+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

Re: Bethenny Ever After

I can see all kinds of financial battles if Bethenny and Jason don't make it. I wonder if they have a prenup.

It's funny. You seldom divorce the same person you married. I'm sure many of you will know what that means. LOL
    norealityhere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I watched Martin Scorsese's George Harrison: Living in the Materal World last week and I was so impressed with his wife, Olivia Trinidad Arias, who lived him for nearly 30 years through many challenges to their relationship - including infidelity. I had not know that he remarried after his divorce from his first wife.
    Brief thread hijack ... that was a really good documentary, wasn't it?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Brief thread hijack ... that was a really good documentary, wasn't it?
    It was wonderful! I rewatched it, and probably will again. He covered a lot of years in it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can see all kinds of financial battles if Bethenny and Jason don't make it. I wonder if they have a prenup.

It's funny. You seldom divorce the same person you married. I'm sure many of you will know what that means. LOL
    Me too, I think Jason would make life very difficult in a divorce and would go after every penny he could. I'm sure he'd be asking for spousal support.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Interesting. . . I think Jason would be just the opposite. I see him as very much of a gentleman, and a man with a lot of pride in his own ability to work hard to earn his OWN money. He has even said on the show that one of his struggles is that the is very traditional (and old fashioned) in that regard, and it is hard for him when his wife is so passionate (and successful) in her chosen endeavors, and he has never truly found the work that HE loves to do.

I also think that it is a better choice for Jason to work with/for Bethenny in her company because it would be harder for their marriage if Bethenny hired a stranger, and Jason was then left to feel like an outsider at Skinnygirl, a business that he had previously been very involved in and passionate about from the beginning. That alone could possibly drive them apart. So I think it's much better for them to at least try to see if they can work together, because I really think that would work out very well for them. They're going to be battling anyway, so this way they'll be battling for a good reason: to make the business better and more successful.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I love both Bethenny and Jason and love them together --- even though, at the time of the filming of this season, it was very difficult for them, and as a result, it's hard for us to watch --- especially those of us who want their relationship to succeed and be happy and fulfilling. The two of them remind me so much of Rachel Zoe and her husband Rodger. Rachel is very much like Bethenny, in that she is a very strong, driven, successful business woman --- and she has many of the same issues with Rodger that Bethenny has with Jason, including both husbands having to make a decision of whether or not to enter their wife's business. Apparently, Rodger DID decide to work with Rachel, and I believe it worked out well --- although the 'Rachel Zoe Project' show didn't make it clear whether he is STILL working with her. And that brings me to my point about Bethenny and Jason. Jason has said that he is very excited about potentially being involved in Bethenny's business and he has already been (unofficially) very involved with it since before the Skinnygirl sale to Jim Beam. He also said that he has been disappointed in his own inability to find a business field of his own that he could LOVE the way Bethenny loves her field. Additionally, Jason also is one of the few people that Bethenny can really trust (just like Rachel said that Rodger was the only person that she could really trust) --- and interestingly, both men have the level of 'business' skills that their wives are lacking and very much needing in their business. So it seems to me that Jason could TRY IT OUT -- say, for a year or so, and they could see if they can work well together, and how their marriage does, under those circumstances. I believe this would help them tremendously during this tumultuous time of the business's growth and transition, and if it ended up not being good for their relationship, it would, at least, have given Bethenny the time (and support) that she needs to find and bring in capable people to help her run the business. It would also give Jason an opportunity, first hand, to see whether he really does love working in the business, and how he feels about working with Bethenny --- as his wife and as his boss. Some couples do very well working together, especially when they both have the skillset that the other one needs. Many celebrity couples have production companies that they co-own and operate successfully together -- but the only way one can see if it will work for them is if they go ahead and try it. If it doesn't work, they can figure something else out if they wish to remain together.
    This is going to sound cruel, but I don't think either of the husbands have the same intellect and drive as their wives. Plus, the passion in the product is coming from the women.

I think the disparity is greater between Jason and Bethany than between Roger and Rachel, though, and I only see a crash and burn future for them. It they divorce, I wouldn't have a problem if Jason sought spousal support. I think Bethany liked him well enough to have him father her child, but that is where it ended. She got what she wanted and now is done. I don't think she intentionally used him this way, but that is what happened.

Don't mean to be a hater, but that's how I see it.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-13-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Rodger and Rachel have been together forever. Rodger dies not understand fashion. But Rachel started clothing businesses of her own. He can run that.

Bethenny has zest. But she struggled prior to Jason. Maybe he is a good luck charm for her. Jason is the one that is good with money. He will be alright regardless. I think Jason understands Bethenny's uniqueness. SHE IS a lot of laughs.....just wish peace for the both of them.
    You can do it!

IMO Roger is blind when it comes to Rachel and her antics or at least pretends to be.

Jason has Bethenny's number and I think that is what bothers her so much about him.

It's sad that the more I watched these two ladies, the less I have liked them.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I just read that Bethanny miscarried in February of 2012 with her's and Jason's 2nd child.

That could explain much of what we are seeing. High emotion, drama, stress, etc. Both prior to the pregnancy, during, and certainly post-miscarriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I just read that Bethanny miscarried in February of 2012 with her's and Jason's 2nd child.

That could explain much of what we are seeing. High emotion, drama, stress, etc. Both prior to the pregnancy, during, and certainly post-miscarriage.
    Yes, I was sad to hear that news. It would be convenient to blame her conduct on that, but I think she was like that long before. I know it sounds like I dislike her in my posts, but I really do like her. I've been a fan for a long time. It's just that after awhile, you start seeing things that used to be amusing and now they aren't. I really wish she could treat Jason as nice as some stranger she just met.

+ Reply to Thread