+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Bethenny Ever After

"Bethenny" premieres June 11

STATE CITY STATION CH. WEEKDAYS
    ARIZONA Phoenix KSAZ 10 11:00AM
    CALIFORNIA Los Angeles KTTV 11 2:00PM
    MINNESOTA Minneapolis KMSP 9 10:00AM
    NEW YORK New York WNYW 5 11:00AM
    PENNSYLVANIA Philadelphia WTXF 29 11:00AM
    TEXAS Dallas KDFW 4 1:00PM
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Great post PA Snow Bunny! I think that you've also hit the nail on the head over what makes the difference between a true business person, and someone who strikes it rich through luck. The lady who invented Spanx is a billionaire now. She did it by inventing one great product, and building on it. She didn't say "Spanx are huge now, so lets go into dresses and shoes!" Steve Jobs made a fortune on computers. He didn't then say "Lets get into magazine publishing now!" Mark Zukerburg invented Facebook, made a fortune, and continued to build on Facebook. He didn't decide to get into movies, or farming. Entreprenuers who become billionaires create one great thing, and build on that one brand. The people who take a "strike while the iron is hot" philosophy like Bethenny, stretch themselves too thin, and end up fizzling out on every product. If Bethenny does it smart, she'll make good investments, and save enough money that it won't matter. If she stops selling things, she'll still be able to live off what she's made. If she's not careful though, she'll spend and invest in all these new ideas thinking the money and brand will always be there ... and be back to living her one bedroom apartment life before she knows it!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Great post PA Snow Bunny! I think that you've also hit the nail on the head over what makes the difference between a true business person, and someone who strikes it rich through luck. The lady who invented Spanx is a billionaire now. She did it by inventing one great product, and building on it. She didn't say "Spanx are huge now, so lets go into dresses and shoes!" Steve Jobs made a fortune on computers. He didn't then say "Lets get into magazine publishing now!" Mark Zukerburg invented Facebook, made a fortune, and continued to build on Facebook. He didn't decide to get into movies, or farming. Entreprenuers who become billionaires create one great thing, and build on that one brand. The people who take a "strike while the iron is hot" philosophy like Bethenny, stretch themselves too thin, and end up fizzling out on every product. If Bethenny does it smart, she'll make good investments, and save enough money that it won't matter. If she stops selling things, she'll still be able to live off what she's made. If she's not careful though, she'll spend and invest in all these new ideas thinking the money and brand will always be there ... and be back to living her one bedroom apartment life before she knows it!
    Here's what Bethenny has to say on the subject (among other things regarding her business/es):

How do you make yourself into a brand?

Building a "brand," which is the most overused and misused business term these days, takes fortitude, vision and passion. You and your business need to stand for something and you know exactly what that something is. You could describe it with a simple explanation. All of your business decisions should adhere to what your business stands for. This is where it gets tricky because taking side trips and doing things for easy money (what I refer to as the low hanging fruit) are tempting but ultimately bad decisions. These are the ones to steer clear from.

You should also know where your brand will be in years to come. Obviously things can change, but you should have a clear vision. Skinnygirl is a brand that provides practical solutions for women. Plain and simple. I don't do something if it doesn't adhere to that. This doesn't mean that men don't like my products. It simply means that I have chosen a lane, and for the most part, I stay in that lane.
    My Advice on Running a Business - Bethenny Frankel
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

This advice is coming from a woman who started how many businesses that never took off. remember Bethenny Bakes anyone??? The only reason Skinny Girl did so well is mainly due to Bethenny's relationship with Bravo & RHWNY. Everybody was pulling for her when Jillzarin, The Countless & CazryKelly ganged up on her. We related to her & wanted her to be successful so we bought her products. With BEA we get to see all of Bethenny & perhaps we now understand her relationship with jillzarin.
    I like Bethenny & I wish her happiness & success but I am just not buying into her "act" so to speak. I guess I am past all of this.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

She is passionate about being skinny and margaritas. I do not buy diet foods or drink alcohol, but i do like the LADY commercials (mostly because of the Jackie O woman). So kudos to whoever did that.

I imagine I may record her show to see what is up. I think she has a knack for honesty. And that is appealing. We liked Oprah for that.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    This advice is coming from a woman who started how many businesses that never took off. remember Bethenny Bakes anyone??? The only reason Skinny Girl did so well is mainly due to Bethenny's relationship with Bravo & RHWNY. Everybody was pulling for her when Jillzarin, The Countless & CazryKelly ganged up on her. We related to her & wanted her to be successful so we bought her products. With BEA we get to see all of Bethenny & perhaps we now understand her relationship with jillzarin.
    I like Bethenny & I wish her happiness & success but I am just not buying into her "act" so to speak. I guess I am past all of this.
    She does say in the article that she learned the value of a solid business model from her mistakes and failures. It's obvious to me that she learned that lesson well and, her brand does not deviate from its mission statement: to provide products that offer practical solutions for women. Personally, I hope she comes out with a line of separates that are figure friendly for women of all ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    She is passionate about being skinny and margaritas. I do not buy diet foods or drink alcohol, but i do like the LADY commercials (mostly because of the Jackie O woman). So kudos to whoever did that.

I imagine I may record her show to see what is up. I think she has a knack for honesty. And that is appealing. We liked Oprah for that.
    Very true about Oprah but I don't ever recall Oprah treating her viewers to her peeing on a stick. Don't get me wrong I like Bethenny & hope she remains successful & happy. I am not a drinker so if I have 1 mixed drink a month a few extra calories don't really matter much. I also don't buy diet foods/supplements mainly because I have the opposite problem, I need to gain weight.

Like I have said earlier I hope she is successful but we probably never would have heard about Skinny Girl if it weren't for Bravo & dear Lord do I say it...jillzarin...sigh I did!
    Jexter and norealityhere like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Thank you, Poppy Fields!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I like Bethanny but she wears me out, just watching and she's still very delusional. I noticed when she was talking about getting the talk show, she said something about her crazy life as though these crazy, hurricane ways just happen because it's the way her life works. To me, her crazy hurricane life is that way because of her actions and needs.
    She creates the havoc and craziness herself. It doesn't JUST happen. Although I feel this way, it doesn't make me dislike her. I honestly think she believes the stories and excuses she uses.
    Shoepie, Debb70, sparklete and 1 others like this.

FORT Fan

I'd love to know if Julie was taken care off when Beam bought skinny girl. She said herself Julie helped build the brand and they wouldn't have made it without her. I wonder if she got a large bonus and raise? I'm wondering if not that it could be one of many reasons to leave.
    Prism and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread