+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, I was sad to hear that news. It would be convenient to blame her conduct on that, but I think she was like that long before. I know it sounds like I dislike her in my posts, but I really do like her. I've been a fan for a long time. It's just that after awhile, you start seeing things that used to be amusing and now they aren't. I really wish she could treat Jason as nice as some stranger she just met.
    Well, I was just trying to give Bethanny the benefit of the doubt in my post. And it is a very sad thing. Difficult to go through. I saw her on WWHLWAC a month or two ago. SHe was not wearing her wedding ring. That would have been right after the miscarriage I believe.

Anyway, I was a huge Bethanny fan while she was on the RHNY. Not so much afterwards.

I know Jill is a crazy self-entitled wack-a-doo on many levels, but I do think Bethanny gave her the shaft. Stories abound about Bethanny's behavior off-camera. She's tough and a bigger b-word than Jill ever was from what I've read.

FORT Fogey

I realized last night that Bethenny does treat Jason just like a stranger she met. When she meets strangers, she talks non-stop about herself assumng that is what they are interested in. When she is with Jason, or her staff, she talks non-stop about herself because she assumes that is what they care about. The difference is that a stranger, in a five minute conversation, is entertained and finds Bethenny amusing. Jason (or Julie, or others on her staff) eventually over time start to think "That's nice, but what about me. Have you noticed I have my own thoughts too?" That's where the tension comes from. I was floored last night when Bethenny had this major break through that maybe Jason doesn't WANT to work for her. As many times as he's said it all season long, she's just now figured it out? And I'll add, she didn't figure it out because she LISTENED to him. She figured it out in deciding how he was thinking herself. I usually squirm when they do the scenes with her therapist, because they seem so fake, and because I think he re-inforces her bad behavior too often. But I was cheering last night as he was holding her accountable for controlling people instead of listenng and encouraing them.
    Lizard and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Well, I was just trying to give Bethanny the benefit of the doubt in my post. And it is a very sad thing. Difficult to go through. I saw her on WWHLWAC a month or two ago. SHe was not wearing her wedding ring. That would have been right after the miscarriage I believe.

Anyway, I was a huge Bethanny fan while she was on the RHNY. Not so much afterwards.

I know Jill is a crazy self-entitled wack-a-doo on many levels, but I do think Bethanny gave her the shaft. Stories abound about Bethanny's behavior off-camera. She's tough and a bigger b-word than Jill ever was from what I've read.
    Maybe that is why they decided early to not renew. Must sound like empty chatter after awhile. Maybe she is aggravating the psychologist.
    You can do it!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I realized last night that Bethenny does treat Jason just like a stranger she met. When she meets strangers, she talks non-stop about herself assumng that is what they are interested in. When she is with Jason, or her staff, she talks non-stop about herself because she assumes that is what they care about. The difference is that a stranger, in a five minute conversation, is entertained and finds Bethenny amusing. Jason (or Julie, or others on her staff) eventually over time start to think "That's nice, but what about me. Have you noticed I have my own thoughts too?" That's where the tension comes from. I was floored last night when Bethenny had this major break through that maybe Jason doesn't WANT to work for her. As many times as he's said it all season long, she's just now figured it out? And I'll add, she didn't figure it out because she LISTENED to him. She figured it out in deciding how he was thinking herself. I usually squirm when they do the scenes with her therapist, because they seem so fake, and because I think he re-inforces her bad behavior too often. But I was cheering last night as he was holding her accountable for controlling people instead of listenng and encouraing them.
    I've noticed a lot of high up successful people like to talk about themselves non-stop and have trouble hearing others. Its all about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, I was sad to hear that news. It would be convenient to blame her conduct on that, but I think she was like that long before. I know it sounds like I dislike her in my posts, but I really do like her. I've been a fan for a long time. It's just that after awhile, you start seeing things that used to be amusing and now they aren't. I really wish she could treat Jason as nice as some stranger she just met.
    You're so right about that...with people she's just met she acts far better than the way she deals with Jason. And at times, I can see (or think I can) that it somewhat hurts Jason...sure he jokes about her b*ll breaking ways but people often joke about what really is important to them.
    I wish her therapist (whom I really like) could help her now focus more on her relationship with Jason than her past. I think it's obvious that the marriage is nearing a crisis situation....not there yet but traveling down that road. Bethanny really needs to tone down her derision of Jason...I get the feeling she views him as more of an opponent than a partner. Such a shame.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

She had very poor role models for what a good marriage is about, and in addition I'm sure was made to feel unimportant and overlooked as a child growing up ... which has made her a little too aggressive in seeking to be the center of attention and in control ... but I would think with all the therapy she's been getting, apparently for years, she would have made more progress. As someone who's had years of therapy for "childhood issues," too, I know there can be a tendency to just talk and talk about past history and never really get too far out of your comfort zone to confront how that is negatively impacting your current relationships, to take ownership of your own "automatic" behavior, and to get really proactive to change it. I don't know about her therapist. He seems a little too laid-back and vague to me, but then we only see a minute of their sessions here and there.

FORT Fogey

I was lucky in that I made it to adulthood without facing any major "childhood issues". I've had a few people close to me in life who were not so lucky. My observation in them has been that the ones who talk about the past and their issues often, and are very open about them continue to be a "victim" to those circumstances. It almost seems like they use the problems as an excuse for problems in their lives, and therefore don't need to fix them. I've had a couple of friends who I've found out after knowing them for a LONG time faced some big childhood issues growing up. I never would have guessed it from the way they live their lives and raise their own children, until circumstances led them to share experiences with me. My impression from them is that part of getting past those issues is to accept that everyone has obstacles, and they just had big ones. I think in many ways, Bethenny wants to cling to her childhood issues, because then when she screws up in her life, she can blame those issues instead of accepting responsibility. Her life won't get to where she wants it to be in all areas until she lets go of those issues, and focuses on overcoming them instead of depending on them for excuses.
    Lizard and AlwaysVeg like this.

I'm not sure I'm buying all of her "childhood issues" any longer. I think she just wants to talk about herself and be the center of attention. I didn't have much of a childhood growing up and I did do therapy in my early 20s. By the time I was 30 I was moving forward and putting it all in the past. You never forget the crappy childhood but you don't have to let define your life. It is what it is and you can't change the past.

It seems that Bethany needs someone or something to blame... that person now seems to be Jason. After the past couple of episodes, I think I'm pretty much over her.... the ME, ME, ME crap is becoming very boring and nauseating.
    norealityhere and AlwaysVeg like this.

Used to be I liked Bethenny a lot.

Now I'm trying to like her, but she just won't let me.
    Coco46 and AcookerTV like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

These last few posts have been completely brilliant! All really have Bethanny pegged perfectly and the observations/conclusions are so correct.
    Bethanny really needs to grow up, deal with her past but put more effort into the present and future. Unfortunately, all this attention she receives with her "dynasty" will not aid her but continue to keep her in her defined personality. Most likely to the detriment of her marriage. Sad to watch as it slowly goes up in flames. We're in the smoldering part right now.

+ Reply to Thread