+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fan

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

When my babies were babies I was only too thrilled to get a break & have some "me" time.
    When my sister had her first child she was working. When family got together it was almost impossible for anyone but her to hold the baby. When my mom (granny) brought it up my sister admitted that she feels as though she doesn't have enough time with the baby and really wanted to hold her when ever she got the chance. When she had her second she became a stay at home mom. When family got together she would talk about how great it was to have so many arms available to hold the baby. It's all relative and we all have different needs at different points in our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann View Post
    It's all relative and we all have different needs at different points in our lives.
    Very well stated. Jason and Bethanny are very different people, formed by very different circumstances. As long as they both remember that everyone's desire is to be close and love each other, I'm hoping they find some kind of compromise that suits them all. I can see and understand both, or rather, all 3 sides, of this bump in the road. They all have merit.

I think if Jasons parents moved to NYC Bethenny would move to California.

I do agree there has to be boundries set where everyone is comfortable. The issue I see is that alot of this is being discussed on national TV and most of the talking is Bethenny AT Jason & not TO him. I think Bethenny is viewing what she is saying in a positive light. Hey talking things out clamly is a good thing & so much better than remaining silent & resentful.
    I can see now Jasons family might be a bit hurt about the way Bethenny apparently feels about the bond between parent and child. That is a constantly evolving process and all parties need have some patience.
    The main goal everyone here wants to acheive is love.

FORT Fogey

The scene with Rachael Ray's crew at Bethenny's apartment was funny, if a bit weird, with both B and the baby's nurse (Gina?) hitting on the guys. At first I thought B was sizing up the producer as a potential date for Julie, but it was a bit inappropriate for her to go on and on like that about how cute he was to the point of her being distracted, even though I know she was just kidding. I like when he finally told her he could get her a female producer if she'd feel more comfortable with that. The sound guy looked like he wanted to get the he!! out of there when Gina was trying to flirt with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    The scene with Rachael Ray's crew at Bethenny's apartment was funny, if a bit weird, with both B and the baby's nurse (Gina?) hitting on the guys. At first I thought B was sizing up the producer as a potential date for Julie, but it was a bit inappropriate for her to go on and on like that about how cute he was to the point of her being distracted, even though I know she was just kidding. I like when he finally told her he could get her a female producer if she'd feel more comfortable with that. The sound guy looked like he wanted to get the he!! out of there when Gina was trying to flirt with him.
    That was funny! They did look very uncomfortable, who'd blame them? I wonder if they demanded hazardous duty pay?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I have been a Bethenny fan for a long time. I really love the girl, but she really can be her own worst enemy. Whether it is from her childhood, personality, etc., she herself acknowledges that she can be difficult. It makes for an amuzsng tv show, but I would imagine it would get old after awhile in real life.

I'm glad she is getting therapy to help her control herself. If she continues with the overly controlling, nit picking behavior, I think her relationship with her child will be effected.

I hope she realizes that taking their daughter from a place near grandparents, for the sake of business is really a bad idea. Sometimes you really have to do it because of finances, medical problems, etc.. I realize that, but LA seems like the last place to be condusive for raising kids in the biz.

Coming from a family of wonderful grandparents and great grandparents, I can't say how important they are to kids. IMO you can't over do it. LOL I can see her point on the number of visits, but it's important that they see Bryn while she is little. Once she gets older and has social engagments, school events, etc. Those visits may not be possible.

FORT Newbie

Hello all, this is my first post.

Does anyone who has been watching Bethenney since her RH days know how she was supporting herself in the 17-year interim between leaving college and landing Housewives?

I've been curious for a while now and haven't been able to put my finger on it. I know she tried to be a chef/caterer but I wasn't under the impression that she made a living at it. There were also other references to restaurant or hotel jobs I think but they seemed to be mostly low level gigs, not career stuff.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Hi, and Calanthe!

Bethenny is a natural foods chef and author. She graduated from New York University and The Natural Gourmet Institute in New York. Before she appeared in the reality show, she starred in the 1994 movie Hollywood Hills 90028 and acted in the 1995 movie Wish Me Luck. She was a contestant and the first runner-up on The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. She was a regular contributor to NBC's coverage of the 2009 Kentucky Derby and 2009 Preakness Stakes, and Bravo's coverage of the 2009 Kentucky Oaks.

In 2009 Bethenny created BethennyBakes, a company that offered a line of wheat, egg and dairy-free baked goods that was carried in of retail outlets. This company ceased production in 2010 when she launched the Skinnygirl brand.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Newbie

Thank you for the warm welcome, Poppy Fields.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Calanthe View Post
    Hello all, this is my first post.

Does anyone who has been watching Bethenney since her RH days know how she was supporting herself in the 17-year interim between leaving college and landing Housewives?

I've been curious for a while now and haven't been able to put my finger on it. I know she tried to be a chef/caterer but I wasn't under the impression that she made a living at it. There were also other references to restaurant or hotel jobs I think but they seemed to be mostly low level gigs, not career stuff.
    I don't know timelines but I know that when she lived in L.A. she worked as a hostess in a restaurant in Beverly Hills and worked as a nanny to Paris and Nicky Hilton. She and Kyle Richards have talked about how long they have known each other.

Luann has mentioned that she knew Bethenny from her catering days. I think that she was reasonably successful - just more successful as a real housewife and skinny girl

+ Reply to Thread