+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 108 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Jason does love Bethanny. I also think Bethanny loves Jason. Based only on what I've seen, I think most of the problems begin with Bethanny. I think Jason is really trying to keep them happily married. I think Bethanny wishes for them to be happy together but doesn't work on it.
    Jason considers joining Bethanny's company because he knows he would do a great job but the downside is he'd be working with Bethanny...it's hard enough just being married for these two, since she continues to carry all her baggage everywhere she goes.
    She also has an attitude that I've seen with many others, (Lisa Lampenelli to name one) who are difficult and lacking in many areas but say "This is who I am and I'm not going to change." It appears to me when I see this, that they think there's no reason to improve themselves. I think all of us are a work in progress (forgive my use of another overused phrase) and constantly need to work on ourselves. I find that attitude to be selfish and egoistical.
    If this is who she is and she has no intention of changing, growing or improving herself, then all those therapy appointments are nothing more than an exercise in narcissism. Why bother going to therapy then, unless you just like to hear yourself talk and can pay someone to sit there and listen to you?

Trust issues deal with the "what if". Best case scenario is you get to have a friend for life. All one can do is enjoy the present. Be proud of who you are now. It is that or the dark side.

I see Bethenny being honest saying that her mother once might have been loving. She does not like pain. She is making big deals out of things that mean nothing.

Not changing much has to do wiring and circumstances. I think there is GOOD selfish and BAD selfish. Bad selfishness is hurting others.
    Last edited by Lizard; 05-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

She is making big deals out of things that mean nothing.
    Bethany is one of those who creates drama when there is none.
    They say people who do this are usually raised in drama. It's all they know, and they subconsciously create it when there is none.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If this is who she is and she has no intention of changing, growing or improving herself, then all those therapy appointments are nothing more than an exercise in narcissism. Why bother going to therapy then, unless you just like to hear yourself talk and can pay someone to sit there and listen to you?
    Have wondered about this very same thing. I think Bethanny is not only "damaged" from childhood....and no one can doubt that it must have been really difficult and often painful.....but she's also somewhat narcissistic. Not in that awful annoying way many narcissists are but it's there, even though she always seems to have the best of intentions in most things.
    Maybe people who have similar issues go to therapy, thinking they're working on it but might just be using it to talk (even more!) about themselves and their lives....a narcissist's favorite topic. I think she believes she's helping herself and maybe she is. I don't see it though. And it saddens me.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 05-06-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.

She should have stepped down from the stage after her last RHNY season - the B show has added to her "damage". Should have known better.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

If she does not feel better going to the therapist she should stop. She might see improvements now that we do not know of.
    Last edited by Lizard; 05-06-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    She should have stepped down from the stage after her last RHNY season - the B show has added to her "damage". Should have known better.
    Addicted to the fame. And the orig show probably did bring Jim Beam. I do not want to see another season but this season has given me something to ponder.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    You can do it!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I watched Martin Scorsese's George Harrison: Living in the Materal World last week and I was so impressed with his wife, Olivia Trinidad Arias, who lived him for nearly 30 years through many challenges to their relationship - including infidelity. I had not know that he remarried after his divorce from his first wife.

When asked the secret of a long marriage she laughed softly and said, "Don't get divorced." I had to laugh at that and also acknowledge the truth in it, having been married to the same man since 1973. It's true. You work through the challenges, even when you are not even conscious of the work you are doing. And, as she said, there is the sweetest reward when you overcome each one in time. You both grow into stronger and better people for the struggle.

Challenges make a marriage. If you want your marriage to be static and always peaceful you'll never know those rewards of that kind of growth. I hope that Jason and Bethenny do as Olivia advised. These days staying married seems to be less of a goal than it used to be, but I hope the Hoppys have that kind of dedication to their vows.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I watched Martin Scorsese's[I] 30 years through many challenges to their relationship - including infidelity. I had not know that he remarried after his divorce from his first wife.

There is the sweetest reward when you overcome each one in time. You both grow into stronger and better people for the struggle.

Challenges make a marriage. If you want your marriage to be static and always peaceful you'll never know those rewards of that kind of growth. I hope that Jason and Bethenny do as Olivia advised. These days staying married seems to be less of a goal than it used to be, but I hope the Hoppys have that kind of dedication to their vows.
    I was an old maid who engages a lot in people watching. I have friends whose second marriages are long term and successful. Whatever grants the most peace. Everyone is different.
    Last edited by Lizard; 05-07-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    You can do it!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I love both Bethenny and Jason and love them together --- even though, at the time of the filming of this season, it was very difficult for them, and as a result, it's hard for us to watch --- especially those of us who want their relationship to succeed and be happy and fulfilling. The two of them remind me so much of Rachel Zoe and her husband Rodger. Rachel is very much like Bethenny, in that she is a very strong, driven, successful business woman --- and she has many of the same issues with Rodger that Bethenny has with Jason, including both husbands having to make a decision of whether or not to enter their wife's business. Apparently, Rodger DID decide to work with Rachel, and I believe it worked out well --- although the 'Rachel Zoe Project' show didn't make it clear whether he is STILL working with her. And that brings me to my point about Bethenny and Jason. Jason has said that he is very excited about potentially being involved in Bethenny's business and he has already been (unofficially) very involved with it since before the Skinnygirl sale to Jim Beam. He also said that he has been disappointed in his own inability to find a business field of his own that he could LOVE the way Bethenny loves her field. Additionally, Jason also is one of the few people that Bethenny can really trust (just like Rachel said that Rodger was the only person that she could really trust) --- and interestingly, both men have the level of 'business' skills that their wives are lacking and very much needing in their business. So it seems to me that Jason could TRY IT OUT -- say, for a year or so, and they could see if they can work well together, and how their marriage does, under those circumstances. I believe this would help them tremendously during this tumultuous time of the business's growth and transition, and if it ended up not being good for their relationship, it would, at least, have given Bethenny the time (and support) that she needs to find and bring in capable people to help her run the business. It would also give Jason an opportunity, first hand, to see whether he really does love working in the business, and how he feels about working with Bethenny --- as his wife and as his boss. Some couples do very well working together, especially when they both have the skillset that the other one needs. Many celebrity couples have production companies that they co-own and operate successfully together -- but the only way one can see if it will work for them is if they go ahead and try it. If it doesn't work, they can figure something else out if they wish to remain together.
    Poppy Fields likes this.

+ Reply to Thread