+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: Bethenny Ever After

FORT Fan

Re: Bethenny Ever After

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I will admit, as strongly as I'll defend Bethenny and Jason's decision to have a guardian other than grandparents, the way she talked to Veronica last night seemed very strange to me. It may be due to the entire conversation being staged for drama. But it struck me as strange the way she talked about "leaving Bryn" to Veronica. She was talking about it in the same way you'd say "If we die, I'm leaving my house to you" or "I'm leaving my favorite pieces of jewelery to you". She was talking about Bryn like she'd be giving a gift to someone, instead of focusing on someone who would provide care and love to her daughter. And please for the love of God Jason, don't give in and go to work for Bethenny!!!! That entire discussion really disturbed me. Bethenny's entire approach was "You have to make the decision. You have to decide what is right for you. Now it sounds to me like your hesitation is just silly and wrong-minded. But as soon as you come around to realizing that you need to give up your career to be my life coordinator, then I will accept that it is your decision that you came to on your own". I think Jason working for Bethenny would be the best way for her to completely emasculate him. It would also be the best way to destroy their marriage, and possibly screw up her business on the way down.
    I thought the conversation about Bryn was just legalese. Bethenny said that she and Jason had been working on their wills with a lawyer and I think that was just lawyer talk. It did bother me though to see how much Bethenny interrupted Jason when he was talking about why he is frustrated and does feel some resentment. While it is up to Jason to figure it out and my impression was that they've had this conversation before, she really should have backed off. I don't think that it is a good idea for Jason to work "with" Bethenny. At least not until they have sorted themselves out better as a married couple.

I saw parts last night. I do wish her attorney would explain to Bethenny, that you cannot leave your children to anyone. You can make a request in your Will, but it is not iron clad. It can still be overturned if necessary. It's more of a guide than a requirement.

You can appoint a Trustee to handle the financial matters regarding the child. That is legal and must be followed by the courts. The guardianship can be requested, but is always open to ensure the best interests of the child is being take care of. (Most states follow this.)

I will say that the hot sand and beautiful water had me wanting to get there FAST! I love the beach and that scenery had me missing the beach so much. I could almost feel the breeze, the heat and the cool feel of that refreshing beverage in my hand. OMG. I can't wait til vacation. I won't be going to Mexico, but Atlantic Beach, NC is just fine for me! LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Most of this episode was hard to watch - I do like Jason, Bethenny, and their cast; so hard to see it going bad.

B's #1 employee was shown telling Jason she quit basically b/c she couldn't take it anymore. So, Jason, step away from Bethenny's business and keep you own identity- it'll chew you up and spit you out if you put both feet in!

Bethenny doesn't always think things through - like saying she'll leave her child to her friend. She has the right idea, but expresses it poorly, apparently not knowing appropriate terminology for requesting in a will that she wants a certain person to have guardianship. I don't know the words either, but she should if she's deep into this issue and has talked w/a lawyer.

Ahhh.... I hope B & J finish this season intact, then get off the stage. It's not doing her brand any good IMHO.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

You know what else struck me in the conversation between Bethenny and Jason was that Bethenny would NEVER tolerate Jason giving her the same responses she was giving him. He was trying to be honest and let her know what his concerns were. She just kept on coming back with "Well that's your issue. You need to work through that". I don't see that much difference between those comments and "you're damanged". Bethenny expects Jason to be there and listen to her and emphathize with her 24/7. But when he asks for that in return for her, he's just blown off. If it were ever possible, Bethenny would HATE being married to herself!

I really hate to say this because I like both Bethanny and Jason....but the way they are going, it does not look good for the long run.
    They both are at fault for the issues that keep coming up in their own ways. Although I think Bethanny is a little more at fault here but then I don't live with them so my opinion is just that: an opinion based on what we are shown and may not be accurate. I do believe they love each other but they need counseling for the problems that keep occurring.
    And it pains me to say all this.
    This last episode was difficult to watch. I hope Jason does not become part of her "empire," because I just see that as adding to their problems.

FORT Fogey

I can only handle Bethanny in small doses and therefore haven't seen all episodes - or even many - of her show.

From what little I've seen, it appears Bethanny and Jason are on two different playing fields. For example, Bethanny wanted her wedding ring blinged out or something on their anniversary whereas Jason prefers keeping the ring in tact for sentimental reasons. And so on. The tension is palatable. I also saw Bethany on WWHL, and she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. Andy asked about it and she gave a rather lame excuse and denied it meant separation or intention to divorce.

I'm curious what the general consensus is about these two and their future. For example,
    • Does Jason truly love Bethany (he seems to have in the beginning)
    • Does Bethany truly love him or was he a convenient person with whom she could fulfill her other life goal of having child with?
    • Why does Jason want in to Bethany's company? Is he a gold-digger who puts on an angelic show?

I don't see this relationship working. Bethany is a Type A to the nth degree. Jason is not. They are on different levels in all respects - intelligence, ambition, speed, etc., and I just don't see it going the distance. I never did actually.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-04-2012 at 04:43 AM.

FORT Fogey

To answer your questions, I think that Jason truly loves Bethenny. I honestly don't know whether or not Bethenny still loves Jason, or if she just liked the idea of the challenge Jason was initially, and the fact that he would / did give her a baby. And I don't think Jason wants in to Bethenny's company. I think Bethenny wants him to be a part of it, both because she knows he's got good business sense that she is lacking in some areas (she's more of an idea person than an analytical one) and because it would give him more focus on her and her needs instead of having other distractions. Remember in the first few seasons, Bethenny used to complain about Jason having to travel for work and not being with her at times she wanted him around.

FORT Fogey

I'm not watching much this season, although I have the episodes DVR'd and might watch when other shows go into reruns. It sounds like problems between them are escalating, but I always thought that Jason was one of the few men on the planet who could put up with Bethenny's issues and quirks, so she would do well not to do anything to push him away or exceed his limits of tolerance. You can love someone but not be able to live with her. Don't get me wrong ... I like Bethenny. I just think she is too much of a challenge for most men.

FORT Fogey

What all of you are saying makes sense to me. Jason does seem to have really loved Bethany, but that it all seems to be too much for him right now.

As for Bethany, I'm not sure she ever loved Jason. I think that he was very appealing to her because he is a person who can handle her energy and quirks and would be able to give her a child and be a good father. She is past that now and I don't think he fits into her world anymore. Kind of a tortoise and the hare situation.

They are both so different .... and it's not possible to make an apple turn into an orange. A split seems inevitable - if not preferrable.

I think Jason does love Bethanny. I also think Bethanny loves Jason. Based only on what I've seen, I think most of the problems begin with Bethanny. I think Jason is really trying to keep them happily married. I think Bethanny wishes for them to be happy together but doesn't work on it.
    Jason considers joining Bethanny's company because he knows he would do a great job but the downside is he'd be working with Bethanny...it's hard enough just being married for these two, since she continues to carry all her baggage everywhere she goes.
    She also has an attitude that I've seen with many others, (Lisa Lampenelli to name one) who are difficult and lacking in many areas but say "This is who I am and I'm not going to change." It appears to me when I see this, that they think there's no reason to improve themselves. I think all of us are a work in progress (forgive my use of another overused phrase) and constantly need to work on ourselves. I find that attitude to be selfish and egoistical.

+ Reply to Thread