unprepared, like we had so much to do to get ready for this baby. Still, I was excited, if cautiously so, with the words high risk ringing in my ears."

Unfortunately, Frankel suffered a miscarriage. Her doctor told her, " 'You're 41. You had bleeding. There's nothing you could have done.' And I hadn't done anything," she says. "Since I'd found out, I'd been lying down for an hour or two every day and lettings others take up the slack. But I blamed myself—of course I did."

And 10 days later, the Bravo star got a call from her doctor revealing she would have had a baby girl. "He told me that the tests came back as 'female fetus, normal.' He was reading off a chart, reassuring me that there wasn't some chromosomal abnormality. But all I heard was 'female,' and I fell to pieces."

The Bravo star and new host of her own talk show is already the proud mother of daughter Bryn, 2, with her husband. "I was picturing Bryn with a little sister," she recalls. "Two little girls in rain boots."

"Afterward, I went through a range of emotions. There was something so sad about it—that there had been a life there, and then suddenly it was not there," Frankel explains. "There was also, I have to admit, a bit of relief that I wouldn't be starting my new TV job seven months pregnant. And then there was immense guilt at the relief."

As for whether or not she'll try to have a second child again, Frankel says it's not really up to her to decide.

"I'm healthy and could try again. But I don't want to be a 'trying' person. If it's meant to be, it will happen."

Bethenny Frankel Opens Up About Recent Miscarriage: "I Blamed Myself" - UsMagazine.com
    So sad. It would have been so sweet for Bryn to have a little sister to go through life with.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

But it still could happen for them. And it will always be a blessing, no matter when it does occur.

Is this show not returning to Bravo?
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

I don't think so. I think I remember reading that Bethenny decided that since Brynn was getting to an age where being on TV would matter and could effect her, that she was going to give it up.

Bethenny's talk show (which is being executive produced by Ellen Degeneres) was picked up by FOX nationwide and, I believe, will be starting next Fall. So, it looks like she won't be doing 'Bethenny Ever After' anymore. I wonder why Bravo isn't the network that's airing Bethenny's talk show --- that seems like a natural combination, and Bravo has had great success with Kathy Griffin's talk show --- so I wonder why they're not airing Bethenny's. Either way, I'm just so happy that Bethenny will be on the airwaves every weekday because, like her or not, she's hilarious, and last summer, during her 6 week test run, she had a FABULOUSLY ENTERTAINING show every day.

I am glad she decided to stop doing the reality show & focus on the talk show. Finally parents with brains!

I guess why her show is on Fox rather than Bravo I would suppose because it will most likely be a daily daytime show with daytime talk. Bravo is the total opposite & I would doubt they would give her a daily slot. I would think if Bravo were to have it part of their network the subject matter would have to be pretty much R-rated. I am sure she doesn't want that image protrayed to Bryn & I applaud that.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am glad she decided to stop doing the reality show & focus on the talk show. Finally parents with brains!

I guess why her show is on Fox rather than Bravo I would suppose because it will most likely be a daily daytime show with daytime talk. Bravo is the total opposite & I would doubt they would give her a daily slot. I would think if Bravo were to have it part of their network the subject matter would have to be pretty much R-rated. I am sure she doesn't want that image protrayed to Bryn & I applaud that.
    It's interesting that Bravo gives off the appearance of being an R rated network, but that's not really the case at all. Bravo does have a few shoes that go in the direction of R ratings once in a while, but for the most part, I think their shows are anywhere from PG to G. They have tons of cooking shows (all the different Top Chef shows + Life After Top Chef) and decorating shows (Million Dollar Decorator + Flipping Out) and real estate shows (the NY and LA Million Dollar Listings shows), and fashion shows (the Rachel Zoe Project, the Brad Goreski show), plus all their other shows like: Start Ups: Silicon Valley, LOLWork, Gallery Girls, Don't Be Tardy For the Wedding, Inside the Actors Studio, etc. Of course it's true that some of their Real Housewives franchises sometimes reveal too much information, but I think their only really R rated show would be the Kathy Griffin talk show that's on once a week --- or her occasional specials.

+ Reply to Thread