+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I didn't have the greatest childhood growing up.I am the baby of the family with my closest sibling being almost 6 years older than I am. No my parents weren't abusive in fact they were to the point of smothering. Then they found Jesus...sigh...then my Mom almost died and then my Dad almost died 2 months after then they REALLY found Jesus. At 16 I was pretty much the breadwinner of the family until I graduated high school. I went to school in the mornings then on to an office job & then a restaurant all while still maintaining a near perfect average. I had a full scholarship to Penn State as a Biology major. I was "allowed" to attend my 1st year since I could attend a local Penn State branch. The following year my parents out & out refused to help me go to Main Campus. It was my "responsibility" to take care of them. I ended up settling for an Associates Degree. Then the 1st boy who blew in my ear...I was GONE....married within a year had a baby the next. I married the wrong man but I can't undo what I did 30 years ago. I wouldn't give up my kids for ANYTHING but I do wish I knew then what I know now.
    Very impressive story. You are a smarty pants .... can tell by your posts .

Kids marry so young and with little thought. My kids are 22 and 23 and many of their friends are startying to marry. Some already are married! Crazy. I have worked hard at advising them to be proactive in their own lives and to be on firmly on their own feet first before marrying. Cross fingers. I hope they do as I say and not as I do/did.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Has anyone heard of an impending divorce being filed. Jason is contending that Bethenny has been having an affair. Oh my. It's too bad too. It didn't have to go that way. I hope the story is untrue, but I can't help but think of what Dr. Phill says. It's better to be from a broken home than live in a broken home.

Bethenny & Jason Hoppy Heading For Divorce: Frankel Has 'Iron Clad' Prenup | Radar Online
    "Where there is smoke, there is fire" rings true quite often. Even from the rag mags. I would be very surprised if they don't divorce.
    Debb70 likes this.

The "story" of them getting divorced seems questionable to me. Hope they are just seeing lawyers re changes to pre-nup or other legal stuff and people just jumped to conclusions. That would make me very sad. I like both of them...in their own ways.
    But I'm surprised to learn she is living in CA all summer while filming her talk show. Geeze, how much does she want before she feels she's accomplished something of importance? If I had her $, I would def not do something else that would mean splitting apart a little family for months. Even if I didn't have her money, I wouldn't do it.
    The only thing in it for her to do a talk show is more attention on her. Makes her awfully needy still. Maybe she'll never feel filled up.
    With already having fame, fortune, a good man who loves you, a beautiful baby girl and a fab roomy apt, maybe she could do something that involved charity or helping others.
    I guess I'm judging her negatively...jumping the gun, per se but it saddens me.
    Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I read that she'll be living in LA for the filming of the talk show, but have not read that Jason and Brynn won't be there with her.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    The "story" of them getting divorced seems questionable to me. Hope they are just seeing lawyers re changes to pre-nup or other legal stuff and people just jumped to conclusions. That would make me very sad. I like both of them...in their own ways.
    But I'm surprised to learn she is living in CA all summer while filming her talk show. Geeze, how much does she want before she feels she's accomplished something of importance? If I had her $, I would def not do something else that would mean splitting apart a little family for months. Even if I didn't have her money, I wouldn't do it.
    The only thing in it for her to do a talk show is more attention on her. Makes her awfully needy still. Maybe she'll never feel filled up.
    With already having fame, fortune, a good man who loves you, a beautiful baby girl and a fab roomy apt, maybe she could do something that involved charity or helping others.
    I guess I'm judging her negatively...jumping the gun, per se but it saddens me.
    While I understand what you are saying, this bothers me a bit. I am a fairly successful, driven attorney. I have worked very hard and gone to school for a long time to attain what I have. But even more than all the schooling, I really love what I do. To the extent that I have made comments that even if I won the lottery, I would probably still work, although on a much reduced schedule. I love my children and my family, but I love my job too. I work very hard to balance everything so that everyone is happy, myself included. And I am a better mother and wife when I feel fulfilled and satisfied. I have a hard time when people make comments like "you have so much, you should be happy with x or y." Bottom line, only I know what will make me happy and that is not for others to judge. Now, what I will say to this, is that I will never choose my job over my children or my husband/marriage. And maybe that is the point you are making. But if Bethenney is balancing things, then who are we to judge what will or will not make her happy or satisfied? And I preface all of this by saying I have no idea if Bethenney IS balancing everything. But I do have a hard time when others, especially women, judge other women for their choices. Good or bad, they are our choices, aimed to make us happy and fulfilled. And they should be supported, not questioned simply because it is a different path than what you would have chosen. JMO.

Very sorry to see divorce stories; the ragazines are good at ferreting out this stuff, and most of the time they're right. Sad.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I am not buying it plus I haven't heard a word on the streets about it.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Time will tell.

Bethenny tweeted about being in LA with Jason and Brynn today.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Very sorry to see divorce stories; the ragazines are good at ferreting out this stuff, and most of the time they're right. Sad.
    I'm not sure they're so good at finding this stuff, how many times have they said Jennifer Aniston was "finally in having a baby!"?? Or that Angelina and Brad were engaged (which is true now but wasn't for years when it was being "reported")? There are lots of reasons people visit their lawyers - particularly business people.

I agree very much with KatesMom, it worries me when I see other women being judged for "putting their career first". Would we be making this judgement if Bethenny were a man? I'm sure Brynn is well cared for and nurtured and loved no matter who her primary caretaker is. I see no reason why Bethenny should feel obligated to suddenly stop being a business woman and just be "satisfied with what she's got."
    KatesMom and Poppy Fields like this.

+ Reply to Thread